Rent Boy: George Alan Rekers is a Homosexual who Enjoys Body Rubs in the Nude

Roman

Rent Boy "Lucien" (whom the Advocate identified as Jo-Vanni Roman) tells the Miami New Times all about his trip with anti-gay Christian right leader George Alan Rekers:

Rekers

The male escort hired by anti-gay activist George Alan Rekers has told Miami New Times that the Baptist minister is a homosexual who paid him to provide body rubs, once a day, in the nude, during their ten-day vacation in Europe.

Rekers allegedly named his favorite maneuver the "long stroke" — a complicated caress "across his penis, thigh… and his anus over the butt cheeks," as the escort puts it. "Rekers liked to be rubbed down there," he says.

The paper adds: "Although Rekers does have physical ailments that make it difficult for him to haul suitcases, Lucien wasn't hired to carry luggage on their European vacation, the escort says.

'It's a situation where he's going against homosexuality when he is a homosexual,' Lucien says.

Lucien was interviewed late last night in the Fort Lauderdale house where he was laying low for the evening. The townhome he rents in a west Miami suburb has been inundated by uninvited guests since his identity was revealed by a blogger on Gawker shortly after the story broke."

Rekers, we remind you, was the state of Florida's star witness in support of the ban on gay adoption. For his testimony he and a colleague were paid $87,000

A campaign by Joe Jervis aimed at getting attorney general Bill McCollum to respond to the Rekers scandal caused the shutdown of McCollum's gubernatorial campaign Facebook page.

Comments

1. George says

Let me also say thank you and BRAVO to Jo-Vanni as well. You did the right thing. I encourage all escorts to come forward and report anti-gay self loathing homosexuals.

2. Brian in Texas says

HAHAHA! This story is just too good, and quite frankly sad at the same time. But scumbags like this need to be outed for the greater good of us all.

3. ravewulf says

Wow, Jo-Vanni Roman (aka Lucien) looks really hot in this pic. Shame he had to be with that creep (can anyone say “pedostache”). Anyway, it’s good that he’s putting the truth out about Rekers.

4. Dan says

I don’t know why, and don’t jump all over me for this, but I’m actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Rekers. He’s obviously such a troubled man. I know he’s done a lifetime of bad things to gay people, though, but I can’t help but feel a bit sad here.

5. Daniel says

I hope this story continues.

The fact that Rekers wanted to BAN adoption by gays in Florida.

Wasn’t the couple who were trying to adopt reaching out to HIV children, and children who were in other very bad situations?

CLEARLY the best of our society reaching out to help these poor kids, and you have a SELF-HATING “Christian” trying to stop them. SICK!!!!

6. Rascal says

It is important to remember how many lost souls this horrible man helped to crucify, but this story does seem to get more delicious every day.

And Jo-Vanni (or whatever your name is) – Ride this thing (ahem) for all it’s worth, baby, and don’t let the judgmental trolls get you down.

7. GIO says

I give this kid a lot of credit, it would not have cost anything to say nothing and regardless of the fact that he is getting some notoriety for this issue, I am not sure it is the kind anybody wishes for. Thanks Lucien, Jo-Vanni, Geo!

8. Zlick says

This is my favorite story of the month. It just keeps getting better and better. And yes, Jo-Vanni is so cute in that pic, but thank goodness for the earlier, less flattering ones (where some, not me, found him unattractive) because otherwise we might not have had the great euphemism that I’m going to use forever, “Whatever lifts your luggage.” Bwahahaha.

I think the Bill McCullum angle needs to be played up a lot more, and some outrage brewed among Florida voters over the taxpayer money paid to Rekers for false testimony, and what Rekers is doing with his anti-gay dollars.

And though I hate to say it, I’d kinda like someone to look into his adoption of a 16-year old boy – – because this is the kind of guy who, when he says children adopted by gays face a molestation problem, I believe him. He obviously knows nothing about gays, but too much about himself. He’s a classic cry-out-for-help type. I mean, really, rentboy.com?!

Lets get him all the help he deserves. And lets help out the state of Florida, too. Demand accountability from Bill McCollum!

9. Rich Murray says

Call Darren Miller, FRC Media Coordinator: 202-637-4615 (o), 202-445-0015 (c), 330-418-6528 (h). Ask him why Family Research Council co-founder Dr. George Rekers likes “the long stroke”. Ask if Rekers has always been Dobson’s bottom.

Don’t just sit here and kvetch! Play offense!

10. Buster says

Is there no honor among whores anymore?

If I were to hire a rent boy, I would hope that part of what I’d be paying for is at least a little bit of discretion.

Not that I’m not delighted to hear that Rekers is being publicly shamed by his hypocrisy. But a simple “I provided sexual massages” from Mr. Roman would really suffice. :-) We don’t need (or want) to hear the explicit details.

I guess the lesson may be to always tip your servers.

11. Strepsi says

@BUSTER — it’s the same as my position on Outing: as soon as you actively harm the gay community and destroy gay lives, as Rekers did aggressively, you forfeit your right to discretion.
    Period.

12. JusticeontheRocks says

Buster makes a good point, excpet that Lucien was a baggage carrier, not a whore. Same privilege does not apply.

Men are homophobic for one of two reasons: 1) they are disgusted by gay sex, or 2) they fear they are gay. For Reckers we can look behind door number 2.

13. Rascal says

@buster

Um, I think the lesson is: Don’t be a shame-inducing hypocrite responsible for the social, political, and psychological subjugation of innocent people. This scum gave up any rights he had to “honor” or discretion or privacy when he chose to be demonize and exploit people.

Give your moral compass a good shaking, buster, and see if it corrects its bearings.

14. Buster says

Sheesh! People are so SERIOUS here! Did you really think I was defending Rekers? I wish the rentboy was publishing pictures of the guy’s butthole filled with his dick. I’m just kidding around about the ethics of the prostitution business. Try giving your sense of humor a good shaking RASCAL and see how that works for you.

15. romeo says

It needs to get loud and ugly if any of these douchebags are allowed to be talking heads in any mainstream media discussions about us. And I mean we need to get seriously ugly if they’re allowed to vent against us to a public that totally does not understand the truth of who we are. And I’m talking about Rupert’s Faux news too. Murdoch is behind a lot of the support that these people get, but that old stealth nazi doesn’t own me, he doesn’t own you.

16. says

Whatever Buster! When it rains it pours! I want more juicy details! Really destroy this old pathetic husk of a man for his many transgressions against us! I am proud of this escort for taking the high road and standing up for something even if it costs him clients. All those douchebags like Rekers need to be reminded who really has the power!!! Yeah!

17. booka says

I am reminded of the fact that “Whores” can have more honor and ethic’s than most gay men…All of you dumping on this ‘Jo-vanni’, need to ask yourselves what benefit to your gay brothers you have ever been. This kid didn’t have to do anything, and risks his means of making a living to do so…thats balls, and a moral compass to be admired and emulated by ALL gay men.

18. TANK says

And to those who don’t think this is the right thing to do because he’s a whore, fuck you. It is the right thing to do as it impacts the lives of many others not directly involved in the scandal. It weakens the opposition by undermining their public credibility.

And those out there up in arms because he’s a whore…fuck you, too. Making fun of a whore is a lot like kicking a cripple in many cases. Only a goddamn bum would do it.

19. Zlick says

As I now understand it, Rekers adopted the 16-year old boy four years ago, which would make his son exactly the same age as his rentboy, Jo-Vanni.

The ick factor just went off the charts for me.

20. bobo says

Did George Rekers adopt his son in Florida? I thought it was against the law for Gays to adopt children in Florida. Mr. Rekers got paid quite a lot to testify for the state to keep it illegal for Gays to adopt children in Florida. Someone needs to investigate this as well.

21. Ted B. says

Hopefully there’s a criminal prosecution in Rekers’ future for perjured testimony and theft through deception for his testimony and fees.

22. Toni says

Young man – you did a good thing by standing up and speaking out was your cover was blown.

That said — I have to wonder if he knew who the old evil man was while making money taking cash from the devil himself for his personal profit ?

Same thing with the Ted Haggard whore — he only spoke out once the deal was exposed.

With gay whores like this who needs enemies.

23. Toni says

THIS MAY BE TRUE — but most anti-gay people are not Homophobic, they are Straight Supremacists who enjoy the idea of keeping a class below — they see this as an advantage to them. Get that straight. Most anti-gay people do not fear gay people — they ENJOY feeling superior and enjoy the privileges that being in a higher class brings.

24. Paige Turner says

NewEng, you’re one of the few on here with any amount of intelligence based on your comment, “When a rent boy becomes your hero, somethings wrong”.

My thoughts exactly!!! Yes, Rekers is a disgusting hypocritical pig but the boy is a whore! It sounds like some on here would make him the Grand Marshall of any Gay Pride parade in a gay second.

25. Loki7329 says

Wow, some of the self-righteousness on here is on par with that spewed by the religious right. Nice. Good to know we can be counted on to circle the wagons.

26. Toni says

Banner alert on homepage of the evil one’s website professorgeorge.com

A recent article in an alternative newspaper cleverly gave false impressions of inappropriate behavior because of its misleading innuendo, incorrectly implying that Professor George Rekers used the Rentboy website to hire a prostitute to accompany him on a recent trip. Contrary to Internet stories based on this slanderous article, following medical advice Professor George Rekers requires an assistant to lift his luggage in his travels because of an ongoing condition following surgery. His family, local friends, and even another university professor colleague have offered to accompany him on trips to assist him in his travel. Dr. Rekers found his recent travel assistant by interviewing different people who might be able to help, and did not even find out about his travel assistant’s Internet advertisements offering prostitution activity until after the trip was in progress. There was nothing inappropriate with this relationship. Professor Rekers was not involved in any illegal or sexual behavior with his travel assistant.

Seems to be calling the Rent Boy a liar now.

27. KEW says

BRAVO!Lucien!!BRAVO!
    You are a very brave and handsome young man.I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the courageous act you’ve done this day. By speaking out with the truth, you have sliced a gaping hole into the hateful Religious Right!
    Think of all who have been gaybashed,killed,learned to hate themselves or been driven to suicide by these preachers of hate and lies! You have even given freedom to poor pitiful Dr. Rekers, who has been twisted by these people to loathe himself and to destroy others like him. Perhaps now he can find some peace by speaking his truth, accepting his sexuality and try to make up for all the terrible harm he has done.

So, hold your head high, Giovanni, today you have made the world a better place. I wish you the best and hope you are rewarded well.

28. Pup says

Too bad they don’t have a photo of Lucien driving his car up Rekers’ chocolate highway!

That would be sooooo sweet seeing him getting boffed by the Lucien. Ahh well looks like Rekers got F@cked in the end on the deal either way.
    Poetic justice is ever so sweet!

29. walter says

what is this old queen doing adopting a sixteen year old boy? the taxpayers of florida should be happy to know that their 87,000 dollars went to send this scumbag to europe with his rent boy. can you say that is not really screwing the taxpayers literally. isn’t there a law against false
    testimony or perjury

30. Hawthorne says

I wonder … if Rekers is gay, and he adopted a son in Florida, isn’t that illegal there? Can adoptions done under false pretenses in Florida be invalidated?

Frankly, this is all so sad. I have no sympathy for Rekers, for he has lived hypocritically, let him deal with the consequences; but no doubt his teachings, testimonies, etc., have been heard by struggling gay men who were surely pushed further in the closet by his teachings.

31. Hawthorne says

DOES ANYONE KNOW if Rekers was married? Is married? Fathered any children in wedlock? Does his life history show any of the classic hallmarks of the heterosexual “lifestyle” (I now officially hate that word)? The “Christian lifestyle”?

32. TANK says

Rekers is married, I believe, and does have kids he didn’t adopt.

However, given the age and look, I think he needs to be investigated for potential pedophilia. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

33. Ashley says

If he sticks to giving interviews to classy organizations with positive name recognition this could have a very good effect.

I’m glad he came forward. For while there I was afraid he would be paid off and the story wouldn’t fully come out. I’m not saying people’s private lives should just be put on display for any and everyone, but in this case it’s for the good of humanity. These right wing self hating homos shouldn’t be allowed to act one way in public, and be hyprocrites behind closed doors. Let this be a lesson. Hate yourself all you want, but keep it out of political agenda.

34. towleroad fanboy says

Andy T.: Thanks for giving this saga/thread a high-up slot on the blog. It’s an important story, for a whole lot of reasons. And the story has practically innumerable spin-offs: The state of Florida (taxpayers?) giving him $87,000; all his associates at Family Research Council, Focus on the Family, etc.; his appointment, and associates and colleagues at University of South Carolina School of Medicine; his patients and counselees; people who have quoted Rekers’ work; and Lord knows what else. (I doubt very seriously, at age 61, this is the first time he’s done something like Geo/Europe.)

I’m hoping this is the beginning of the end of the religious right anti-gay industry, which has done **incalculable damage**.

Peter LaBarbera, I *dare* you to make a statement. Dare you.

Hats off to the Miami New Times, by the way.

35. Stefani says

Let’s face it, he was hating to divert any suspicions away from his own sexuality. Some people can’t reconcile their biology with their beliefs…All I can say though, is that if the God he believes in is one that he believes has created us in his likeness, than wouldn’t that include homosexuals as well? Logic is definitely lacking in many…as is tolerance apparently; the guy is a hypocrite and he should be indicted for perjury since, he obviously lied under oath, expert or not, he should face the consequences like every other person who intentionally or recklessly lies under oath….and from the looks of things it was intentional! No wonder justice is so rarely served these days….just the thought that homosexuals receive little to no protection as a class against blatantly discriminatory legislation denying them the privilege of a fundamental right granted to all others but homosexuals and in Florida such a decision was based on this guy’s expert testimony?? He should be ashamed of himself, lying in such a self-serving manner (but really not b/c he’s denying himself a right too–oh the irony) the consequences of which are depriving an entire minority in this state of such a natural and traditionally protected right inherent within the liberties guaranteed to all citizens of this nation…but hey at least he thought people wouldn’t be pointing the finger at him!