Brett Favre | Football (American) | Minnesota | News | Sports

Watch: Brett Favre Loves Smackin' Football Butt

Favre2

Back in his retirement speech of March 2008, Brett Favre talked about what he would miss away from the field:

Favre1 "...the friendships you make along the way, they come and go to a certain extent. But they are special and that I think I'll miss, grinding together. Football, I think is very unique in that of all the sports because you have to rely on one another so much more than the other sports and it's a physical sport, which I think in turn mentally challenges you more so than any other sport. And I am a little biased, but I will miss that. Sitting in those meetings with the receivers and figuring out how we're going to beat the upcoming team and challenging each other and doing it in a fun way, slapping our big linemen on the butt, which I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. But all that stuff, man that's just what it's all about. And I will miss that stuff."

Before last night's game against the Bears, ESPN aired a segment on Favre, now, of course, a Minnesota Viking, which revealed he's definitely still enjoying his favorite things.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Damn he is a same sex S&M Top .... that is quite the smack

Posted by: Walter | Dec 29, 2009 10:21:27 AM

2. Brett needs to be introduced to the concept of how to age gracefully. I don't think he is gay or bi, just a little boy that can't grow up. Bit of a diva too.

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 29, 2009 10:30:54 AM

3. Wow I think I got some wood watching that montage.

Posted by: Wayne | Dec 29, 2009 11:31:24 AM

4. Does everyone find Brett sexy around here? I do, but some folks say they don't, so I guess he's the George Clooney of sports (love him or ignore him).

Posted by: Drew | Dec 29, 2009 12:36:26 PM

5. No doubt a great quarterback, but a major douche bag.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Dec 29, 2009 12:37:47 PM

6. Ok, I actually watched that now and admit that Brett butt-smacking 300lb men is a special kind of strange.

I can understand a straight man smacking his wife's boo-tay, but even gay men don't do this to other gay men (in public, lol). Very peculiar!

Posted by: Drew | Dec 29, 2009 12:48:50 PM

7. He's still my all time favorite QB! I hope he takes the Vikes to the Super Bowl-it would be great if he could top off his career with a Super Bowl win.
    Also think he's way sexy at any age. As my sainted Irish Grandma would say "there may be snow on the roof,but there's still plenty of fire in the basement" Amen to that Granny!

Posted by: robert | Dec 29, 2009 1:21:20 PM

8. It's a good thing that Brett Favre doesn't live in Uganda. He could get the death penalty.

Posted by: Wrecks | Dec 29, 2009 2:01:43 PM

9. Does Brett get into leather gear for the post game discipline....?!

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 29, 2009 5:14:02 PM

10. OK, even with my Farve crush, he did seem a wee bit too slappy happy in this montage.

Posted by: obmitar | Dec 29, 2009 5:47:39 PM

11. The only one gay is the person that posted this article

Posted by: Chris | Dec 29, 2009 6:22:50 PM

12. I hate Brett Favre. I'm a Packer fan working in Downtown Minneapolis (I can see the Metrodome from my office) and this season hasn't been fun until the past few weeks. Good things the Vikings fail at the end of every season no matter who the QB is - Favre doesn't deserve to even make the NFC Championship, much less the Super Bowl.

Posted by: Alex | Dec 29, 2009 7:30:01 PM

13. Former Green Bay Packer ... Perhaps a fudge packer?

Posted by: John | Dec 29, 2009 8:37:55 PM

14. no matter how you slice it... brett sure likes to slap mens asses. no more. no less.

Posted by: Eddie | Dec 29, 2009 8:51:23 PM

15. football players have been smacking man booty because it's the only area without defensive padding....quit gaying up the straight!!!

Posted by: alan brickman | Dec 29, 2009 11:54:25 PM

16. HOME.FIELD.ADVANTAGE. haha sorry! had to be done! WHO DAT say dey gonna beat dem Saints?1?!?!?!?!?! NOLA rocks!

Posted by: Coffee & chicory | Dec 30, 2009 1:43:42 AM

17. Brett Favre can slap my ass anytime anywhere!

R-

Posted by: the one and only ridor | Dec 30, 2009 2:17:23 AM

18. They also don't slap elbows or shoulders because they may be playing through injuries..insert derogatory gay joke here...

Posted by: alan brickman | Dec 30, 2009 6:40:22 PM

19. Dude is too funny.

Posted by: Jedi | Dec 31, 2009 12:40:34 PM

20. I'm happy that Brett Favre is finally having a great season after retiring, coming back, retiring and coming back again.During his long football career I hope for his sake he has tasted and allowed other football players to 'taste' the fruits of his success.If spanking is just a little bit of that taste-then I guess he is willing to settle for that.

Posted by: nedwiththebigguns | Jan 1, 2010 11:55:38 AM

21. There's a way that's usually done and this isn't it. In fact we're seeing less and less of it by everyone, which may be why the players looked so surprised.

If only 50 percent of men are a Kinsey zero (100 percent straight) I'm not sure that coin toss comes up straight. As a seasoned veteran of the male grab-ass culture of a straight college fraternity, I know what it looks like when men yearn for each other- and they take the opportunity to touch when it presents. The only time he can touch a handsome black man is there and then. In the shower? well, not gonna happen. (Gotta go to Steamworks for that.)

The lines of male teamwork, male bonding, male affection and male desire get blurry in what is essentially an entire society of men- thrown together for many hours, and under stress. I don't think that the testosterone fueling the rest of that enterprise suddenly turns off when they are mixing off the field.

Posted by: Rob | Jan 30, 2011 8:09:05 AM