Bradley Cooper | Film | News

BigGayDeal.com

Bradley Cooper Fantasized About (Being) the Soloflex Guy

Cooper

Bradley Cooper talks to Details about his A-Team physique

“As the movie progressed, I got in increasingly better shape. There’s this one fight scene with Liam Neeson toward the end, where it’s, like, the apex of the work … I swear to God, it looked like my head was digitally superimposed onto someone else’s body. I was like, ‘This cannot be me—that’s the way I look?’ … ‘Cause as a kid I only fantasized about looking that way. Remember Soloflex commercials? That was huge when I was a kid. It was like, ‘I wanna be the Soloflex guy. Mom, can we get the Soloflex?’”

I wanted to be the Soloflex guy too. And I also wanted the Soloflex guy. Here's a refresher, and here.

Cooper better stop with that chit-chat. Mr. T might come after him for talking too gay.

A beefy A-Team Cooper clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

(clip, screenshot via square hippies)

Comments

1. I'm more interested in this photo of Bradley hanging out with openly gay singer Chris Salvatore. Hmm.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 3, 2010 11:25:58 AM

2. Yeah, I wonder how many straight guys asked their mommy for a Soloflex when they were a kid?

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 3, 2010 11:28:22 AM

3. I commend Towleroad for NOT posting a misleading headline to this story unlike some other blogs that took Journalism 101 from the Perez Hilton University. Others had negligently omitted the verb "to be" in their headlines just to get clicks.

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Jun 3, 2010 11:28:39 AM

4. I'm glad BC is doing well. I remember seeing him first in Alias and was smitten.

Posted by: Will | Jun 3, 2010 12:09:18 PM

5. So what happened to the original Soloflex man, Scott Madsen?

Posted by: critifur | Jun 3, 2010 12:11:47 PM

6. Want!

Posted by: Dusty | Jun 3, 2010 12:11:52 PM

7. @Mike: That is clearly not the (same) famous actor Bradley Cooper in the photo with Chris Salvatore.

Posted by: critifur | Jun 3, 2010 12:16:32 PM

8. @Crit: That is Bradley Cooper the actor. He and Chris are friends. How can you possibly not think that is Bradley? Just look at that nose. Compare the nose and teeth to any pic you'd like.

Posted by: Adam | Jun 3, 2010 12:30:49 PM

9. "Mom, can we get a Soloflex?"

When I was a boy I wanted to be a pro wrestler or a pilot...not the Soloflex guy.

Boys usually want to BE something. The body, the muscles, the "look" is a given, purely ancillary. The normal boy thinks: "I want to BE James Bond or Batista." NOT: "I want to LOOK LIKE James Bond or Batista."

Only girls and Gay little boys are self-conscious enough to care only about how they'll look when they grow up.

Based on that distinction (and his dating Zellweger) I'd say Bradley just outed himself.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jun 3, 2010 12:44:08 PM

10. @ MarkDC: Yes, you figured him all out now.
    Sorry girls of planet Earth, Bradley's been outed by us gaydar professionals using nothing but a fond childhood memory.
    We're that good!

Posted by: Drew | Jun 3, 2010 3:21:37 PM

11. that's very interesting, I fantasize about Bradley being the Soloflex guy too ... and I need a personal demonstration...

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Jun 3, 2010 4:15:18 PM

12. @ MarkDC
    You read much into things...perhaps even TOO MUCH!!! What it must be to be in that head of yourn.

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Jun 3, 2010 6:13:41 PM

13. Brad is gay friendly so leave him alone..i have the soloflex poster book..Bradly would have done him justice

Posted by: alan brickmana | Jun 3, 2010 7:00:45 PM

14. Leave Daniel Craig alone...he is gay friendly too...gays need straights in
    their corner...

Posted by: alan brickmana | Jun 3, 2010 7:08:26 PM

15. Bradley's about 35. I wonder which Soloflex guy he was impressed by.

Posted by: lookyloo | Jun 4, 2010 10:27:06 AM

16. @markdc, What you just "outed" is the fact that you're an angry, repressed, retro-faggot w/zero sense of humor and in serious need of a good shrink and a packet of mood stabilizing meds!

Posted by: Hugh | Jul 1, 2010 3:05:33 PM