Gay Adoption | Mexico | News | Paquita La Del Barrio

BigGayDeal.com

Mexican Singer Paquita La Del Barrio: I'd Rather a Child Die Than Be Adopted By a Gay Couple

Paquita

Popular Mexican singer Paquita La Del Barrio, usually known for taking strong positions against sexist male culture, is making headlines in her country following an interview in which she said that she would rather see a child die of hunger in the street than be adopted by a gay couple.

The singer added that if she had a son she would never be at peace if he was with a gay couple — a child needs to be with someone who deserves him.

Watch it (with translation from Andres Duques at Blabbeando), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This just makes me think that in most countries around the world, Gay people are demonized from the very beginning. So it only makes sense that people say things like this, because they only know what's been slammed down their throats.

Along with outrage and fighting the good fight must be the continued education of the ignorant.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Mar 15, 2010 5:54:46 PM

2. Why would a drag queen take such a hard stance on gay issues?

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 15, 2010 5:56:14 PM

3. And here's the crux of the matter. Gays shouldn't be parents because they're 'icky'. Not because they make bad parents (in fact, having to actually work to have a child probably qualifies you to be a better parent than any straight couple with spare sperm and eggs getting drunk and acting stupid), but because we're 'grody to the max.'

@Gregoire: lol...she's bitter because she don't get no tips!

Posted by: John in Houston | Mar 15, 2010 6:00:59 PM

4. I'm concerned that "Anchor 1" found that to be a respectable opinion and that all opinions are valid. Though I'm not sure what to think of anyone who is on a show that the transcript at any point reads "Clown [off-camera]"

Although, I wasn't aware that "raised by a gay couple" was a horrible lifestyle condemned by the book of racist/homophobic/misogynistic goat herders of yesteryear. Or does she assume that a child raised by gays is going to come down with a serious case of gay? Just like every child raised by a heterosexual couple turns out straight.

Posted by: JT | Mar 15, 2010 6:06:14 PM

5. Great for the lady in white dress defending gays. Like she said, there are some "opinions" that are not valid.

Meanwhile, the other 2 bimbos (because that is what they are) keep defending her "opinion". Would those people be defending her if she said Blacks belong in slavery? Would they say “it’s her opinion”?

HOGWASH

Opinions that bring down society and make other human beings less than others, should be eradicated. Big time.

It’s 2010 … homophobia is so last century!

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 15, 2010 6:21:16 PM

6. Someone needs to drown this wetback

Posted by: richard | Mar 15, 2010 6:26:15 PM

7. Her comments are unfortunate and worthless, for they don't contribute anything to the National dialog, the death of kids are not an option. I wonder whether she is against abortion and how she could possibly reconcile that position with her statement on gay parenting.

In Latin America these kind of statements are particularly dangerous because the public tends to be more passive towards their National discourse, and less likely to become more informed about those things they are ignorant of.

Posted by: Rafael | Mar 15, 2010 6:30:11 PM

8. Madame - I think you are seriously in need of one or all of the following: Counselling, Medication and/or lack of, a Serious Wake Up call!

I know more than one Gay Couple who are and who have raised VEry Well Rounded, Loving, SANE, Healthy, Happy and Educated children.

How Dare you suggest that a child would be better off dead! That is Evil, Vile and beyond Disgusting.

Why don't you focus your 'energy' on those who would harm a child not those who Love their children!

I had 1 mother and god knows how many "fathers" .. they were all straight .. they all liked to fuck little girls - from 8 months old up to about 12 .. then I got too g.d. old for them. Why don't you go after them and leave the Healthy Loving People alone??!!!

I am Dead Serious - I would Much Rather have been brought up in a LOVING home than one where I was looking down the barrel of a g.d. gun because my daddy of the day wanted his cock sucked! btw - I am still a straight female - "they" didn't 'change' me .. and IMO with my background IF gay was a choice - I Would have Chosen it long ago.

People like you make me sick.

I mean NO Respect. If you've perceived any =- you're wrong again.

Disgusted. Now I have to go throw up.

Posted by: Linda A | Mar 15, 2010 6:35:16 PM

9. I thought Divine passed away many years ago. Dumb hooker.

Posted by: cb | Mar 15, 2010 6:35:20 PM

10. Richard, your racist comments don't help. It puts you at the same level as this woman.

Posted by: Gordon | Mar 15, 2010 6:35:30 PM

11. Why does she remind me of Mo'nique?

...and I'm not surprised. As a very predominantly misogynist culture steeped in religious rhetoric, who isn't surprised?

Posted by: CJ | Mar 15, 2010 6:40:27 PM

12. Yes, the less gay couples without children are more for her to eat.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Mar 15, 2010 6:40:36 PM

13. Puerquita de La Ghetto SHOULD really watch her boca loca because there are a LOT of gays with some pretty nasty mouths that can show this bitch's career to the nearest exit. I love how the girl in the center (Anchor 2) calls her "a bit chapparra" and says "Don't defend her!" Hahaha! So basically, this is like The View for escandalos! Love it.

May some rank personal tragedy cure Puerquita's ignorance. How sad ;(

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Mar 15, 2010 6:42:43 PM

14. Well let her die!!!
    If that is her choice, let her go ahead!!!
    Hopefully she comes back in her next life as a parentless child. Or better as a pig, or a worm...

Fortunately there is proof of good gay parents as well as proof a bad straight parents...

The problem is that extreme opinions always find a platform.

Posted by: Martin FLL | Mar 15, 2010 6:43:31 PM

15. I was arguing about this with my dad the other day. She and my dad have that typical old school mexican mentality. I'm hispanic,20yrs, too , however I represent the future, open minded Hispanic. Paquita represents the past and her beliefs are outdated . She's just ignorant like my dad is too.

Posted by: Erick | Mar 15, 2010 6:49:46 PM

16. This bigot must know that every kid who will be raised by loving gay couples will grow up to be a better person than her, look better than her, and will know how to use the right make up.

Posted by: paquitalamujerdebanio | Mar 15, 2010 6:58:11 PM

17. I love the way Anchor 2 (in white) is saying, essentially, that all opinions are NOT valid...some are complete bullshit and reasonable people can see that and disavow those opinions. Good for her.

Posted by: Jimmy | Mar 15, 2010 6:58:37 PM

18. Considering the number of children living in poverty in mexico. maybe this will be the well-deserved end of her career. Anyone with that many chins makes way too much money anyway.

Paquita de la Barrio... Doesn't that translate to "Little Fudge-Packed in the Neighborhood?"

Wow! She'd be right at home with the republi-cunts we have in the US.

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Mar 15, 2010 6:59:50 PM

19. I'm rooting for Juan Gabriel to come out and put this bitch in her place.

Posted by: ♂ | Mar 15, 2010 7:02:27 PM

20. Why does anyone really care what this hypocrite thinks or says? I would think that with the # of ppl trying to leave her country that it would be preferential to be adopted by a gay couple but she thinks starvation would be a better fate for them. I don't think she has missed a meal in quite some time from the looks of it. Stupid PR really.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | Mar 15, 2010 7:05:50 PM

21. Hilariously enough (or rather sadly) my bf and I just saw the wonderful drag version of Paquita bring the house down in Mexico City at club 33. She better watch her legacy!

Posted by: Marke B. | Mar 15, 2010 7:07:27 PM

22. Just another ugly whore with a dark evil soul. Shut up bitch and crawl back under your rock.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 15, 2010 7:09:53 PM

23. if she has any kind of gay following at all her career is probably due for a downward spiral.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 15, 2010 7:11:38 PM

24. Queue my favorite Mexican proverb courtesy of the Howard Stern Show:

"One day, there will be more Mexicans than humans."

Sorry, this lady made me say it.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 15, 2010 7:29:46 PM

25. It's strange when an artist of this insanely gay calibur throws out this mierda. Now who will dress her?

Posted by: nopalito | Mar 15, 2010 7:42:26 PM