Joel McHale | Matt Carney | News

BigGayDeal.com

Joel McHale Talks Homoerotic Humor, Gay Fans, Towleroad...

Carney

The Soup's Joel McHale talks to The Advocate's Brandon Voss about the show's homoerotic humor. McHale gives Towleroad a shout-out when asked, "When did you first realize that gay men enjoyed you?"

We did some bit for The Soup where I was in the shower, and it ended up on a number of gay websites. I thought, Well, I guess we’re reaching everybody. There’s also a guy on our staff named Matt Carney who plays the intern that we shoot all the time. When we had him half-naked and covered in oil, [Towleroad.com] called him a "greasy treat." His dad just said, "Hey, at least you have fans."

Said post is here. P.S. - Mankini's a hot piece too!

Comments

1. We met McHale at a WHCD cocktail party in DC a while back... He's incredibly funny in "real life," not to mention tall and smokin' hot. We walked around the party and to every celebrity we came across he'd gesture towards us and ask "so, have you met the gays?"

Posted by: JesryPo | Jan 23, 2010 1:35:11 PM

2. I would pay real cash money to cover him in frosting and lick him clean.

Posted by: Scott | Jan 23, 2010 3:09:07 PM

3. yeah, joel mchale is a tall, refreshing drink of water. cute, hot, and smart.... i hope his lucky wife appreciates his sexiness.

Posted by: nic | Jan 23, 2010 3:18:59 PM

4. McHale is hot, but I loooove Carney. I haven't seen him recently on the show. More Matt people!

Posted by: Denis | Jan 23, 2010 3:23:23 PM

5. Sound like another embarassing Advocate interview. Glad I swore that trash mag off a while back. Don't "the gays" realize that they are being ridiculed? I guess not.

Posted by: niles | Jan 23, 2010 3:24:53 PM

6. I think you are a bit off base NILES.There is a big difference between being ridiculed and being in on the joke. You clearly feel differently. Too each there own.

I find McHale and Chelsea Handler to be must watch TV. I don't watch 'reality' TV, so they show the best of this trash, as it is, trash.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 23, 2010 3:31:45 PM

7. Two girls headed into the Capitol South Metro:

Girl #1: "What's it called when you have a wedgie in the front?"
    Girl #2: "A veggie!"

Posted by: PearlsBeforeSwine | Jan 23, 2010 3:58:32 PM

8. "His dad just said, "Hey, at least you have fans."

Back-handed compliment if ever there was one.
    Why give press to these jackass homophobes?

Blech.

Posted by: TomJ | Jan 23, 2010 4:07:53 PM

9. yeah, they sure gave a lot of press to one of joel's staff member's clueless dad. tomj, you're a douche. maybe try reading the whole article. joel couldn't be further from that. if someone interviewed talks about someone they kinda know who said something kinda ignorant, that doesn't make them a homophobe too!

Posted by: Peter | Jan 23, 2010 4:40:25 PM

10. Not to mention that's not necessarily a homophobic comment. It all depends on context.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 23, 2010 6:14:34 PM

11. Joel McHale is hot, something about a really funny guy

he is good in community too, the episode where he took his shirt off to bathe in the parking lot i had saved on my tivo 4 weeks..oh and the halloween episode where hes a cowboy suh weet

hes always so well dressed too, hes sexy

Posted by: Joe32 | Jan 23, 2010 10:33:13 PM

12. What gay man doesn't appreciate catty, trashy humor that pokes fun at the rest of TV's stupidity while making us laugh with great wit and wicked clips. Seriously, it's just about the best show ever.

Sooo meaty!

And "Community" isn't too bad either.

Posted by: johnny | Jan 23, 2010 10:56:00 PM

13. the show rocks. plus, danny pudi (abed) is so cute.

Posted by: nic | Jan 23, 2010 11:57:01 PM

14. LOL "cover him in frosting..." I have a sweet tooth too, Joel is smart, funny and wicked, love him. He reminds me of a brilliant bi friend who I trade barbs with. He thinks he could have me any time he wants, but I think I would never get involved with a guy who claims to prefer women. We are both lying a little and think we have an edge over the other. It makes the tension sweet

Posted by: Rikard | Jan 24, 2010 12:37:30 AM

15. I read the whole Advocate article. Was the interviewer a gay retard? Did 'gay' have to show up in every question asked? Do we still have to question the guys orientation while going 'too bad he's straight'? The Advocate reads like they are still in 1985. Just fold already.

Posted by: bearheim | Jan 24, 2010 12:23:57 PM

16. You're a (old, bear) gay retard. That's the whole point of the feature - they do it every issue. Asking straight stars gay questions that won't be asked anywhere else. If I want to read non-gay questions with Joel McHale, I'll read every other publication.

Posted by: Peter | Jan 25, 2010 5:44:31 PM

17. you need to see this music video!
    WE WISH EVERY GUY WAS GAY!

Posted by: pedro | Aug 23, 2010 3:10:13 PM