BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Tim Tebow 'Focus on the Family' Super Bowl Commercial

Tebow2

Here's the Tim Tebow spot produced by anti-gay, anti-choice evangelical group Focus on the Family (with help from CBS). It's not clear if this is the spot that will air during the Super Bowl or is one of the pre-game spots set to air four times before the game.

Tebow As reported, the message is delivered subtly.

Says Pam Tebow in the ad: "I call him my miracle baby. He almost didn't make it into this world. I remember so many times when I almost lost him. It was so hard. Well he's all grown up now, and I still worry about his health. Everybody treats him like he's different, but to me, he's just my baby. He's my Timmy, and I love him."

Adds Tim: "Thanks mom. Love you too."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

BACKGROUND...
Watch: Planned Parenthood's Response to Tebow Super Bowl Ad  [tr]
CBS Helped Script Anti-Abortion 'Focus on the Family' Tebow Ad [tr]
GLAAD Calls on CBS to 'Come Clean' on 'Homophobic Double Standard'  [tr]
GLAAD Calls on CBS to Explain Decision to Air Tim Tebow 'FOTF' Super Bowl Ad [tr]
Women's Groups Urge CBS to Scrap Tebow Focus on the Family Ad [tr]
Tim Tebow Defends Participation in Super Bowl Ad [tr]
Tim Tebow Shoots Super Bowl Ad for Anti-Gay Focus on the Family [tr]

Comments

1. ::hurls everywhere::

Posted by: jesus | Feb 7, 2010 3:12:28 PM

2. What a horrible ad! It doesn't comform with my viewpoint, so it should be banned!

Posted by: AngryCensoriousFeminist | Feb 7, 2010 3:14:12 PM

3. too subtle. what a useless ad and a waste of $2 mil. damn evangelicals are suckers.

Posted by: Jane Roe | Feb 7, 2010 3:16:08 PM

4. Tim Tebow certainly acts and talks like a baby born from a difficult pregnancy. Total retard.

Posted by: AM | Feb 7, 2010 3:18:53 PM

5. So, this comes across as if this guy is gay but his mother loves him. That's how this ad hits me. Am I missing something ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 7, 2010 3:19:47 PM

6. He has Mommy-issues.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Feb 7, 2010 3:22:10 PM

7. "thanks mom." for this statement, he holds press conferences to sanctify his freedom of speech?!

"I can remember so many times when I almost lost him."
    Yeah, running away from you!!!!!!

Posted by: Nick | Feb 7, 2010 3:23:18 PM

8. Hey AM, better watch out or Sarah Palin will be all over that statement. After all, she selectively chooses who can use the word "retard." Emanuel and a homo, bad; pasty white fat ass pig Rush, good.

Posted by: Keith | Feb 7, 2010 3:23:52 PM

9. My little retard makes money, which lets me have my nails french tipped. God bless America.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 7, 2010 3:24:39 PM

10. PatrickNYC: LOL

I can't stand the group that produced it, and disagree strongly with them on pretty much every social issue.

But this commercial, in and of itself, is pretty benign. After all the buildup, this does appear to be a bit of a let-down.

Posted by: The Milkman | Feb 7, 2010 3:34:29 PM

11. I agree. $2 Million on this!? I could have made a better commercial with $200! Jesus Christ Bananas on a Stick, couldn't that money have been put to better use, like funneling it into Haiti or into our struggling public education system?!

Posted by: Robert | Feb 7, 2010 3:38:32 PM

12. 'tis a benign tumor, but a tumor nonetheless. She looks like she's had one too many facelifts... FOF is a hate group, so as benign as this is, they're both implicated in hate. I'm sure some propaganda ads for totalitarian regimes were quite wholesome looking...in fact, many were. Meh, off with their heads.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 7, 2010 3:42:03 PM

13. This ad would be meaningless if, in reality, Pam Tebow had no choice. She did have a choice, one which is constitutionally guaranteed. It is ironic that they want to take that right to choose away from all women.

Posted by: jimmy | Feb 7, 2010 3:44:56 PM

14. Mom looks like Timmy in drag. They talk exactly alike like, "baby talk". The sound the the illiterate grasping for control of the media and the country.

Posted by: ggreen | Feb 7, 2010 4:07:13 PM

15. Yep, pretty benign - lets see what the other ad looks like though. This whole abortion argument IMHO is yet another example of the right wingers twisting words. They say they are pro-life... duh! Basically, everyone is pro-life; and I doubt very few women plot how to become pregnant so they can experience an abortion. Pro-choice people aren't pro-abortion - I dare so that no one is pro-abortion. This whole discussion is being kept alive because there is a cottage industry which has sprung up that makes $$$ by keeping this (and gay marriage btw) as a "controversy". Focus on the Family fans the flames so the donations keep rolling in, they live off hate. (Wasn't there an episode on Supernatural, X-Files or Buffy which showed such creatures.) The republicans keep talking about it cause it rallies their base of lemmings to vote. It's just a diversion tactic to keep people from taking action on what matters, like health care, global warming and energy reform. Gay rights and abortion have become the "bright shiny object" used for distraction. Will people ever wake up? Ugh!

Posted by: Mike | Feb 7, 2010 4:18:41 PM

16. To the best of my research, this isn't the ad which will be airing during the game. This one was supposed to be the one which was more in-depth. CBS thought the one submitted went too far and actually told them to scale it back.

If this is the more dramatic one, I wonder what the one airing during the game will be all about....

Posted by: DR | Feb 7, 2010 4:21:43 PM

17. I'd love to see P-Flag take this script and put other people in the roles. Perhaps CBS would help them produce it to.

The problem with this ad isn't the content. It's the link at the end. And if you follow that, you will see that FOF is slick and disingenuous, talking about how they support families and are interested in a society of strong families, they just fail to be very up front about they only want families to be strong on FOF's terms.

Posted by: Jonathan | Feb 7, 2010 4:31:16 PM

18. It's worse than an anti-choice ad because it's not an upfront delivery of a choose life message. That message is decidedly vague. What is clear is its link to Focus on the Family. Ultimately it's just a glossy ad for a hate group.

Posted by: Ugh | Feb 7, 2010 5:00:10 PM

19. From a pragmatic standpoint, I'm just glad that there goes $2 million that Focus on the Family didn't spend on suppressing us. Would you rather they spend $2 million on airing one anti-abortion Super Bowl ad, or $2 million on anti-gay campaigns?

Posted by: Alex | Feb 7, 2010 5:11:17 PM

20. why not show the mom of a serial killer who's glad she didn't have an abortion?

Posted by: rick | Feb 7, 2010 5:19:05 PM

21. Wow, Alex way to take one for the team. with allies like you who needs enemies?

Posted by: sugarrhill | Feb 7, 2010 5:32:01 PM

22. The ad itself is totally benign. It's the implied legitimization of a group with a history as a promoter of anti-gay hate that is the problem.
    To paraphrase another poster from last week, would CBS have allowed an ad with the message: "Be nice to your parents and keep your room clean...A message from the friendly folks at the Ku Klux Klan."

I do wonder, too, does CBS's change of heart extend to the ad they had previously refused from the United Church of Christ?

Posted by: GregV | Feb 7, 2010 5:47:34 PM

23. Just so I'm clear on this, Mrs. Tebow: because you had a difficult pregnancy in 1987 and CHOSE to carry your baby to term, you are lending your support to an organization that believes other women should not have the same CHOICE that you had ... because your son is a good football player?

Posted by: kenneth | Feb 7, 2010 6:12:32 PM

24. @Alex:

Neither. Dumbass.

Posted by: Eshto | Feb 7, 2010 6:25:52 PM

25. As far as I am concerned, Tim Tebow keeps opening the wrong hole.

Posted by: rich | Feb 7, 2010 6:31:16 PM