Katy Perry | Lip Dub | News

Watch: Katy Perry's 'California Gays'

Gurls

Oh, stop pretending you didn't think there would be more of this.

Watch (complete with a NYC rumble), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wonderer: I don't think the mean ones commenting are todays gays (meaning younger).

Posted by: B | Jul 2, 2010 12:04:06 AM

2. WOW... somethin's seriously wrong w/ people. Surely "gay" people recognize that there are as many types of gays as grains of sand on the beach???

Whaddya care if a guy is super-gay? Odds are b/c he can't "pass" he's clearing the path thru society for you anyway.

What a bunch of pussies you guys are.
    Kudos to the big-Mo's; you make life WAY more fun! xo, s.

Posted by: stephen | Jul 2, 2010 12:26:56 AM

3. Not as funny as I was expecting...thought it'd be more of a parody than a sing-along (NY throw down was excellent though)

Posted by: Chris | Jul 2, 2010 12:37:49 AM

4. well made and fun!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: galore | Jul 2, 2010 12:40:46 AM

5. There really is no hope for the gays. They keep going deeper and deeper into this ridiculous sterotypical behavior. Guess what? It's not clever or attractive, and people just think you are pathetic.

Posted by: tyler | Jul 2, 2010 12:45:00 AM

6. BARF

Posted by: secure214 | Jul 2, 2010 12:45:52 AM

7. This is total shit. Take it away.

Posted by: virtualdespot | Jul 2, 2010 12:49:56 AM

8. hey, it's beach bottom bingo.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 2, 2010 12:52:59 AM

9. Why?

Posted by: Sean | Jul 2, 2010 12:57:03 AM

10. Crap like this makes me a little embarrassed to be gay.

Posted by: B | Jul 2, 2010 1:00:27 AM

11. holy shit that's bad.
    let's keep the posts entertaining please

Posted by: daryl | Jul 2, 2010 1:12:00 AM

12. wtf!?!?! gays can't have fun anymore? military guys are posting ke$ha and lady gaga lip-synched vids on youtube and they're getting millions of hits. yet, you delirious sissies have your manties in a knot over this? what the hell is wrong with this picture? i am losing all faith in the future of gaydom.

Posted by: nic | Jul 2, 2010 1:35:20 AM

13. Whoa whoa! Other 'B', please use a different name, maybe evil b since ur so damn pessimistic, and I would never!

Posted by: B | Jul 2, 2010 1:48:02 AM

14. I'm not sure why they're claiming to be from Cali...the one with "lifeguard" emblazoned on his ass is from Kansas...and Miss Thing thinks her shit don't stink

Posted by: Eric | Jul 2, 2010 1:57:11 AM

15. @ERIC,
    where does such bile come from? your liver must be ready to explode. and, "Miss Thing", really? the 80s called, bitch; they want their lame expressions back.

Posted by: nic | Jul 2, 2010 2:39:55 AM

16. Um, not all cali gays are simpering twinks. Pathetic.

Posted by: LG Wilson | Jul 2, 2010 5:14:13 AM

17. Andy, I can't watch it on my iPhone. Can't find it on YouTube too (on iPhone). Please help

Posted by: Alfred | Jul 2, 2010 6:08:01 AM

18. It's not a question of flamboyance, but just annoyance (I felt the same about the military Ke¢ha video . . . the Gaga one was just too bad to be terrible). There are so many ways to use camp and flamboyance that are actually funny and clever and subversive (see: Divine or Kiki and Herb).

The choice of song, choreography, etc. just felt tired and cliche.

Posted by: Alex | Jul 2, 2010 6:42:31 AM

19. Come on, guys... I'm really turned off by some of the judgmental comments here. We need to have a lot more respect for each other. This is just some innocent fun -- thought it was very creative.

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 2, 2010 7:18:51 AM

20. Wow, you expect straight people to accept us when we can't even accept our own?

Posted by: Chance | Jul 2, 2010 7:46:42 AM

21. I just threw up a lot!
    Grown men acting like 8-year-old girls! LOL! True and embarrassing. And no, I'm not a bitchy old queen or a grump.

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 2, 2010 8:39:42 AM

22. If you dudes are 'naturally' so butch and serious, that's your thing. Allow the guys who don't want to be like you be themselves too.

All this hate against effeminate guys is alarming. If you want to do good for the gay community and the gay cause but can't learn to respect (and maybe love?) the fact that we are not all the same, then you will only do harm.

I loathe Katy Perry too but let these guys have fun. Not all gay guys need or want to be so serious ALL of the time. Every gay person in this world can't be expected to live each day of their life as a perfect PR for your fascist idea of what being gay should be just so breeders will be okay with it.

We deserve equal rights whether we are butch or fem, serious or fun loving.

Posted by: Uluwehi | Jul 2, 2010 8:54:43 AM

23. "And no, I'm not a bitchy old queen or a grump."

Ummm, yeah, I think you are, dear. Sorry.

Posted by: stephen | Jul 2, 2010 8:56:20 AM

24. Omg I can't believe how many negative comments there are. What a bunch of bitter bitches! I thought that vid was awesome!!!! U can tell they put a lot of work into that. Great choreography great editing and a great lol showdown. It must suck for all u angry queens to have so much hatred in ur hearts. Oh well I loved it and Andy keep these type of posts comin they make me smile.

Posted by: Sean | Jul 2, 2010 9:08:13 AM

25. I really don't like these videos, but reading the responses of people who are stupid enough to believe that because we are seen as flamboyant we will never have rights, I think I would pick 100 more of these videos over giving an inch to any of those assholes saying that stuff.

Wonderer: I agree with your first paragraph totally. But I do think being opinionated is VERY good. The problem isn't with being opinionated, it's with some of these commenters' opinions.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 2, 2010 9:18:25 AM