Advertising | Golf | News | Tiger Woods

Watch: Tiger Woods New Nike Commercial

Tiger

Tiger gets a scolding from his late father, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I guess in his mind being paid for his remorse is a victory of sorts. Cash is not just the main thing--it's the only thing.

Posted by: anon | Apr 8, 2010 10:24:15 AM

2. @nic

"but should we turn a blind eye to the obvious? o.j. simpson butchered two people, but his exoneration was cheered on by the black community, irrespective of the fact that he was trying to be everything BUT black. tiger woods marries the whitest of the white and cheats on her with nothing but white-trash sluts. what, psychologically, does that say about him and HIS ethnicity? to my mind, it demonstrates a pathological ethos against anglos that was passed on by his put-upon father. the apple never falls far from the tree."

it seems like you are the one that is hung up on race. how dare these black men think they're good enough for white women! is that what you're insinuating? black men are at the bottom of the totem pole; in society, the media, both the straight and gay community, in the workforce, education, etc - white women are at the top. maybe cheating with white women was an increase to his self-esteem. like, wow, look at me; i really came up! i can sleep with all of these white women, or maybe no black woman wanted to reduce herself to a notch in the nightstand. who fucking knows? i'm not his psychologist, and i don't feel like giving an armchair analysis; if you really care, then go read some of the articles written about tiger's "precarious" attraction. in sum, the point is that you're letting the opinions of the few vocal black people you observe (what, like 5?) become the universal opinion of all black people. that's bullshit, and you know it is.

Posted by: Mellotron | Apr 8, 2010 11:29:26 AM

3. forgot to address this covert racism:

@nic

"irrespective of the fact that he was trying to be everything BUT black"

excuse me? what does it mean to be black? seeing as how you're not black, i'm curious as to what you think being black entails (besides sticking with your own kind! no interracial relationships allowed).

Posted by: Mellotron | Apr 8, 2010 11:33:42 AM

4. @Mellotron

With the OJ Simpson portion of the comment, I do see where Nic was coming from (I hear THAT a lot from black folks) but, yeah, I'm still black even though I know more than a few black people would disagree with that.

And, of course, I self-identify as a black American (though not as an African American but that's a long story)...

So like you, I am eagerly awaiting Nic's discourse on what it means to be "black." LMAO

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Apr 8, 2010 11:45:29 AM

5. @ Mellotron and Chitown Kev

I'm not black, but while you wait on Nic, I'll take a stab at it:

Being black means being whoever the fuck you want to be--thinking what you think, liking what you like, doing what you want to do, being where you want to be, knowing whomever you want to know, loving whomever you love--acting on your sense of self. Pretty much like every single person on the planet.

Fuck anyone who says any of us should be anything other than what we ourselves determine to be.

Posted by: let up | Apr 8, 2010 12:29:13 PM

6. @Let Up

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Of course SOME white people and SOME black people (no shame in airing a little dirty laundry here) would not agree with that.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Apr 8, 2010 12:43:03 PM

7. Fuck em.

Posted by: let up | Apr 8, 2010 12:51:50 PM

8. Tiger: Just Do Her!

Posted by: YOGACHICK | Apr 8, 2010 7:56:17 PM

9. i'm just stating the obvious. tiger woods was fucking skanky, white puss-puss even while he was newly married. he disrespected his wife and his family. one need not be a psychiatrist to recognize psychopathology. we agree that dahmer was nutzo, right? my point is simply that, by running away from his ethnicity, tiger was screwing every white poontang he could. something in his psyche made him want to fuck white cunt, only. inside, he is a pathetic little blasian boy seeking self-assertion. wtf did his dad do to him?

as to the racist accusations against me, i do not limit my lust to any specific ethnicity. i am equal opportunity. however, if any person who watched the reaction to the "o.j." verdict, the blacks reacted with glee, while the whites were stunned. i agree that i lumped the two together. but, tiger, the serial, cheater horn-dog, got a hero's welcome at Augusta. i still maintain that if he were gay, he would be branded and shunned as a pervert. tiger, tiger, burning (not so) bright, in the forest of the benighted.

Posted by: nic | Apr 9, 2010 2:04:22 PM