Aaron Schock | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Aaron Schock 'Burned the Belt' That Made Him Look Gay

Schock

Over the weekend, Gawker posted a photo of Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) at Tuesday's White House picnic that they said was "jamming up the gay staff listserve."

The photo quickly went viral.

More interesting than the photo, now, is Schock's reaction to the fact that people said it made him look gay.

Writes Schock in a Tweet: "Never thought a pic of me w/ my shirt on would go viral. Learned my lesson and burned the belt."

Schocktweet

Wow. Such a dramatic way to deal with one's shame.

Previously...
Congressman Aaron Schock Not Gay, Details Reconfirms... [tr]
CNN Turns the Focus to GOP Congressman Aaron Schock's Abs [tr]

Comments

1. "Burn the belt" meet "Lift my luggage"!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 15, 2010 8:30:10 AM

2. I think he was just trying for a take on a red, white and blue outfit for a White House picnic. Do gay men currently dress like that somewhere in the USA? He did overreact but that was probably because of the reaction to the abs in a swimsuit photo. Aaron may just decide to hire a stylist.

Posted by: MickJr | Jun 15, 2010 8:47:50 AM

3. Hmmm. He said *burned* but what he really did was *bury* it... in his Special Drawer. He can only bring it out now when there is no-one who can see it. A little sad, actually...

One hopes that when he does finally come out, he will start working *for* his own people, instead of voting against them. There *is* precedent (very little, but some, and one does hope...).

Posted by: bgb808 | Jun 15, 2010 9:42:31 AM

4. What a shame. I like that belt.

Posted by: Simon | Jun 15, 2010 10:50:44 AM

5. I would have just given it back to Daisy Duke.

Posted by: steve | Jun 15, 2010 10:54:11 AM

6. No one seems to notice the "can't possibly be gay" guy on the left! Anyway, I suggest he never wear any belts, or shirts!

Posted by: anon | Jun 15, 2010 10:58:02 AM

7. I predict he'll be found using a "wide stance" in an Illinois men's room in about 6-9 months.

Posted by: ALSNYC | Jun 15, 2010 1:02:44 PM

8. I for one think he looks adorable. You are all too harsh.

Posted by: Jason | Jun 15, 2010 1:08:18 PM

9. Comments are great ! Yes, a straight guy who chose that belt wouldn't care......he'd be happy with the choice.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 15, 2010 2:12:39 PM

10. Tough crowd here today.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 15, 2010 2:37:58 PM

11. He looks gay without the belt.

Posted by: hinbww | Jun 15, 2010 4:00:33 PM

12. Well you chose wrong in the "burn the gay away" game. No self respecting gay would have put together a turquoise belt with a red and white picnic table cover and white 501's anyway. God only knows what the shoes looked like. That was you sole confirmation of your alleged straightness. So the only question is. How does one set themselves on fire these days?

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jun 15, 2010 4:13:45 PM

13. The belt does not make him look gay. It makes him look like he has no taste. I don't think any self-respecting gay man would wear that color combination. Oh, I think I just answered the question: No SELF-RESPECTING gay man would wear that color combination!

Posted by: Bob | Jun 15, 2010 4:40:01 PM

14. It's not the belt.

Posted by: Pam | Jun 15, 2010 5:21:30 PM

15. If I, as a gay, decided to go dressed up a gay for Halloween, I would wear that very outfit!

Posted by: John | Jun 15, 2010 5:57:32 PM

16. really? he thinks it's the belt? if anything the belt leans toward straight fasion sense -- but honey look at him..he's so gay.

Posted by: Mark Hutchinson | Jun 15, 2010 7:41:22 PM

17. Deary; It is not the belt that gives you away. It is that beautiful smile and look of your eyes.As a matter of fact, I never saw the belt until I read the comments.

Posted by: Jerry12 | Jun 15, 2010 9:08:26 PM

18. Serial mom was wrong, it is wrong to wear white after Labor Day or any day after that. He looks like something out of the 80's.

Posted by: Jeff Dunivant | Jun 16, 2010 8:22:54 AM

19. not just the belt - shirt, pants and more importantly...him.

Posted by: Sean | Jun 16, 2010 9:16:35 AM

20. First of all, he's hot, even if he is a Repubicunt

Secondly, who really gives a shit about this douchebag?

Posted by: John | Jun 16, 2010 6:49:06 PM

21. Now what Boy-Band was he in before his Congress Gig?

Posted by: August | Jun 16, 2010 11:20:28 PM

22. he is the definition of a wimpy kid

Posted by: walter t boned | Nov 30, 2010 7:55:30 AM

23. yeah, it was the BELT that made him look gay....

Posted by: Jason Dorn | May 9, 2011 2:38:44 PM

24. Schock's district will probably be elimated by 2012 because Illinois is losing a congressional district, so perhaps he's trying to branch out into some form of celebrity.

His homosexuality is pretty much an open secret in Illinois and on Capitol Hill, where Washingtonian Magazine voted him "Most Likely to Become Involved in a Scandal" last year. However, unlike fellow closet case Illinois Republican Mark Kirk, Schock repeatedly votes against gay issues, including the repeal of DADT. I don't know who counseled him on doing this magazine cover; not only is it pretty unprofessional for an elected representative, but he looks like he's posing for the cover of Blueboy.

Posted by: tim viec | Oct 18, 2011 5:27:46 AM

25. He is gay. Its only a matter of time before everyone finds out and his crappy political career is finally over.

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 15, 2012 6:42:25 PM