Music Video | New York | News | Taylor Swift

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Gay Remake of Taylor Swift's 'You Belong with Me' Video

Ybtm

Here's a cute remake of Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me" video made by students at the University of Rochester in New York.

Watch both versions, AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the original:

Comments

1. You really should include the original, which is the a capella group doing it.

Posted by: RussinDC | Mar 9, 2010 2:23:03 PM

2. This is just so great, y'all should stop nitpicking. This could not be any more gay friendly, with or without a kiss.

Posted by: Sam | Mar 9, 2010 2:31:29 PM

3. LOVE IT LOVE LOVE IT LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Posted by: JIM | Mar 9, 2010 2:32:44 PM

4. I prefer the video this way- with the other woman actually being a woman. It's much more relatable to my high school fantasies (twenty some years ago, ahem) and, thus, much more enjoyable. Unfortunately- as much as I like it- I still like "Teeth" better. :)

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 9, 2010 2:34:23 PM

5. I applaud the a capella group for doing it, of course - thank you! - but their version is hard to understand and is marred by shouts and whistles. IMHO

Posted by: Charles | Mar 9, 2010 2:35:53 PM

6. The guy who plays the bball player in the video really does play for U or R.

Posted by: Phil N | Mar 9, 2010 2:36:30 PM

7. @Charles: Well, it is a live concert....

Posted by: pistolpetey | Mar 9, 2010 2:48:51 PM

8. My, how the world has changed...

Posted by: BobN | Mar 9, 2010 3:45:29 PM

9. Are they gay?

Posted by: Bill | Mar 9, 2010 4:46:01 PM

10. That was sweet... a final kiss or at least a shot of them dancing together would have been a nicer finish...still the gay teen in me loved it.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 9, 2010 6:37:47 PM

11. Hey everybody! This is actually made by the University of Rochester YellowJackets. I know this because I am actually the "Taylor Swift" character. It would be really considerate if the person who synced the video with the actual song credited the YellowJackets in the title. Thank you and feel free to Facebook us!

Posted by: Mike | Mar 9, 2010 11:58:19 PM

12. What's the username on Facebook, Mike? Good video by the way ...

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 10, 2010 12:16:15 AM

13. What!! No kiss?? Such a shame that they didn't have the balls to go all the way.

Posted by: Nando | Mar 10, 2010 3:11:20 AM

14. That just made my morning. Good find Andy!

Posted by: David in TO | Mar 10, 2010 9:35:59 AM

15. Funny that a few comments suggested this was some sort of Gay fantasy video. Ha! Could have been right out of my college days way way back in 1983 in Austin , me the frat boy and my first boyfriend that played baseball. Neither of us could get rid of our fake dates fast enough once we met. Loved it!

Posted by: chris | Mar 10, 2010 11:44:26 AM

16. What a sweet, tender and loving version of people coming to terms with their own nature while embracing the power of love...good for them!

Posted by: Arturo Beeche | Mar 10, 2010 11:58:26 AM

17. Wow, the "jock" is remarkably attractive. Nice video, though it smacks a little of gay fantasy. Many of us have lived this video without the happy ending, so it sort of begs the question -- why? Maybe if our hottie had a boyfriend and not a girlfriend, as others have commented, it may be more useful. Lastly, no girl would never cheat on our hunk with THAT guy!

Posted by: Joe H | Mar 11, 2010 12:00:12 AM

18. Bummed about that there was no kiss at the end.
    The 'nerd'(no offensive, he's really cute) is michael pittman, he is gay in real life. the jock, matt francis, is straight, and star baseball player in really life. so I guess one of them was not comfortable enough to do a kiss. but cute video!

This is so cute. I don't get all the 'this is anti-gay' messages. I think this portrays same sex crush/love in a positive way.

Posted by: Loah | Mar 13, 2010 11:06:51 AM

19. hey pretty cool ..specially since im bout 2 go on my 1st. date wit another dude..hope it ends as well as this lol!

Posted by: rich | Apr 13, 2010 10:14:25 AM

20. Matt Francis (the jock) is straight. I'm not sure if Michael Pittman (the guy with the glasses) is gay or straight. Both of them are part of a singing group called L3VEL (Level 3). Look for L3VEL on YouTube and on Facebook.

Posted by: GJean | Feb 19, 2013 2:20:04 AM