Above, another homophobic flyer I received from a reader in Houston similar to the ones sent out by local activist Dave Wilson last week, targeting lesbian Annise Parker in the Houston mayoral race.
And there are anti-gay emails as well. Here's part of one that's being sent out by Southern Baptist pastor Rick Scarborough, furnished to us by a Towleroad reader. Scarborough heads the group Vision America, warning people that electing Annise Parker as mayor will open the floodgates to the "homosexual agenda", which includes the items listed below:
The Homosexual Agenda
- Legalize same sex marriage
- Mandate public acceptance of the homosexual activities.
- Teach homosexuality to school children, starting in kindergarten,
as an acceptable, alternative lifestyle. This is known as
multisexualism. This enables homosexuals to recruit children to their
- Lower or remove age of consent laws leading to relaxation of laws prohibiting pedophilia. See www.nambla.org/
- Elevate homosexuals to a minority class, leading to affirmative
action for homosexuals in the workplace. Cross dressers could force
employers to accept their actions at work.
- Prohibit any
speech which opposes homosexual activity. This would be considered
“hate speech” and have criminal sanctions. This would destroy 1st
Amendment free speech rights for those who oppose homosexual conduct
and the homosexual political movement.
- Require employee benefits to be provided to same sex partners.
- Elect candidates to office who will work to implement the homosexual agenda.
Read the full email here.
The AP yesterday reported on the rising anti-gay rhetoric in the Houston mayoral race.
The run-off election is this Saturday, December 12.