Couples | Gay Market | Marc Jacobs | News

Marc Jacobs and Lorenzo Martone Marry in St. Bart's

Jacobs_martone

Guest of a Guest reports: "Marc Jacobs made an honest man out of Lorenzo Martone this week, by marrying him in a private ceremony in St. Barts. Following the ceremony, the couples were feted at an exclusive private dinner hosted by Larry Gagosian, with guests including Russell Simmons and girlfriend Porschla Coleman."

Close-up of cake topper, AFTER THE JUMP...

Topper

Breaking: Marc Jacobs And Lorenzo Martone Tie The Knot In St. Barts! [guest of a guest]

Comments

1. Congratulations, whoever you are.

Are we getting reports of every same sex marriage that takes place, or am I supposed to know who these folks mentioned are?

Posted by: Richard | Jan 5, 2010 2:15:21 PM

2. Marc Jacobs is a designer. And aren't we bitchy today?

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jan 5, 2010 2:21:07 PM

3. Congratulation to the groom and groom. Looks like Marc reeled in his macho.

Posted by: niles | Jan 5, 2010 2:25:05 PM

4. Best career move Lorenzo Martone's life.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 5, 2010 2:39:40 PM

5. ker ching. i got gold du$t in my eye$ and under my fingernail$.

Posted by: casey | Jan 5, 2010 2:44:03 PM

6. St Barth is a french island and (unfortunatly) France doesn't recognise same sex marriage.

Posted by: no-no | Jan 5, 2010 2:48:30 PM

7. "Best career move in Lorenzo Martone's life."

@PeterParker: Honey, you don't know that half of it.

Posted by: Giovanni | Jan 5, 2010 2:50:21 PM

8. Dude, do you have a thing for Marc Jacobs or what? Ive never seen a site post this many fucking stories about him!

Posted by: Shane | Jan 5, 2010 3:14:27 PM

9. lighten up boys! they look so happy. And what's wrong with that? give them a break.

Posted by: ER | Jan 5, 2010 3:19:25 PM

10. No-No: the lucky couple live in New York which doesn't recognize gay marriage either. it was obviously a symbolic gesture. they have a new $10 million penthouse apt to come home to in SoHo. I'm $ure it was love at first $ight. bitter and jaded i am not.

Posted by: casey | Jan 5, 2010 3:23:43 PM

11. Divorced by Easter.....

Posted by: NewEng | Jan 5, 2010 3:26:09 PM

12. How lucky for them! Congrats BIG TIME! They have been in love for quite some time and my best wishes to them both for a long happy marriage. What a thrill! All the rumors were true - they did go to St. Barths to marry! HooRAY!!!!

Posted by: The OS2Guy | Jan 5, 2010 3:29:01 PM

13. I've always disliked Marc Jacobs look, not appealing to me at all. Lorenzo can have him and his money.

Posted by: joe | Jan 5, 2010 3:29:44 PM

14. Well all I can say is congrats to the happy couple, they look great together and I'm totally loving that cake topper!

Posted by: Michelle | Jan 5, 2010 3:34:46 PM

15. I just finished reading all of the comments and have to ask - what FU*K is wrong with the majority of people posting? WHO is Marc Jacobs? Do you even *belong* to the gay community? Dear God, get off your fat tushes and look him up! Marc Jacobs Marc (born April 9, 1963 in New York City) is on of America's most prestigious American fashion designers. He is the head designer for Marc Jacobs Yeah, his own freakin' label/company/institution), as well as the diffusion line Marc by Marc Jacobs. Jacobs is currently the Creative Director of the prestigious French design house Louis Vuitton.

Grow up. Get lives. This is YOUR world for Godsakes.

Posted by: The OS2Guy | Jan 5, 2010 3:36:33 PM

16. Funny, we expect people to respect us and treat us as equals yet, it is apparent that most of the people posting here have so much internalized hatred that they can't bare to see two other people happy.

Posted by: Alex | Jan 5, 2010 3:49:42 PM

17. That cake is tacky. Gross.

Posted by: TheJerk | Jan 5, 2010 4:04:50 PM

18. Update: People.com's David Caplan tweeted that Marc Jacob's rep said there was no wedding, just a party and that the couple is still engaged. http://bit.ly/8fFHiV

Posted by: The OS2Guy | Jan 5, 2010 4:08:24 PM

19. I was a big fan of Jacobs until I saw he and his partner walking their two little dogs in the West Village.

They let the pups shit all over the sidewalk and didn't bother to pick it up.

He's sort of dead to me now.

Posted by: Josh G. | Jan 5, 2010 4:08:41 PM

20. "This is YOUR world for Godsakes."

My world is jetting off to St. Barts for a celebrity-studded engagement party? Well, shit then... somebody owes me big time. I ain't seen none of that action.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 5, 2010 4:19:30 PM

21. "This is YOUR world for Godsakes."

No dude, it's YOURS. MY world has nothing to do with Marc Jacobs, luckily.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 5, 2010 4:26:29 PM

22. "Grow up. Get lives. This is YOUR world for Godsakes."

Why is it "our world", because we're gay? That means we *must* be interested in fashion and design? Uhm, no. The only thing Marc Jacobs, his boyfriend, and I have in common would be the tattoos. Otherwise, his world is not my world.

I do wish them a happy and healthy life together, they look really happy and I'm glad for them.

Posted by: DR | Jan 5, 2010 4:40:54 PM

23. "WHO is Marc Jacobs? Do you even *belong* to the gay community?"

I don't belong to the wealthy white one where people care about over priced clothes made for pretentious designers in third world countries with low pay scales.

And he can wear that f*cking kilt all he wants as he has for the last several years...WE ARE NOT picking up on this trend.

Posted by: qjersey | Jan 5, 2010 5:15:24 PM

24. Of course it was a party and not a wedding. You can't get married if same-sex marriage isn't legal or recognized.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 5, 2010 5:49:13 PM

25. I THOUGHT they were married in Ptown over summer 09?..who cares as long as they are happy and SPEND that molla

Posted by: tony | Jan 5, 2010 6:08:55 PM