Barack Obama | News | Sarah Palin | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Palin Caught Using Hand as 'Cheat Sheet' at Tea Party Confab

Palin

Immediately following a keynote speech during which she mocked Obama for his use of a teleprompter...

And in that spirit, I caution against allowing this movement by be defined by any one leader or politician. The Tea Party movement is not a top-down operation. It’s a ground-up call to action that is forcing both parties to change the way they are doing business, and that’s beautiful. This is about the people! This is about the people, and it’s bigger than any king or queen of a Tea Party. And it’s a lot bigger than any charismatic guy with a teleprompter.

Sarah Palin used notes written on her hand to help her through a Q&A at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville, or, as the Huffington Post puts it, "a contrived lovefest with a smitten interviewer and an adoring audience."

Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible.

Also, "Budget (cut?)"

I've posted the clips of her keynote and her referring to her hand, AFTER THE JUMP...

Of course, this "cheating" will no doubt endear her to the tea party base even more.

Palinhand

And here is the larger video and the entire earlier keynote:

Comments

1. Has this been confirmed? It seriously looks photoshopped to me. Notice how around the ink in the close up the color of her hand doesn't match the rest of her hand?

I mean it could be the spray tan, but if not, I say photoshopped.

Either way, not sure why this is interesting?

Posted by: Bizzle | Feb 7, 2010 9:09:25 PM

2. The gloves are off: I'm sick of this dim wit! She is so quick to criticize Obama about using his tele-prompter, yet she is there with "crib notes" written in her hand. She must be stopped, and the sooner the better! I'm sick of these "tea baggers" turning our country once again into a "Bush" infested, facist, nation! She's a quitter... and she must be discredited!

Posted by: Jim | Feb 7, 2010 10:13:46 PM

3. I can't wait to see what SNL does with this.

Posted by: Derek | Feb 7, 2010 10:57:14 PM

4. I hate to admit it, but the crib notes are charming. And I'd bet that many others feel the same way - the kind of thing Tea Partiers WANT to see. (I am not one.)

Let's work on educating her.

Posted by: TomJ | Feb 7, 2010 11:05:38 PM

5. Queen of the Quitters...nicely done. There is the concept of the "public intellectual" -- Sarah Palin is the epitome of America’s premier “public moron.”

Posted by: soleftimright | Feb 7, 2010 11:13:41 PM

6. She's profoundly thick and her appeal is frightening and bizarre.

Gaylord Opryland, for real ?

That's where these folks meet ?

Posted by: Paul Bunion | Feb 8, 2010 2:26:04 AM

7. {@By the way, Sarah Palin is Mitt Romney's dream come true. He is going to position himself as the adult in the room. Given Obama's absolute failure to do a single fucking thing, I think Romney is a shoo-in for 2012. I'm not going to like that, to put it mildly, but that's how this is going.
    POSTED BY: OH COME NOW | FEB 7, 2010 5:49:33 PM}

MY dear Obama can't get anything done because CONGRESS is acting stupid and BLOCKING everything did you hear about Sen Shelby from Alabama holding up 90 of Obama's appointees so he can get 45 million in earmarks to Alabama?

Obama isn't the problem those white hating Rethug Senators are!

@GRABBINNEWSCUM: You're just angry because your Daddy is Black and he rejected you!
    HA HA!!

Posted by: CHRIS | Feb 8, 2010 4:21:46 AM

8. Dubya, his father, and Reagan had teleprompters going endlessly and screwed up constantly. Often it seemed like they just couldn't read out loud, which I suppose is what makes them role models to Palin and her ilk.

Ain't nobody likes them big city fancy talkers.

Anyway, this is hardly a cheat sheet. Taxes, budget deficits, energy, and (failed) efforts to seem beneficial to America are the four main Republic talking points. If she can't remember those, she's going to need another 18 months of tutoring before she can remember that Santa Claus isn't real.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 8, 2010 4:50:45 AM

9. It's too funny. In the late summer of 2008 when candidate John McCain announced his curious choice of a running mate, I immediately ran to the computer to do a google-search of the name, "Sarah Palin". I knew next-to-nothing about the woman other than the fact that she was the governor of Alaska. The first thing in her paper-thin biography that stood out for me was the date of her birth: February 11, 1964. I remember that day - distinctly! That was the day my beloved grandma, Loretta Doran Clements, died in South Bend, Indiana at the age of sixty-eight.

But other than that interesting coincidence there was not a heck of a lot in her biography that really stood out. Truth be told, I was more than a little puzzled as to why the GOP would think her an asset to the ticket. The moment she opened her mouth at her first campaign stop in Dayton, Ohio, I could only think of one thing:

Sally Field as "Gidget".

When someone like Sarah Palin can make it as far as she has, it can mean only one thing and it's not a particularly good sign: we are living in a culture that has been custom-tailored for idiots. When a person who can barely put two coherent sentences together without the aid of a teleprompter becomes one of the best-selling non-fiction authors of the decade, that's usually a pretty good indicator that society is spiraling downward at a fairly decent clip. Fasten your seat belts, kiddies!

I had always believed that Monty Python alumni Michael Palin was the funniest person in the world to bear that name. In fact it should be stated for the record that the two Palins are equally funny. The only difference is that Michael works very hard at it. Sarah's funniness, on the other hand, is purely accidental. The woman is a scream; the Buster Keaton of unintentional comedy.

Tom Degan
    Goshen, NY

Posted by: Tom Degan | Feb 8, 2010 6:43:53 AM

10. She accused Obama of having teleprompters, but she clearly want's to do it the old fashioned way, like the spokes models do. Good luck trying to trying to get the house and senate in Republican hands; how's that workin for ya?

Posted by: Jeff Dunivant | Feb 8, 2010 7:48:04 AM

11. When General Eisenhower was introducing his TV series..."Crusade in Europe" in 1950,people marveled how he was able to speak for many minutes at a time, looking straight into the TV camera. Afterwords, it was disclosed that he used a new device called a teleprompter. Almost every President since that time has used it. Once in a while... the teleprompters broke down or ran too slow or fast! When President George W.Bush used it... he still made mistakes constantly, and usually mispronounced half the words in his speeches. I know for a fact that some politicians have photographic memories. I took a photograph of Jimmy Carter when he was running for President in 1976, and he shook my hand when I was introduced to him... and 5 weeks later, he picked me out in a crowd, and thanked me for the photograph by name during the height of the campaign, and after shaking thousands of hands. The same goes for Nancy Pelosi. I met her the same year... and a few years ago, she was a guest speaker at a group of gay Democrats in Chicago... and as she walked by me... she too called me by name, after meeting her only once, over 30 years before. As for Sarah... all the crib notes in the world will not help her... she maybe more qualified to run for president than I am... but not by much!

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Feb 8, 2010 9:28:04 AM

12. Oh to be a fly on the wall in Tina Fey's office today.....

Posted by: BKboy | Feb 8, 2010 11:26:27 AM

13. Really Shania, Palin followers can see nothing wrong... yet you still think Obama is the second coming and we're the idiots. Yes McCain was a complete moron and I wouldn't have voted for him if my life depended on it. Obama's approval rating is down tremendously and Democrats are jumping parties, yet you still sit around and attack his competition like you're in 3rd grade. Grow up.

She used notes on her hand bfd i'm sure she isn't the first. And Paul being a "real" news station means at least attempting to be unbiased... look it up.

Posted by: J. Ryan | Feb 8, 2010 12:46:19 PM

14. Who knew she could read???

Posted by: feetfirst | Feb 8, 2010 7:03:15 PM

15. Um. So? Seriously this is a controversy?

Posted by: Fielder | Feb 8, 2010 9:25:26 PM

16. Much ado about nothing! There just isn't anyone else to pick on in the tea party movement. A note card would have been better but 4 words to make sure you don't forget a main point isn't worth all this hoopla. At least she knows what to say without a team of speech writers and 2 teleprompters.

Posted by: Pam | Feb 16, 2010 7:05:23 AM