Katy Perry | Lip Dub | News

Watch: Katy Perry's 'California Gays'

Gurls

Oh, stop pretending you didn't think there would be more of this.

Watch (complete with a NYC rumble), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WOW that set the bar really, really high for future "gay boy remixes."

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Jul 1, 2010 8:46:11 PM

2. The homophobia of these comments from (presumably) gay men and women disgust me. This is NOT why we can't get married so stop pretending that flamboyance and fun are only allowed when straight people do it.

Posted by: anthony | Jul 1, 2010 8:49:50 PM

3. This was only acceptable due to:
    1. The vehicular manslaughter
    2. Guy Branum

Posted by: Eric26 | Jul 1, 2010 8:50:34 PM

4. LOVE it!! Good job, boys!

Posted by: JeffRob | Jul 1, 2010 9:04:01 PM

5. When will there be a group of gay men that can sing and dance to their own, original music, instead of ripping off solo female pop acts? In the music video she acts like a stupid candy slut because she knows it will sell music and these guys are doing it to what? Be cute? Show how sassy they are? If I had a mold made of the image America has towards gays these people would be rolling around in it like a jello wrestling ring in a basement at a college frat party. How long does it take for people to realize that complacency doesn't do shit?

Posted by: Matt | Jul 1, 2010 9:11:57 PM

6. I dunno.

I miss the days gays lipsynced to Judy and Barbra. The songs were better.

Seriously, I can't believe Katy Ur So Fauxbian Perry has any sort of following with the gays. She's stupid and offensive.

She actually makes me glad the baby gays are latching onto Gaga who at the very least has better wigwear . . . and politics.

Posted by: Alex | Jul 1, 2010 9:18:09 PM

7. This video just made me straight ... and Team New York

Posted by: VInce in WeHo | Jul 1, 2010 9:19:32 PM

8. @Crispy, I want to be in your "Karma Police" video if you'll be in my take on Ladytron's "Destroy Everything You Touch"

Posted by: Alex | Jul 1, 2010 9:21:14 PM

9. Is it gay bashing if a gay does the punching?

Posted by: David | Jul 1, 2010 9:22:36 PM

10. It's a deal, Alex! Ladytron is great. Glad to know there are gays with good taste in music.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 1, 2010 9:37:05 PM

11. how come you never see lesbians doing this kinda stuff?

I think I'm a lesbian stuck inside a gay man's body

I'll be playing guitar at the local coffee house if anyone wants to stop by

Posted by: neverstops | Jul 1, 2010 9:45:00 PM

12. Why do they have to look so girlie???? C'mon gays!!! BUTCH IT UP!

Posted by: Sean | Jul 1, 2010 9:51:13 PM

13. Jeez, this meme is played.

Posted by: Musicboy | Jul 1, 2010 9:53:17 PM

14. i say bravo. good for you. have some fun. they put some work into this and i'm happy to watch it. i give it 3 stars.

Posted by: bob | Jul 1, 2010 9:57:12 PM

15. This type of hyperflamboyant effeminate silliness does nothing to help the image of gay men in our society. And some gays have nerve to wonder why so many men who have sex with men don't want to identify as gay. A putrid depiction that defames all gay men.

Posted by: Malcolm | Jul 1, 2010 9:58:00 PM

16. I'm going to gather my friends and we're going to do either a music video from Die Soldaten in our speedos, or perhaps a shot by shot remake of Un Chien Andalou.

Posted by: Clifw | Jul 1, 2010 10:13:50 PM

17. @Malcolm - Amen!

Posted by: Pete | Jul 1, 2010 10:20:28 PM

18. @ClifW . . . I just got a woody.

Posted by: Alex | Jul 1, 2010 10:22:55 PM

19. This only confirms stereotypes for some people...being gay does not equate to being feminine!

Posted by: TJ | Jul 1, 2010 10:31:23 PM

20. @Malcolm

if you don't like the picture, build a bigger frame ;-)

Posted by: neverstops | Jul 1, 2010 10:32:24 PM

21. Song choice aside [California GURLS; Daisy Dukes; bikinis; Stilletos; No Weenies (No Homo)?], this video would be more entertaining if the performers did not take themselves so seriously, and actually smiled instead of trying so hard to be "fierce."

Posted by: Brian | Jul 1, 2010 10:34:45 PM

22. Malcolm, you can kindly go f-ck yourself. Another gay male's flamboyant expression doesn't threaten my masculinity, so why does it threaten yours? I think you're upset that these men have a set of balls bigger than the ones you WISH you could imagine you had. How about you quit excusing homophobia and do something productive for the betterment of society. A bigot is a bigot, be them a straight person or a self hating gay boy; and you sir, are a shitty individual.

Posted by: B | Jul 1, 2010 10:36:28 PM

23. Between Chuck Colson and this there has got to be a happy medium. Please find it.

Posted by: David | Jul 1, 2010 10:43:39 PM

24. This is exactly the type of fabulousness I am analyzing in my new blog,

www.mygayrant.com

Why is the only representation of homosexuality in media so glittery and fierce. This always made me think I was the only "normal" gay, but I know there are so many others like me who see there sexual orientation as a simple facet of their existence (like hair color or another innate, unchangable part of one's being) ^_^

Posted by: Gay Rant | Jul 1, 2010 11:29:48 PM

25. COME on! Whatever! There are all types of fags. Just cause they aren't your ideal?? I'm starting to really wonder about todays gays...they are very opinionated and this isn't good. Kind of scares me....

Posted by: wonderer | Jul 1, 2010 11:38:01 PM