Comments

1. RB says

Andy, great speech.

Look, I know you live in NY and all, but there is news going on elsewhere, and since this is more a national blog, could you please move it along? We’re all facing this in our states in one way or another, and many other things.

This blog lately makes it seem like NY is the only state in the nation, where was this detail in the other state votes on this issue, or other votes across the country on other topics?

2. E. says

Beautiful speech! Well reasoned, funny, impassioned. This is the kind of ally we need so much more of. Too bad some of the cowardly democrats who voted “no” weren’t even present and listening–that’s the shameful part.

3. steve says

@RB – that’s ridiculous

New York affects us all on one level or another

coverage of news in other states has also been pretty extensive

I’m not even close to NY, but still very interested in what is going on there

4. patrick nyc says

POSTED BY: RB
    ———–
    Do you know how much it takes to write a blog RB? Andy does have a life you know and many like to know what is going on in the nations largest city.

Plus he must weed through hundreds of sites to feed this on.

As for Ms Savino, her speech was one of the most moving I’ve heard. She puts many of the no votes to shame.

Her email if anyone is interested in thanking her.

savino@senate.state.ny.us

5. says

Bravo, Diane Savino! She’s a hero.

If only all of her colleagues were as fair-minded and straight-talking (no pun intended) as she. This is how it’s done, Sen. Addabbo and you other cowards.

And, RB, not interested in an important equality vote in NY, move it along yourself to another blog that covers stuff you care about. Simple solution. Tho I’m not sure which marriage equality votes you think Andy’s neglecting?

6. bastian says

Great, eloquent speech. I didn’t think politicians like her existed anymore. As for the NY coverage, I don’t know what you’re talking about RB. I am not from NY nor do I live in NY, however, this kind of coverage is exactly why I come to this website: for *gay* news.

This issue is important for gays across America and I speak for myself at the very least when I say that I am desperately praying for my gay brothers and sisters in each and every state that wrestles with this issue.

If you don’t want care to read a story about NY state and gay rights, don’t read it or find that additional news elsewhere. The least you can do is have some respect for Andy’s direction and editorial decisions. After all, it’s not like you pay for any of the great content that he thoughtfully produces each and every day (and that you consume so casually).