Barack Obama | Jonathan Katz | News

BigGayDeal.com

'Proud Homophobe' Jonathan Katz Cut from Oil Spill Panel

Katz The Energy Department dumped Jonathan Katz from its scientific team appointed to deal with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill after his anti-gay writings were brought to light earlier today, OutQ News reports:

"Stephanie Mueller told OutQ News: 'Dr. Chu has spoken with dozens of scientists and engineers as part of his work to help find solutions to stop the oil spill. Some of Professor Katz’s controversial writings have become a distraction from the critical work of addressing the oil spill. Professor Katz will no longer be involved in the Department’s efforts.'"

Katz is a self-proclaimed "proud homophobe" who in a paper blamed gays for the deaths of other people who contracted AIDS, saying, "Guilt for their deaths is on the hands of the homosexuals and intravenous drug abusers who poisoned the blood supply. These people died so the sodomites could feel good about themselves."

Comments

1. Good. It's rare that the right thing happens, but it happened in this case.

Posted by: TANK | May 17, 2010 9:27:22 PM

2. that was fast

maybe the only good thing to come out of this disaster

Posted by: neverstops | May 17, 2010 9:32:26 PM

3. To all the queens who had no problem with this appointment I say, shame on you.

Posted by: Joe | May 17, 2010 10:07:37 PM

4. Since his essay is still freely available on his page at Washington University I guess he is still proud of his bigotry.

Interestingly he has multiple fringe papers including one on global warming. No doubt Dr. Chu can recognize a flake when he sees one.

Posted by: Charlie | May 17, 2010 10:34:16 PM

5. Well, that was easy.
    Still would be interesting to know how they selected that flake, though--not the homophobia, the general nuttiness about the relation of social issues and science.

Posted by: coolbearinmd | May 17, 2010 10:43:19 PM

6. oh, shut the hell up, Joe. Bitch is gone. Good riddance.

Posted by: KFLO | May 17, 2010 10:46:40 PM

7. He is a Straight Supremacist not a homophobe.

Lets not let him get away with the cute little name Proud Homophobe.

He is spewing this stuff to undercut a minority group that he feels power over .... and to build himself up.

He can think ... I may be ugly, I may be Jewish, but the gays are still beneath me ... if I work to keep them down "I win" ... sick but that is how all elitism works.

Posted by: telly | May 17, 2010 11:16:34 PM

8. Read it again, KFLO. Oh yah, I don't like the "shame on you" bit, either...because people have no shame LOL! But if you still disagree that the debris defending this appointment shouldn't be called out on it, then suck. a. dick.

Posted by: TANK | May 17, 2010 11:17:14 PM

9. A little victory means so much to me and my little penis.

Posted by: LooneyLeftist | May 17, 2010 11:59:57 PM

10. Good riddance. They'll probably make it up to him with a Supreme Court nomination

Posted by: Name: | May 18, 2010 12:14:19 AM

11. Tank - just to clarify, your "suck. a. dick." comment is affirmation, not negation? I'm pretty sure we all love sucking cock.

Posted by: tom | May 18, 2010 12:20:42 AM

12. The only thing I can say is...Good riddance!

Posted by: Arturo Beeche | May 18, 2010 12:21:59 AM

13. he sure is one ugly bitch!

Posted by: Zo | May 18, 2010 12:42:07 AM

14. So are you saying you can't be a cock hound, tom, and not suck dick? Don't be literal...

Posted by: TANK | May 18, 2010 12:43:28 AM

15. Another gay hating Uber jew.

Posted by: LG Wilson | May 18, 2010 1:29:41 AM

16. i would expect a lot better from a jew. mz katz is pizzed becuzz she'z been shunned by every male homosexual. she has her huge schnozz so far up the right-wing ass, she is tickling the prostate. i have no respect for this mountebank. she can go straight to hell.

Posted by: nic | May 18, 2010 1:32:53 AM

17. Loving the hipster doofus shirt he stole from his dad's resort wear. You can just smell the mothballs and desperation.

Posted by: Christopher | May 18, 2010 2:51:14 AM

18. Katz - probably another Reker, Ted Haggard, and all the other secretly gay homophobes who throw out their self hatred on others.

To hell with them. I liken them to Nazi Jews - there were a few.

We ought to put these people in a cage, together. So we could watch them go after each other. Great entertainment and a way to drive the homophboes into a closet.

Posted by: SteveMD2 | May 18, 2010 2:54:02 AM

19. He definitely needs someone to feel superior to.
    Homosexuals have always been a convenient target.

Posted by: Charles Almon | May 18, 2010 3:05:11 AM

20. Hey, nic...papers, please. I mean, I'm all for slamming this douchebag, but the casual antisemitism's no better than the race baiters who criticize obama...got it, pablo?

Posted by: TANK | May 18, 2010 3:28:56 AM

21. What an ugly f*ck

Posted by: Chris | May 18, 2010 7:15:51 AM

22. For the Energy Department to have resolved this matter so quickly suggests that his anti-gay writings were probably only the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: ChrisM | May 18, 2010 7:57:25 AM

23. Maybe I'm crazy...but if he can help solve the oil spill tragedy, does it really matter if he's a despicable, horrible person?

Posted by: J.D. | May 18, 2010 8:13:06 AM

24. A boil rather easily lanced.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 18, 2010 8:14:49 AM

25. Great.

By the way, even though I had no problem with Katz working on the oil spill team (and I still don't) I also didn't have a problem with what Aravosis was doing.

It's little steps like this that further the continued stigmazation of homophobic views.

I mean, even though Katz defended the premises behind "The Bell Curve," he's smart enough (or rational enough, I suppose) not to be an "proud racist."

Posted by: Chitown Kev | May 18, 2010 9:11:59 AM