Aaron Schock | News | Republican Party

Rep. Aaron Schock 'Burned the Belt' That Made Him Look Gay

Schock

Over the weekend, Gawker posted a photo of Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) at Tuesday's White House picnic that they said was "jamming up the gay staff listserve."

The photo quickly went viral.

More interesting than the photo, now, is Schock's reaction to the fact that people said it made him look gay.

Writes Schock in a Tweet: "Never thought a pic of me w/ my shirt on would go viral. Learned my lesson and burned the belt."

Schocktweet

Wow. Such a dramatic way to deal with one's shame.

Previously...
Congressman Aaron Schock Not Gay, Details Reconfirms... [tr]
CNN Turns the Focus to GOP Congressman Aaron Schock's Abs [tr]

Comments

1. On first look I thought 'well the hat and the earrings are a bit much, but he kinda pulls it off'.

Then I realized.

Posted by: James | Jun 14, 2010 9:45:23 PM

2. Where the hell did he get that stuff, the 1992 International Male catalog?

Posted by: BobC562 | Jun 14, 2010 9:57:54 PM

3. oh hun you can burn the belt but the gay aint gonna go that easy

Posted by: sal | Jun 14, 2010 10:19:04 PM

4. G A Y F A C E.

G A Y F A C E.

G A Y F A C E.

G A Y F A C E.

G A Y F A C E.

G A Y F A C E.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jun 14, 2010 10:27:23 PM

5. You're still wearing that Gaytarded shirt...Erin.

Posted by: MarkDC | Jun 14, 2010 10:28:57 PM

6. POSTED BY: TCD:
    "Not really blue...or teal. Perhaps...cerulean?"

It's 'Aqua'. Cerulean is more towards light Indigo, kinda Cornflower-ish

Posted by: Daniel | Jun 14, 2010 10:31:31 PM

7. Well, I think he's adorable in a red, white and blue outfit.

What's the matter with you guys?

Posted by: Jean-Paul, Canada | Jun 14, 2010 10:57:11 PM

8. Jean-Paul, I agree with you. It is a great outfit, if a little unconventional. He is gorgeous. Is there more to this story? I don't see him mention the word "gay" anywhere. If the comments on here are the majority, maybe he burned the belt because everybody hated it? I'm still glad Andy posted the picture though.

Posted by: lessthan | Jun 14, 2010 11:31:37 PM

9. He's hot. He's an asshole.

Is he gay though? Meh. I'd rather not have closeted Republicans playing for my team anymore.

Posted by: Tyler | Jun 14, 2010 11:52:04 PM

10. hey what's wrong with the belt. it goods well with the good humor pants .but the shirt opened way down so he can show off his chest is a little much.and he seems to have mansaping done on his chest hair. bet all that waxing hurts.bet under those pretty white jeans is a jock strap to held hold his package.

Posted by: walter | Jun 15, 2010 12:53:08 AM

11. It's not the belt, it's the cock up yer ass.

Posted by: Anon | Jun 15, 2010 1:28:23 AM

12. Oh honey, you can't even pull off the metrosexual tag in that outfit.

Posted by: Jubal Harshaw | Jun 15, 2010 1:33:41 AM

13. At one point he liked the outfit enough to go out in public wearing it.But after being "noticed" he became self conscious and slightly defensive.His FEAR of being ridiculed will also show in his Congressional voting record, you can bet on it.Sad thing is both Democrats and Republicans are AFRAID of doing what they know to be right and will vote the party vote instead of being themselves and voting for equality for all....I wonder how many men are afraid to wear a pink shirt?

Posted by: greg2 | Jun 15, 2010 1:57:18 AM

14. OMG, I saw that shirt a couple of months ago at AnF, remember thinking what kinda douche would wear a table cloth for a shirt.

Posted by: moinmalibu | Jun 15, 2010 2:34:14 AM

15. Alright after all these awesome comments I have nothing to add except "you are a f-ing fag if the 1st thing you knew to do was burn the belt", and B), whoever said he looked like a Strawberry Shortcake hoedown, made my day :^)

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jun 15, 2010 3:43:16 AM

16. the look says 1980's

Posted by: rick | Jun 15, 2010 3:43:51 AM

17. What would it take for him to find the perfect match?

Posted by: Ishaq | Jun 15, 2010 4:35:35 AM

18. Picture it: you wake up in the morning with a smile on your face, so content.

Then you notice a pair of white pants with an aqua belt hanging on your bedpost, you roll over, and there's a black-haired Adonis smiling back and saying: "Let's do it again?"

Sigh. Belt??? What belt?

Let me get my mouthwash; I'll be right back.

You see yourself in the mirror, and there you are....wearing his red-checkered shirt scented with good Old Spice.

Sigh.

Oh never mind...I know how discriminating your tastes are and you've got beautiful men lining up outside your door.

Now, where did I put my red-checkered, strawberry condom. Yummy.

Posted by: Jean-Paul, Canada | Jun 15, 2010 4:54:18 AM

19. She probably has her bush shaved into a little lightning bolt.

Posted by: LG Wilson | Jun 15, 2010 5:24:27 AM

20. and the white strides...

Posted by: arch | Jun 15, 2010 6:00:26 AM

21. new game: gay or european OR closet republican...

Posted by: arch | Jun 15, 2010 6:12:12 AM

22. He should have sold it on eBay and donated the money to the Treasury to reduce the Federal deficit....oh, I forgot, repugs only TALK about responsible government.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 15, 2010 7:05:12 AM

23. Bethenny Frankel's "straight athlete" assistant ran to the sink to wash his hair after someone thought that he was gay based upon his hairstyle. Another closet case??

Posted by: hephaestion | Jun 15, 2010 7:33:12 AM

24. I guess he has a point--with any other belt, that outfit is "less gay".

Too bad he can't come out of that closet & stay--the air is much better outside.

Posted by: rayy | Jun 15, 2010 7:34:56 AM

25. Good work damning him for 'looking'
    gay! Excellent way to keep a stereotype firmly entrenched in the public mind.

Why do the dumb bitchy fags run the movement?

Posted by: Kitty Boots | Jun 15, 2010 8:21:47 AM