Deepwater Horizon | Matt Gutman | News

Matt Gutman: Break-out News Hottie of the Oil Spill?

Gutman

On a bit of a lighter note, regarding the Deepwater Horizon disaster (I say a bit, because when you see the following reporter on oil-soaked birds you'll be brought right back to the bleakness and horror of it all)...

ABC News' Matt Gutman is being talked about as the Anderson Cooper of the oil spill, not only for his on-the-scene reporting ("He's very much in the mold of the reporter who is a true digital journalist - someone who can shoot and produce and edit"), but for his propensity to wear tight-fitting polos.

Gutman2

Gushes blogger Antoine Reid:

"Where the heck did ABC recruit this guy from? Seriously, he looks like he was ripped from the cover of Men’s Health or Muscle & Fitness. It’s like Christmas when this guy comes on to report about something – he has that stereotypical immaculate dark news anchor hair, a nice build to him, wears the tightest shirts he can find. Wooh, heat wave! I feel like Blanche from The Golden Girls whenever ABC drags him out of hiding."

Watch Gutman's report on oil-soaked birds, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gutman3

Comments

1. He's gorgeous! I've been watching ABC Nightly News just for him.

Posted by: LTP | Jun 10, 2010 10:02:57 AM

2. I've been a Matt fan for quite a while. He did a shirtless report once that had something to do with scuba diving and also appeared once in a black tanktop.

Posted by: Will | Jun 10, 2010 10:13:16 AM

3. Is he gay?

Posted by: Bill | Jun 10, 2010 10:59:27 AM

4. I thought i was the only one, he sure keeps my attention. Classically handsome

Posted by: George | Jun 10, 2010 11:17:21 AM

5. thank you, andy!!!!!!! he is one handsome, hot mofo. it is good to see something beautiful in this fiasco. but, wait! gutman? jewish? no foreskin? i guess one can't have everything. teehee.

Posted by: nic | Jun 10, 2010 11:41:36 AM

6. "My number is......" well......wishful thinking. Trust me, living here we could use some distraction from the endless barrage of images of oiled birds and wildlife. Thanks Andy....and ahhhhh..Matt

Posted by: Piper | Jun 10, 2010 12:00:37 PM

7. Damn you all to Hell! I found him first and am his biggest fan.

He's MINE. Stay away!!

Posted by: B-rod | Jun 10, 2010 12:07:26 PM

8. I dig his perky lil ears. Looks like he's got some fur too. I'd hit that!

Posted by: MoJo | Jun 10, 2010 12:38:03 PM

9. Ooo I just spilled some oil -- in my boxer-briefs!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 10, 2010 12:52:15 PM

10. Seriously? With this horrible environmental disaster you shallow, insipid bitches are actually talking about how cute the guy is who reports on it? Wow.

Posted by: Shane | Jun 10, 2010 1:26:16 PM

11. shane, shame. you are such a debbie downer. life goes on, missy.

Posted by: nic | Jun 10, 2010 1:55:22 PM

12. If it weren't for the oil-soaked pelican in the picture--which is sad, depressing, tragic and heart-rending--it might be fun to wax euphoric over the newsman. Yeah, butthole (no names please), life does go on missy, unless you are any one of the thousands of creatures who are dead or are dying because of this disaster or one of 11 men killed on the oil rig or the tens of thousands of people whose livelihood is gone forever. Sure, debby, go ahead, drop another downer, hit the clubs and dance your tired ass off. Problems? What problems? Disaster? What disaster? A tacky queen is a tacky queen, MISSY.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 10, 2010 2:20:53 PM

13. Oh please- yes this is a tragedy of epic proportions but there is nothing wrong with admiring such a cute looking guy like Matt.

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 10, 2010 6:11:08 PM

14. @JAMAL49,

you make me laugh. talk about tacky....

Posted by: nic | Jun 10, 2010 7:33:33 PM

15. Hot like a controlled-burn oil slick!
    And you know what else? Anderson Cooper is kind of boring me lately; he's getting all Lou Dobbs-ish.

Posted by: Drew | Jun 10, 2010 8:15:25 PM

16. Is this what this blog has come to?
    Pathetic.

Posted by: Beargrin | Jun 10, 2010 9:44:07 PM

17. I concur with others here ...

S H A M E !! You queens make me sick -- all you can do is comment on how hot the newscaster!?

Posted by: Chapeau | Jun 10, 2010 10:43:37 PM

18. Notice the band on his finger. Guess he's taken. *sigh of disappointment*

(Totally ignoring those condescending drama queens Chapeau, Beargrin and Shane)

Posted by: gayalltheway | Jun 10, 2010 11:02:51 PM

19. He could still fuck around. A ring doesn't mean anything. It's just a major turn-on (for some). Makes us want to try harder, LOL.

As for the disaster? There will always be queens who want to party in the face of a disaster, get over it. And if you think THIS is bad, just wait for what's next as far as disasters go. 2012 will wipe us out.

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 11, 2010 12:26:04 AM

20. I agree with comments about Mr. Gutman's cuteness and I have enjoyed his reporting of such an unenjoyable situation in the gulf. Nevertheless, I'd still rather meet David Muir in my "dinner with an ABC News reporter" dream.

Posted by: obmitar | Jun 11, 2010 12:35:21 AM

21. @OBMITAR,

agreed. i've had a long-standing crush on david muir. he is a beauty.

Posted by: nic | Jun 11, 2010 1:51:21 AM

22. How come no one is talking about the most beautiful guy on the new Mr. Rob Marciano from CNN?

Posted by: Rod Gambassi | Jun 11, 2010 3:30:25 AM

23. McDreamy hair...

Posted by: Glenn | Jun 11, 2010 8:27:27 AM

24. He's hot and cares about animals. Is he single?

Posted by: Eric | Jun 12, 2010 5:18:06 PM

25. Watching him right now, actually. First saw him last week watching tube with sis, sis turns to me and says, "Check out the package on this guy!"

He should wear light colored khakis all the time.

Posted by: Joe | Jul 4, 2010 9:37:34 PM