UFC Fighter Turned Actor: 'Acting Is Kind Of Gay'

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ef5212dd970b-600wi
That's what Quinton "Rampage" Jackson told a reporter from the Vancouver set of the big-budget Hollywood summer remake of The A-Team. The UFC fighter takes over the role of "B.A." Baracus made famous by Mr. T.

The LA Times reports:

"Acting is kind of gay," Jackson said. "It makes you soft. You got all these people combing your hair and putting a coat over your shoulders when you're cold. I don't want a coat over my shoulders! I'm a tough-ass [individual]!"

"Vancouver strikes me as a San Francisco-kind of place," he continued. "And I don't want [individuals] getting ideas about me. I feel in my heart I'm the toughest [individual] on the planet. And I don't want nothing changing my train of thought. If you don't believe that when we step inside the octagon, it shows."

The article also makes mention of an altercation between Jackson and a crew member on the set: "...a movie crew member had wandered in on this final day of principal photography and — whether jokingly or not — called the muscle-bound movie star a homophobic epithet. Jackson had responded with barely contained fury. He threw the guy out, shouting him down with every conceivable gay slur."

You may remember that Mr. T himself was involved in a controversial Snickers commercial that many critics attacked as homophobic.

On an unrelated note, Jackson lost his UFC match to Rashad Evans in Las Vegas last night.

Comments

1. I love these guys who spend all day at the gym and think they've got opinions that matter.

Posted by: Drew | May 30, 2010 4:43:22 PM

2. Um, his name is Quinton. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: Sean | May 30, 2010 5:51:28 PM

3. Oh, great....another sub-human Neanderthal, given a voice and credence. Slither back into the primordial ooze, and don't bother trying to evolve...it didn't take the first time.

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | May 30, 2010 5:57:44 PM

4. I was going to see the movie just to see Bradley Cooper but I think I'll pass
    Instead of a FB page to boycott it might be more effective to just post a status update explaining why you are not going to see the movie.

Posted by: Brian Carter | May 30, 2010 6:05:08 PM

5. Looks like there's a facebook page up now:

Posted by: Andrew F | May 30, 2010 6:28:00 PM

6. I'm so sick of this homophobic, bigoted crap. I was planning on seeing this movie for some good slapstick nostalgic fun, but now I'll be boycotting it and encouraging my friends to do the same. I just joined the Facebook group.

Posted by: RobbyRob | May 30, 2010 7:54:04 PM

7. Would someone please do that guy's nails while he sleeps. And maybe tattoo some eyeliner on him. Oh, and take some incriminating photos of him with a blow up Jesse Helms doll....

Posted by: gary day | May 30, 2010 8:56:44 PM

8. I was debating seeing this because I do like Bradley Cooper. This decides it: I'll skip it.

Posted by: terry | May 30, 2010 10:53:21 PM

9. What an idiot...What a Jerk!

Typical ebonic mentality of homophobia, bigotry and hatred.

*******Acting=Gay

This has to one of the dumbest comments made by an obviously ignorant, foolish and negative ANGRY BLK MAN.

This FOOL might have had his head slammed to the ground a few too many times in the wrestling ring.

He is the poster boy/punk for ignorance: with a self entitled attitude, homphobic, labeling and belittling comments.

Boycott this a$$hole and the whole damn movie....The studio, producers, the movie distributors, his management...anyone connected to this piece of shit and ungrateful dumbass. He needs to know that the gay community will not and does not accept this sort of treatment. NO MORE.....

I hope he NEVER gets hired again for anything to do with "GAY" acting.

If the "gays" were not involved in "acting" than it would cease to even exist as an employment opportunity where a stupid, ignorant and hating doofus, who wrestles for money got a job "ACTING"!!

ENOUGH hatred and labeling.

Go back to wrestling and get sweaty and physical with another man for your $$$$.

What a loser....I hope KARMA keeps getting you back Quentin.

NSTFU.........

Posted by: Ben | May 30, 2010 11:49:40 PM

10. UFC President Dana White has no problems with gay people: http://www.mmafighting.com/2009/05/25/an-openly-gay-fighter-in-the-ufc-dana-white-says-hed-be-welcom/

Much like Met-Rx World's Strongest Man competitors, I'm sure most of these guys know who butters their bread and don't let it threaten their sexual security.

Posted by: Sean Mac | May 31, 2010 12:40:40 AM

11. What an idiot...What a Jerk!

Typical ebonic mentality of homophobia, bigotry and hatred.

*******Acting=Gay

Posted by: Ben | May 30, 2010 11:49:40 PM

We can always count a WHITE RACIST FAG LIKE YOU TO SPEAK HOW YOU REALLY FEEL. FUCKING COCKSUCKING IDIOTIC QUEEN!

Posted by: Ben's Mother is a SHITHEAD! | May 31, 2010 2:17:15 AM

12. Maybe he and Isiah Washington can go fuck each other.

Posted by: LG Wilson | May 31, 2010 7:40:39 AM

13. Is it as gay as UFC fighting? I get half a stock just watching it. And sometimes watch it for that purpose, ;-) so.....

Posted by: CJ | May 31, 2010 7:42:20 AM

14. Now I feel even better that he'll be losing money when I download the movie from the torrents... for free.

Posted by: jmatts | May 31, 2010 7:56:05 AM

15. Well I guess this means Boy George won't be reprising his guest starring role in "A Team 2"?

Posted by: Jim | May 31, 2010 9:11:48 AM

16. FUCK YOU BITCH.

Posted by: STEVE RICHMOND | May 31, 2010 10:48:56 AM

17. UFC and the fighting like it advertise on the back of their shorts why? Because at least one of the fighters will have his ass up in the air as he tries to dominate his opponent in a very sexual pose. And this guy complains about being pampered for a movie because other people are paying good money to make a movie that looks good (or at least tries to). Plus, being pampered like he was is something royalty and the rich have been doing for thousands of years!

Posted by: Alan E. | May 31, 2010 12:17:35 PM

18. Facebook protest group formed.

Posted by: Rich | May 31, 2010 6:07:39 PM

19. Sounds like he and Bradley Cooper might have gotten a little closer than he'd expected off camera.

Posted by: FrancoisTrueFaux | Jun 1, 2010 5:34:29 AM

20. This tickles me pink. Because laying on top of another sweaty man trying to pin them down sounds pretty gay to me.

Posted by: Ark | Jun 1, 2010 5:36:17 AM

21. Hyper Hetero is Normal Honky mogayfos
    Hetero is normal...and if you you call
    me phobic about homos.....you suck and
    homos suck.....the NORM IS HETERO