Bryan Fischer | News

BigGayDeal.com

American Family Association's Bryan Fischer: Hitler and His Nazi Henchmen Were Gay

Fischer

Right Wing Watch reports that American Family Association's Bryan Fischer said on his radio show this week that Hitler surrounded himself with gays (not the effeminate kind, which he persecuted) because they were savage and brutal enough to carry out the genocide.

Said Fischer: "So Hitler himself was an active homosexual. And some people wonder, didn't the Germans, didn't the Nazis, persecute homosexuals? And it is true they did; they persecuted effeminate homosexuals. But Hitler recruited around him homosexuals to make up his Stormtroopers, they were his enforcers, they were his thugs. And Hitler discovered that he could not get straight soldiers to be savage and brutal and vicious enough to carry out his orders, but that homosexual solders basically had no limits and the savagery and brutality they were willing to inflict on whomever Hitler sent them after. So he surrounded himself, virtually all of the Stormtroopers, the Brownshirts, were male homosexuals."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Man, This is the worst part of this Tea Party revolution. There are a growing number of people who JUST DONT NEED OR CARE ABOUT FACTS.

The education in this country needs to be priority 1. Who cares if our country is well protected or financially sound if everyone in it is this dumb?

And a big fuck you to this ass that he thinks that I am cold enough to carry out genocide, SIR, I am a softee, I would never kill all of you, but I will gladly send you off into space.

Posted by: Fenrox | May 26, 2010 12:12:54 PM

2. Hitler didn't actually recruit gays. They were there, kind of the same way the traiterous Log Cabin people inhabit the Thug party, and the way Foley, the toe tapper, and various other sordid closet cases with twisted psyches populate the reich wing ranks.

Posted by: candideinnc | May 26, 2010 12:17:20 PM

3. Jon Stewart must be thinking, "our shows just keep writing themselves".

Posted by: RJ | May 26, 2010 12:28:08 PM

4. That's right, don't fuck with us gays, or we'll burn you in an oven.

Posted by: Ryan | May 26, 2010 12:30:16 PM

5. Are we vicious ruthless wariors, or are we to week to serve in the military?

Shouldn't the bigots choose one and stick with it?

Posted by: Tim | May 26, 2010 12:32:49 PM

6. Anti-semitic people deny the holocaust, looks like anti-gay ones have decided that the entire thing was the fault of a lot of frustrated cabaret artistes and Munich hairdressers.

God help us if we have to now put up with the same manipulation and lies that Jews have faced for the last twenty years from certain "historians"

Posted by: arch | May 26, 2010 12:37:32 PM

7. Hmmm. If you play with his words and replace "Hitler" with "American Family Association". Then you pretty much describe his organization and its actions. Whats ironic is that their own organizations seem to be full of these closeted "Brownshirt" homosexuals. Look in a mirror buddy. You are describing yourself!

Posted by: Nick Name | May 26, 2010 12:44:34 PM

8. Right wing Christians will say anything, do anything, make anything up, to get their way. Lies and deceit are perfectly fine if it gets you what you want. This is the perfect example of why they are so dangerous and must be stopped...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | May 26, 2010 1:02:22 PM

9. These conservative talk radio types are all competing for listeners and thus have to out-do each other with wilder and wilder statements. There are many people, including Europeans (particularly the English) that want to rewrite history and make Hitler gay so as to put the blame for WWII and the holocaust on an "other", so that it therefore becomes impossible for "normal" people to commit the same crimes. This capacity for ruthless violence scares them and they'd rather like to think it can't happen through them. There are whole books (British crank historians usually) meme-ing the whole Hitler is Gay thing. They also conflate research into the modern skinhead movement with Nazi history. Skinheads have been studied and are often homosexually aroused more so than non-skinhead males, even if they identify as straight. They show a lack of self-awareness into their own sexuality and have anti-social behavior patterns that isolates them and sexually frustrates them.

Posted by: anon | May 26, 2010 1:02:41 PM

10. So, Brian, upon what do you base this "theory", um, I'm sorry--these "facts"? Typical of your kind, you provide no evidence and no proof. All you can do is make wild, unsubstantiated, anecdotal allegations with nothing to back them up. I would say that the Nazi era has been one of the most investigated, researched, documented and written-about events in history. I have yet to read or hear of anything that even provides 1/100000% of veracity to your wing-nut fantasies. I get the feeling that you are realizing that you and your ilk are on the losing side of history where your pathological homophobia is concerned. Get over it, Miss Fischer.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 26, 2010 1:26:15 PM

11. Let me guess, next he's going to provide well crafted illustrations from a well known Nazi documentarian known only as 'Tom of Finland' to prove this whole thing, right?

The only upside is that this is REALLY going to piss off the Neo-Nazi community, and those are some folks you don't want to make mad.

Posted by: James | May 26, 2010 1:28:33 PM

12. Okay, I laughed out loud. I wonder if Eva Braun knew Hitler was gay? Bet she's pissed off about dying in that bunker with him when she wasn't getting any love.

All kidding aside, Mr. Fischer lives in an alternate universe called The Land Where Nothing I Say Is True. Of course, that doesn't stop a disgusting pervert like Mr. Fischer from saying these ridiculous lies. If I said every member of the American Family Association was a pedophile and everyone who speak for them tortures children, do you think they'd be up in arms, fighting back? (Well according to Mr. Fischer, they'd be afraid to fight me, I'm gay and a brutal savage don't you know...)

The good news is, no one other than the haters who are simply looking for justification believe any of this idiotic nonsense. And maybe a few of those haters will now scared of us because as you heard, we're all brutual, unforgiving savages who will hurt whomever we need to. And we'll do it fabulously!

Posted by: Bart | May 26, 2010 1:30:27 PM

13. People like this make me want to be savage and brutal. As long as it won't mess up my hair or outfit.

Posted by: mooney | May 26, 2010 1:37:11 PM

14. I am shocked - shocked that these folks who declared war on American culture have had to create an enemy through "demonization propaganda." Hitler & Co. pulled the same trick on a sleep-walking constituency to advance their goose-stepping cause. But Fischer didn't originate his perverse claims. WWII propaganda out of Britain created them to elicit revulsion against the Third Reich. That regime proved pernicious enough in its own right to elicit that without any embellishment. Fischer may believe he's lifting a page out of Churchill's playbook, but what he's doing is "channeling" Goebbels!

Posted by: Wayne Bloodworth | May 26, 2010 1:55:27 PM

15. Arch,
    You're expecting too much of people like him to have a nuanced understanding of the historical complexities that lead up to WWII.

Even knowing what the word nuance means would be suspect, kinda gay.
    It does come from French after all.

Posted by: Urmensch | May 26, 2010 1:57:24 PM

16. Be afraid, be very afraid, I have a brick in my purse, and ahankerin to bitch-slap me some christian cunts that can't keep their mouths shut...oh... and I have NO empathy, ethics, or morals...you'll find out.

Posted by: booka | May 26, 2010 1:58:59 PM

17. Gives the self loathing gay a whole new dimension........

.....Family Values coalition are having him speak with Michell Bachman...... I guess all the fascists are coming out of the closet .

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 26, 2010 2:00:46 PM

18. BTW : I think I'd like to be a brutal savage.......sometimes.....I just can't manage the noise.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 26, 2010 2:02:53 PM

19. Misrepresenting the facts of the Shoah is akin to denying it.

Posted by: Tone | May 26, 2010 2:03:36 PM

20. Somebody needs to tell this guy to keep his sexual fantasies to himself.

Posted by: Jack M | May 26, 2010 2:23:10 PM

21. Hmmmm- maybe he's right. I do find myself sitting here wishing someone would shoot him in the face.

Posted by: Robb | May 26, 2010 3:09:53 PM

22. You know... No more Mr. Nice Fag.

It's time we stopped pussyfooting around, put on some kevlar-armored leather, chose our warrior/lovers, and started acting out Fischer's worst fears.

Let's line all the bigots up and give them good haircuts at gun point, while a vast cadre of monster muscled Huggy Bears converts their boy children to the "I don't have to hate anybody to be a man" lifestyle.

Posted by: Bryan Harrison | May 26, 2010 4:22:04 PM

23. Another ignorant fool who's never cracked a book that wasn't the bible. This is so false it's not even worth discussing. Hitler was not gay. He had psychosexual pathology, but he was heterosexual. Himler, the chicken farmer, it can argued, was a closet case (and he was pretty fey). And Ernst Rohm was definitely gay...openly. And hitler had him assasinated because of that. By and large, the reich was heterofascist, as have all fascist movements been. But given the amount of homosexuals who were tortured and murdered by the reich, and later the german government after WW II, this ignorant fool's false statements are breathtakingly offensive.

Posted by: TANK | May 26, 2010 4:34:55 PM

24. This is one of those old Nazi urban myths.

Posted by: jaragon | May 26, 2010 5:16:53 PM

25. I don't care for phenomenology and existentialism (it's largely pseudo thought in many cases--though I have enduring respect for many of self classed continentals who are my friends...different language and approach to philosophy than the one I take is all this so-called feud amounts to...different priority of issues), but Hannah Arendt (one of the few continental thinkes who has left an indelible mark on my psyche) coined the phrase, "the banality of evil." Men who do horrific things are often of average intellect, and are otherwise mundane; simple people that, aside from their evil deeds, are not noteworthy for anything else. Ironically, this douchebag fischer confirms her hypothesis, for he is an agent of evil. As a gay jew (culturally, as I'm a stone cold atheist), I'm doubly offended by his hijacking of the holocaust for his christofascist purpose...and for many very personal reasons.

But Arendt made another point salient to homosexuality (and out group minority identity, in general). It was that no matter where you're born or what you've done, if you're a jew, you will never be evaluated, primarily, as anything but that. No homeland, no country, no accomplishment, no nothing other than a jew first, and everything else after. I think this also applies to homosexuality (and some other minority groups, too). You're not an american, french, spanish, italian, etc first if you're a jew (and I'm pretty much as american as it gets...first and foremost, and will defend this country through thick and thin against opposition)--you're a jew. But if you're gay, you are always gay first (even in the eyes of many jews, surprisingly, because it's the minority that they can get away with discriminating against that matters to them), and whatever makes you an individual second. This is, of course, rooted in bigotry.

Posted by: TANK | May 26, 2010 5:28:26 PM