Comments

1. Rad says

At first I thought this was piece of glass sculpture. Then I studied longer. How absolutely sad. It will be decades before the region can recover.

2. raymond says

“these feathers are from a pillow. don’t worry. i’ve not killed a bird to get them”

no, he did not kill the bird, but someone had to pluck the bird for the pillow filling.

3. Seth says

I’m from Orange Beach. I live in San Francisco now, but the rest of my family is still down there. I call my mom everyday and listen to her talk about the fishermen and shrimpers not knowing what to do, the tang of oil blowing in off the sea, and the beach… Orange Beach used to have sugar white sands, but now they’re so covered in tar balls that it looks like mud in some places.

The Gulf is being destroyed. It’s dying wave by wave and no one, as far as I or my family can tell, knows how to help.

4. AERES says

You almost wish liberals had a mirror of Pat Robertson to say to the state of Alabama, you get what you vote for.

Not because you would agree with the nut – but because it’d just be fitting.

Drill Baby Drill…

5. says

We have yet to hear the citizens of TX, AL, MS, FL rise up against the GOP Gov’s & Congressmen who were all about “Drill, baby, Drill” & keep the government out of regulation.

How about a sense of outrage? They’re quick to teabag, but turn a blind eye to the people who enabled the crisis that effects them the most.

6. jim says

Don’t forget that BP was one of your buddy Obama’s largest contributors during his senate and presidential run. HAs no one not noticed that he has not REALLY come out strong against BP because he owes them favors! Do you not also remember that he approved in march the drilling off shore in NC? Drill baby Drill has two fathers!

By the way…….that picture is pretty……….finally something nice to say about the filthy waters of the gulf! Hopefully it will look this good for twenty to thirty years!

7. jerry says

Um Jim, 20 Billion for starters is a pretty strong statement against BP, guess you missed that news that was on every major and minor news outlet yesterday and today

8. Henry Holland says

Jim’s last comment may be dickish, but he’s right: the oil industry has bought politicians across the aisle, some more than others. They know what they’re doing.

“During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records”

Note: I’ve never voted for a Republican in 32 years of voting, but facts are facts.

Andy, when are you going to get a new comments software that allows embedded HTML links and style use?