BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Tim Tebow 'Focus on the Family' Super Bowl Commercial

Tebow2

Here's the Tim Tebow spot produced by anti-gay, anti-choice evangelical group Focus on the Family (with help from CBS). It's not clear if this is the spot that will air during the Super Bowl or is one of the pre-game spots set to air four times before the game.

Tebow As reported, the message is delivered subtly.

Says Pam Tebow in the ad: "I call him my miracle baby. He almost didn't make it into this world. I remember so many times when I almost lost him. It was so hard. Well he's all grown up now, and I still worry about his health. Everybody treats him like he's different, but to me, he's just my baby. He's my Timmy, and I love him."

Adds Tim: "Thanks mom. Love you too."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

BACKGROUND...
Watch: Planned Parenthood's Response to Tebow Super Bowl Ad  [tr]
CBS Helped Script Anti-Abortion 'Focus on the Family' Tebow Ad [tr]
GLAAD Calls on CBS to 'Come Clean' on 'Homophobic Double Standard'  [tr]
GLAAD Calls on CBS to Explain Decision to Air Tim Tebow 'FOTF' Super Bowl Ad [tr]
Women's Groups Urge CBS to Scrap Tebow Focus on the Family Ad [tr]
Tim Tebow Defends Participation in Super Bowl Ad [tr]
Tim Tebow Shoots Super Bowl Ad for Anti-Gay Focus on the Family [tr]

Comments

1. Unintentionally hilarious. You'd have thunk FotF would have focus-grouped the ad... because it looks more like a 'coming out' ad than one with an extreme-right-wing, anti-civil-rights, anti-choice, anti-woman agenda. Someone needs to spoof that.

Posted by: Ryan | Feb 8, 2010 3:20:29 AM

2. Have to agree with the milkman--despite who sponsored this ad, there is nothing offensive about it. That may be due to a CBS-rewrite, however.

Posted by: rayy | Feb 8, 2010 8:04:22 AM

3. Such hate many of you spew because someone dares to disagree with you! The Tebows will not respond to you in kind because the power of the Spirit of God is much stronger than hate. If you want to be free from it cry out to the only God - the One that created you.

Posted by: john | Feb 8, 2010 9:42:16 AM

4. I agree, it's very odd... it does come across as though her son is gay! She says she he's "different"... and she loves him.
    Without knowing the provenance of the ad, I might conclude that he's gay. While I despise Focus on the Family (a wholely fraudulent organization)... I have no problem with this ad whatsoever. So what if this dope and his mother want to be in an ad that directs people to Focus on the Family.... it only makes them look all the more ridiculous!

Posted by: Dancobbb | Feb 8, 2010 10:23:20 AM

5. Amazing at how much hatred there is in this world. This is a beautiful commercial and I pity those who can't see the beauty of it.

Posted by: Richard Fandel | Feb 8, 2010 10:50:52 AM

6. Tank, I will not compare the FotF to the systematic government-sanctioned genocide of 12 million people by the Nazis. That's ignorant, intolerant hyperbole, and insulting to the Holocaust survivors I know.

Posted by: DR | Feb 8, 2010 11:14:38 AM

7. Perhaps I don't understand, but are we not empowering the folks who want to kill the GLBTQ community when we connect online to view their news, blogs, etc.? I refuse to read web news published by FOX et al.

Posted by: kouros | Feb 8, 2010 11:22:21 PM

8. no matter what you think of someone calling them a retard seems very 5th grade to me.

Posted by: mike | Feb 8, 2010 11:44:27 PM