Bill Condon | Film | News

Bill Condon to Direct Final Two Installments of 'Twilight' Saga?

Twilight

Dreamgirls director Bill Condon is negotiating to direct the final two installments of the Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn, Deadline NY reports:

Condon  "Summit Entertainment hasn’t signed him, but I’m told that after several strong meetings, they are negotiating. Condon was among a list of A-list directors approved by Summit and Twilight author Stephenie Meyer. That list included Gus Van Sant, Sofia Coppola and Fernando Meirelles. Shooting will begin in the fall, and I heard the plan is to shoot two films back to back. That was just what my colleague Nikki Finke reported. She also wrote that Summit was looking for a big director and Dreamgirls and Gods and Monsters director Condon certainly fits that bill. Presumably, Condon would do this as his next project, and push back the picture he had planned to direct."

Comments

1. Full frontal in 3...2...1...

Posted by: Pogo Bock | Apr 7, 2010 2:21:40 PM

2. Well, this is exciting news. I hope there's a fabulous song and dance number when the vampire baby chews its way out of Bella's stomach.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 7, 2010 2:50:36 PM

3. Once again I'm left in the dust of popular culture. OK, so they're shirtless, but I don't get the fascination with Twilight.

Posted by: Butch | Apr 7, 2010 2:51:19 PM

4. And Twilight will STILL suck...
    Zzzz wake me up when it's all over.

Posted by: SeaMonster | Apr 7, 2010 3:18:45 PM

5. when will this twilight madness end???

Posted by: KFLO | Apr 7, 2010 3:38:34 PM

6. That's cause you're not a teenage girl obsessed with gay men, Butch.

Bill Condon's a good choice to breath some life into this corpse. He wrote "Strange Behvaior" (which includes the most gorgeous butt shot I've ever seen) and directed the second "Candyman" film.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 7, 2010 3:42:34 PM

7. I hate to be a contrary Mary, but this guy can't direct the last two installments. Eclipse is already filmed...

Posted by: Lessthan | Apr 7, 2010 4:58:10 PM

8. The babe-a-licious Dan Shor owning the butt in question

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 7, 2010 4:59:14 PM

9. And I'm obviously unable to read. He is going to direct "Breaking Dawn" which will be two movies. Oops. Though, why would anyone want to film BD? That book was a trainwreck. It was a total squick.

Posted by: Lessthan | Apr 7, 2010 5:01:56 PM

10. I wonder if the author has ever seen Showgirls? It's not a mormon-friendly movie in any way and seems at odds with her sexually repressed stories.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 8, 2010 12:41:21 AM

11. I don't get the hype behind this. It's poorly written garbage, and the movies are unwatchable...and the author is a hardcore mormon...you'd think the gays would have better sense. Ah, gay culture has become the repository of all the world's bad taste...oh wait, has become? LOL!

Posted by: TANK | Apr 8, 2010 12:48:10 AM