Gay Adoption | Mexico | News | Paquita La Del Barrio

Mexican Singer Paquita La Del Barrio: I'd Rather a Child Die Than Be Adopted By a Gay Couple

Paquita

Popular Mexican singer Paquita La Del Barrio, usually known for taking strong positions against sexist male culture, is making headlines in her country following an interview in which she said that she would rather see a child die of hunger in the street than be adopted by a gay couple.

The singer added that if she had a son she would never be at peace if he was with a gay couple — a child needs to be with someone who deserves him.

Watch it (with translation from Andres Duques at Blabbeando), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Que puta grande!

Posted by: Dennis | Mar 16, 2010 12:48:37 AM

2. @shannon,

you say "MY country," what country do you own, you stupid bigot? if she were to move to YOUR country, she woudn't need YOUR food stamps. she is a big star. you have shown yourself to be more ignorant than she, you racist bitch. go troll somewhere else, and take DREW with you.

Posted by: nic | Mar 16, 2010 4:31:03 AM

3. That's a woman?!

Posted by: Pitt | Mar 16, 2010 4:45:24 AM

4. Funme you are an asshole. First why bring in slavery in the mix when it's completely irrelevant. Second Mexicans don't think to highly of blacks either kinda like you.

Posted by: Cajiva | Mar 16, 2010 5:08:49 AM

5. if only her brain were bigger than her clitoris...

Posted by: ariel | Mar 16, 2010 7:43:47 AM

6. This ugly pig should go back to wrestling in guacamole with Maggie Gallagher.

Posted by: Pete | Mar 16, 2010 7:43:56 AM

7. Like we need to adopt from a grossly overweight's gene pool...her children would be fat and ugly like her. Like all of the other comments before homophobia is sooooo last season. Not for nothing, but she has a face for radio.

Posted by: Jeff Dunivant | Mar 16, 2010 8:19:15 AM

8. Oh, Nopalito, there will always be back-stabbing c*nts in our community. Especially if they are Catholic.

Posted by: Shane | Mar 16, 2010 9:04:05 AM

9. As a gay parent I wonder...why do we care what this ignorant lady has to say?

We adopted our son when he was 11 years old....he is about to turn 14...in his own words what he has been through "Dad...we have to adopt more kids my age...you guys saved me...now we have to do it for other kids, no one wants us when we get older...but you guys did and saved me!"

I give far more credibility to what our son has to say about his experience than about what some ignorant performer has to say while revealing the depths of her bigotry.

Posted by: Arturo Beeche | Mar 16, 2010 10:18:25 AM

10. "No hay mujer mas beata que una puta arrepentida."--Luis Spota

There's nothing more sanctimonious than a repentant whore.

If you know anything about this woman's past and the kind of songs she sings she has no business throwing stones at ANYONE

Posted by: Mark | Mar 16, 2010 10:25:11 AM

11. What's the Spanish term for karma? I think it's "su cara."

Posted by: DeeVee | Mar 16, 2010 11:12:38 AM

12. Vieja ignorante, ahora entiendo porque te engano y te dejo tu marido. Como se te occure pensar que es mejor que un nino se muera de hambre que dos persona del mismo sexo le adobten. La unica persona que morira sola sera tu. Sola como un animal.

Posted by: Israel | Mar 16, 2010 11:23:33 AM

13. I invite this dumb cow to come to San Antonio, Texas, where I live. We have a very high rate of children being abused and murdered by their heterosexual parents. She would proud!

Posted by: Sid | Mar 16, 2010 12:44:27 PM

14. Sounds like her career is in the crapper and that she is looking for "press" to keep her fading star in orbit. Look at her! her fan base is obviously dying off (Age gracefully and fade away you sorry excuse for a mother) No one in 2010 wants to listen to your hateful venom. She obviously hasn't "had any" in a while and she is just bitter that we have.

Posted by: Darrell | Mar 16, 2010 12:47:00 PM

15. I just emailed this through her website: Me gustaría ver a mi hijo a los ojos y decirle que prefiero verlo muerto que vivo con mi esposo y yo.

Tell her what you think!!!!

Posted by: david | Mar 16, 2010 12:53:49 PM

16. she looks like a man in drag. so ironic.

Posted by: Michel | Mar 16, 2010 1:28:11 PM

17. I'm so glad Mexico is addressing this really pressing issue....they have nothing else to deal w/....

Posted by: DCStudent | Mar 16, 2010 1:48:11 PM

18. First of all, Richard, go fuck yourself. "Wetback"? Such charming racism! Second of all, we can thank Carlos Slim Helu, the richest man in the world, for providing a forum for Paquita. El Sr. Slim is a member of Opus Dei and a staunch supporter of the Catholic Church.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 16, 2010 2:07:28 PM

19. Not to worry, I don't think this fat OLD bag will be having a child any time soon!

Posted by: Jack Meehoff | Mar 16, 2010 3:11:28 PM

20. Everyone is making her out to be a homophobe but I think it is interesting how no one mentioned that she loves the gays....she just has separate views. I am a gay man that came from two old school mexican parents, I would love my parents to at least be accepting of my lifestyle like her.

Posted by: Victor | Mar 16, 2010 3:12:35 PM

21. OMG they found Divine!!!!!

Why do you people gotta be so racist?

Posted by: LC | Mar 16, 2010 3:19:32 PM

22. I've always thought she was really Don Francisco in drag.

Posted by: que horror | Mar 16, 2010 4:01:48 PM

23. Someone shoot this SPIC! Now if she came to MY country and she could get her welfare she would say we are RACIST!

Posted by: shannon | Mar 15, 2010 11:48:45 PM

Really Shannon? Are you really that dense, you don't see the irony of leaving that hateful, ignorant post in response to a hateful ignorant comment someone made?

Posted by: Lila | Mar 16, 2010 4:29:26 PM

24. @Shannon really? shoot a spic, it's sad to see when one minority group lashes out like this in another. Before you start making a fool of yourself, do some homework, I do not think she'll be needing any welfare anytime soon. An idiot and hypocrite, yes she is. Poor no she isn't and I would assume she probably makes a lot more than you ever will. This is my problem with some of the gay white folk. You want our support for being gay but once someone from another country says something that you don't agree on you go and attack the community as a whole and not the individual who said it, sad that even within gay culture, their is still a lot of ignorance that is somehow tolerated. I wish you the best and hope that in your town or city, you are not what represents gaylife styles and ways of thinking.

Posted by: JoeShmoe | Mar 16, 2010 4:38:02 PM

25. I'm Mexican and was getting ready to denounce her opinions, but reading reading some of the racist comments in here (Richard and Drew) makes me angry. How is racism any better than homophobia? Some of you are just as bad as her. There's homophobia everywhere, it's not exclusive to Mexicans.

Posted by: EH | Mar 16, 2010 5:44:12 PM