Couples | Melissa Etheridge | News

Melissa and Tammy Etheridge Split

Melissa and Tammy Etheridge are separating, People reports:

Etheridge"The former couple add in a statement: 'We ask for consideration and respect for our family as we go through this difficult period.' Melissa, 48, and Tammy (formerly Tammy Lynn Michaels) exchanged vows in Malibu in September 2003. Tammy, 35, gave birth to their children – son Miller and daughter Johnnie Rose – in 2006, after Etheridge was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004. Etheridge is also the mother of two children, Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, with former partner Julie Cypher.

Comments

1. Where is your soul mate? How to find him/her?you can free to find the answer there.
    __A f f l u e n t s i n g l e . c o m __

Posted by: aaa | Apr 15, 2010 10:12:42 AM

2. Awwww :(

Well, I wish them both the best for the future

Posted by: ravewulf | Apr 15, 2010 12:12:05 PM

3. I suppose Etheridge's track record isn't worse than many a straight celebrity?

I mean, I was reading the gossip column at SFGate yesterday and I noted that the column just happened to have items on two ex-husbands of Reese Witherspoon - Ryan Phillippe and Jake Gyllenhaal - and I thought, I seem to share Reese's taste in movie stars. Now that she's done with them I don't suppose -- ? Mm. Just dreamin'.

Posted by: Glenn I | Apr 15, 2010 12:48:18 PM

4. Reese never married Jake...

Posted by: Jerry | Apr 15, 2010 1:22:07 PM

5. Maybe this is why they didn't get legally married in CA when they could. This could also explain why they were so outspoken about marriage.

Posted by: DairyQueen | Apr 15, 2010 1:31:01 PM

6. Oh tragedy...

Posted by: TANK | Apr 15, 2010 2:45:42 PM

7. "Maybe this is why they didn't get legally married in CA when they could. This could also explain why they were so outspoken about marriage."

DQ, what were their views on gay marriage?

Posted by: DireFates | Apr 15, 2010 5:30:28 PM

8. Great. Four more children being "raised" by self-absorbed adults who need constant gratification and who don't understand that in marriage, there are not only bad days but bad *years*.

Part of the joy of marriage lies in the bond forged by getting through the rough patches.

Posted by: Randy Novak | Apr 15, 2010 8:42:17 PM

9. I'm with Randy.

Jeez, Melissa. I am, or was a big fan of the music. But now 4 kids with broken homes?
    Next time, stay away from the turkey baster.

Posted by: TK96 | Apr 16, 2010 1:21:58 AM

10. Doesn't surprise me.

Remember all the harm Melissa caused to the Prop8 cause? She kept yapping her mouth without real thought about she was saying. Truly hurting our cause.

I wish her well with her illness, but I just hope she justt keeps quiet if she is saying things that put the gay marriage cause backwards instead of FORWARD.

Posted by: FunMe | Apr 16, 2010 2:18:53 AM

11. Melissa’s is a great artist! For those who enjoy her music, I found out that she is having a private show on April 29th in NYC, all you have to do is enter for a chance to win...

Check it out! http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common/contests/melissaetheridge2010

Posted by: Julie B. | Apr 16, 2010 4:03:44 PM