Couples | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | News | Ryan Barry | Victor Fehrenbach

BigGayDeal.com

Hot Santa Couple Alert: Ryan Barry and Lt. Colonel Victor Fehrenbach

Barry_fehrenbach

Fitness model and personal trainer Ryan Barry and decorated (and discharged under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell") Lieutenant Colonel Victor Fehrenbach wore their "Hot Santa" outfits to the AIDS Services Foundation fundraiser last night in Orange County.

Barry and Fehrenbach have been dating for several months, says the tipster who passed along this photo. Last we knew Barry was dating SLDN spokesperson and former Air Force officer Reichen Lehmkuhl.

Happy holidays to the couple!

Related...
18-Year Decorated Air Force Veteran to be Discharged for Being Gay [tr]
Armani Exchange Announces Winner of Underwear Model Search [tr]

Comments

1. I was waiting to see how long it was before the Anti-Reichenites came out. It is a sad commentary on the civility of our times, when the bitchiness and one-liner jabs passes as wit. if their relationship did not work out, there is no cause for rejoicing, or smart ass comments. Why can't we just hope they both move on peacefully? I, for one wish Reichen and Ryan all the best even if apart. Can't we just exhibit some good will towards others for a change?

Posted by: Reggie | Dec 3, 2009 3:14:10 PM

2. God, you bitter queens make me sick. No wonder it's so hard to win enough straight allies to help win us equal rights. Who in their right mind would want to lift a finger to help any of you miserable sad sacks.

Btw, "Oh Well" . . . aren't you late for a Log Cabin Republicans meeting? Or Weight Watchers, for that matter?

Posted by: Fed Up | Dec 3, 2009 3:23:33 PM

3. Lt. Col. Fehrenbach [whose discharge, I believe, is still in process] has done a great deal to advance opposition to DADT, and for that I salute him.

Posted by: Michael @ LeonardMatlovich.com | Dec 3, 2009 3:31:30 PM

4. Yeah, because what I really want is a big fat disgusting pigbearman or manbearpig (sorry, building a community around clinical obesity and old age is just masking the truth) covered in clothing...representin' me. Respectable!

Posted by: TANK | Dec 3, 2009 3:33:14 PM

5. There is nothing wrong with a gay man acknowledging and celebrating his sexuality, especially after he's been forced to keep it hidden for so long. Good on him for being just as free and open as his straight counterparts could be at a private party.

And Michael's right, Lt. Col. Fehrenbach's firing is still in process. It appears that if the Obama administration has its way, even if DADT is repealed, cases already underway would still be persecuted (not a typo). Details at the link on my name.

Posted by: Matt Algren | Dec 3, 2009 3:58:56 PM

6. Who f-ing cares?!!!!

Posted by: A | Dec 3, 2009 4:32:53 PM

7. Call me strange or old-school gay, but for me the coolest thing about entering gay social life was to meet writers, artists, actors, politicians, etc. - interesting, talented people whom I never would have known if I'd married a woman, bought a house in the suburbs, and devoted my weekends to keeping my picket fence painted. Meeting personal trainers and fitness models seems kind of banal by comparison, but if that's Fehrenbach's personal pursuit of happiness, it's a free country. I'll admit to a bit of personal disappointment, though, because on MSNBC he comes across as more substantial than that.

Posted by: Sancho | Dec 3, 2009 4:56:49 PM

8. Yawn Yawn Yawn

Emaciated - and am I the only one in 2009 that is bored to death with the muscle queens and the endless attention given to them by blogs like Andy's ... when in real life we know they are elitist self-serving a-holes ?

Posted by: Tony X | Dec 3, 2009 5:22:08 PM

9. Being sexy and hot and showing off your body doesn't make you the least interesting either.

Posted by: Tony X | Dec 3, 2009 5:24:16 PM

10. For godssakes, you uptight queens, it was an AIDS fundraiser, not a fucking Repeal DADT rally! I don't recall Fehrenbach asking to become anyone's political poster boy, why are you laying this on him? Get a multi-dimensional life, people, and let him live HIS!

Posted by: Jim | Dec 3, 2009 5:24:34 PM

11. Sancho, you're sounding rather bigoted, assuming that fitness models and personal trainers are somehow less interesting, or at least banal, compared to writers, artists, actors (?!), politicians, etc. I've read of many of the former who hold advanced degrees and are very successful business people.

Posted by: Jim | Dec 3, 2009 5:29:46 PM

12. To "Fed Up":

Don't bring your hatred against overweight people into this (or maybe you have weight issues of your own - thou dost protest too much?) Quit being a d*** and leave fat people alone. Some of us happen to love them!

Posted by: Don't discriminate | Dec 3, 2009 5:36:59 PM

13. Fat "people"? Listen, porky, fat is unhealthy. SO either shed those pounds, or shut the fuck up.

And Jim, you're delusional. Fitness trainers and models aren't known for their conversation or thinking abilities. I'm sure you've met very many fascinating male models and fitness professionals with advanced degrees in health science and business administration...but you're an idiot, so that's a pretty low threshold.

Posted by: TANK | Dec 3, 2009 5:40:35 PM

14. What a bunch of skanks. Maybe he can wear the same outfit when he shows up in the Senate to testify in favor of repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell. I'm sure the outfit will give him an enormous amount of professional credibility.

Posted by: Shane | Dec 3, 2009 5:57:13 PM

15. Ryan's no intellectual slouch. He's a Phi Beta Kappa graduate in neuropsychology and a Cambridge educated fellow. They were in Cambridge (Ryan studying at Darwin, Victor stationed at Lakenheath) the same 2 years!

Kismet.

Posted by: Writer | Dec 3, 2009 5:58:56 PM

16. tweedle-dee & tweedle-dum show abs for aids. wear a ribbon, y'all!

Posted by: tyto | Dec 3, 2009 11:14:19 PM

17. I'll say it, "eeew! hairless mole rats!"

But yes, I'm glad they're happy. I personally would prefer they'd be happier with the hair that nature gave them. But then, they're probably not thinking about me right now. So sad.

Posted by: David R. | Dec 4, 2009 2:47:10 AM

18. Tank, your post is so full of hate I feel sorry for you. You whine like a child and call names. You are either sick or insane or both.

To Andy - you've blocked people before from your site for posting hateful messages, why'd you let this one go? Block him!

Posted by: Hate much? | Dec 4, 2009 11:08:48 AM

19. Ryan Barry uses everyone he knows. He constantly is seeing several people always saying they're just his buddies. He had countless guys on the side while he was with the queen from Amazing Race. He sleeps with guys who have richer boyfriends and they have secret affairs while enjoying the money from the boyfriends of the twinks he sees who are lying to their sugar daddies. Ryan expects everything to be paid for him by the shallow who believe his "good guy act." He is a tragic trainer in his mid 30's. The truth is he is a hollow guy who has no problem taking gifts like cars from people who fall in love with him even though he could not care one bit for that persons soul. He currently drives a mercedes given to him by some twink that is in love with him. Meanwhile the twink who gave him the car has a rich older boyfriend who they both lie to and say they are just friends. This is not a good guy. Ryan and the Victor look like major queens. Victor has such a fruity face. Ryan seems to only be photographed with his shirt off. What a cheese ball. Muscle queens like these gay santas give gays a bad name.

Posted by: userAlert | Dec 18, 2009 1:54:52 AM

20. What has this Ryan Barry fella done for the world other then be shirtless? If he went to Cambridge for this alleged degree, why can he be seen in gyms training people and paying more attention to his own reflection in a mirror than his clients? Would he not be using his psychology studies to better the world? The disgraced Lt. has very creepy looking eyes. Instead of letting grinder website guide them around life from sexual encounter to sexual encounter, maybe they should use the press opportunities to do some good for mankind, keep their shirts on at functions and speak to some issues that matter.

Posted by: observer | Dec 18, 2009 10:30:42 AM

21. I do look like that with my shirt off, and I'm in medical school, and I'm still dignified enough to keep myself covered.

Posted by: RJ | Nov 12, 2010 7:48:55 PM

22. I was prepared to think that Victor was not "all that", just one of the ballyhooed military pinups we all seems to worship around here. However, the fact that he chose to have the word Truth inscribed in Russian above his pectoral makes me wonder—is there more than meets the eye? He might be Russian himself ("Victor" sounds Russian to me). The post-Soviet version of the paper was a rollicking read, not dedushka's paper! In any case, no periodical can copyright the name.

Posted by: Алёша | Nov 16, 2010 2:35:38 PM