Would you Drink your Beer Out of Dead Squirrel Road Kill?

Roadkill

What if it was the strongest beer in the world and costs upward of $1,000?

"This blond Belgian ale is infused with nettles from the Scottish Highlands and Fresh juniper berries. Only 12 bottles have been made and each comes with its own certificate and is presented in a stuffed stoat or grey squirrel. The striking packaging was created by a very talented taxidermist and all the animals used were road kill. This release is a limited run of 11 bottles, 7 stoats and 4 grey squirrels. Each ones comes with its own certificate of authenticity."

Comments

1. But what really puzzles me is why the art director would want a dirty ashtray in the photograph.

Posted by: TC | Jul 23, 2010 12:10:58 PM

2. Worse yet - beer served in a highball glass! Mon Dieu!

Posted by: Lead | Jul 23, 2010 12:19:52 PM

3. Creepyyyyyy!

Posted by: apernettt | Jul 23, 2010 12:27:13 PM

4. It's the strongest beer in the world at something like 51% so I don't think you'll be needing a pint glass for it.

Posted by: James | Jul 23, 2010 12:28:59 PM

5. Absolutely disgusting. Road kill or not, no animal deserves this kind of disrespect. Wonder if the people who buy it would like to be stuffed themselves. Karma-wise, I think they definitely deserve it.

Posted by: brian | Jul 23, 2010 12:32:46 PM

6. You should see the keg; they used a moose.

Posted by: Rad | Jul 23, 2010 12:35:17 PM

7. Speechless and disgusted. I'm going outside to hug a squirrel now.

Posted by: my two cents | Jul 23, 2010 12:42:26 PM

8. All kinds of wrong. What if they'd used dolphins coated in BP oil? Actually, that might be a good idea, you could light them up like a candle after downing the beer...

Posted by: Chris | Jul 23, 2010 12:44:21 PM

9. I agree with Brian. I eat meat and would happily wear fur, but I like to think that I still respect animals.

Posted by: Eric26 | Jul 23, 2010 12:56:06 PM

10. We are a savage species of mammals. Anyone that thinks differently is suffering from delusions.

Were someone to offer me one one of these squirrel-cozied ultra-strong absurdly priced beers... I'd most certainly savor the experience.

... no need for a glass to pour it in. ;)

Posted by: jexer | Jul 23, 2010 12:57:21 PM

11. Hey, people who smoke and drink are much more likely to get laid than those who do not...as well as cancer and heart disease...and if you drink alcoholically, cirrhosis.

This looks awful, and it's flavored "beer"...disgusting. I have no problem with the packaging if it is, actually, roadkill...because it doesn't matter (can't suffer, doesn't matter). I wouldn't have any problem if it were humans who had died of "natural" causes, either. There really isn't an argument against it either than it offends your "taste"...and that's not a moral argument. now if they killed the squirrels for the purpose of turning them into bottle holders, that would be wrong.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 23, 2010 1:07:53 PM

12. It actually looks like a joke. If it is real then it must be fortified with distillate because you cannot achieve anything approaching 50% alcohol from fermentation alone, the yeast dies at under 20%

Posted by: Tone | Jul 23, 2010 1:11:40 PM

13. I hope El Rushbo tries to sit on one.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 23, 2010 1:13:50 PM

14. The Situation in turtleneck photo below and this item about the alcohol in taxidermied squirrels both also have appeared on www.brobible.com.

Is it summer time or is there a homogenization of media going on?

Now that I think about it, I guess the two websites have the same demographic, but one is more closeted.

Posted by: Chad | Jul 23, 2010 1:23:14 PM

15. No that's just perversion. Not a hobby!

Posted by: SSCHIEFRSHA | Jul 23, 2010 3:43:27 PM

16. Man…
    Check out: What beer you drink?
    Create your beer shelf and tweet it to your friends!!!!

Posted by: Graziela | Oct 23, 2010 10:36:34 PM