Ann Coulter | GOProud | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Conservative Site WorldNetDaily Drops Ann Coulter Over Homocon

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter has been dumped as keynote speaker at wingnut rag World Net Daily's "Taking America Back National Conference" because of her decision to speak at Homocon, a party being thrown in late September by gay Republican group GOProud.

HomoconSaid WingNutDaily's founder Joseph Farah to Coulter: "Do you not understand you are legitimizing a group that is fighting for same-sex marriage and open homosexuality in the military – not to mention the idea that sodomy is just an alternate lifestyle?"

Replied Coulter: "That's silly, I speak to a lot of groups and do not endorse them. I speak at Harvard and I certainly don't endorse their views. I've spoken to Democratic groups and liberal Republican groups that loooove abortion. The main thing I do is speak on college campuses, which is about the equivalent of speaking at an al-Qaida conference. I'm sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences. But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to. I was going to speak for you guys, I think you're nuts on the birther thing (though I like you otherwise!)."

The decision to cut Coulter, according to Farah, was "gut-wrenching."

Said GOProud's Board Chairman Christopher Barron earlier this month, regarding the decision to host Coulter: "I can’t think of any conservative more fun to headline our inaugural party then the self-professed ‘right-wing Judy Garland’ – Ann Coulter....I can promise you, Homocon 2010 will be a hell of a lot more fun than chaining yourself to the White House fence."

Comments

1. Interesting. So Coulter is essentially stating she is for sale and will speak at any venue, even if she endorses their cause or not. I've always thought Ann Coulter isn't as conservative as she plays herself out to be, she's a very shrewd business woman who has tapped into a lucrative demographic: conservatism. I've seen some footage of her off camera on YouTube in which is has all but admitted that on social issues she's more liberal than she maintains in public. Money talks and b.s. walks.

Posted by: Cory | Aug 18, 2010 1:19:55 PM

2. "I can promise you, Homocon 2010 will be a hell of a lot more fun than chaining yourself to the White House fence."

Replace "fun" with "reductive" and you've got yourself a winner!

Posted by: Johnnie B | Aug 18, 2010 1:20:49 PM

3. Homocon? The name seems rather appropriate if you take the suffix "con" in the sense of "con game."

Posted by: candideinnc | Aug 18, 2010 1:30:22 PM

4. Why does World Net Daily hate Capitalism and hate America?

Posted by: AG | Aug 18, 2010 1:31:02 PM

5. lol omg what a mess it is to be a gay republican,lol they dont get it ,the party doesnt want them...even miss(ehm) ann coulter who they defended doesnt like that they are gay hahahahaha ohhh that party and its loons (where is the logic in being a gay repub??)are a joke

Posted by: sal | Aug 18, 2010 1:32:04 PM

6. republican vision is one with gays in their perfect all american world????hahahahahahahaha ohhh silly sad SADDDDDDD gay republicans livin in a drea...shit i cant even say you livin in a dream world more like a RIDICULOUS BLIND TRAGIC world,what kinda potent self hate makes a person join a party that thinks they are an abomination?

Posted by: sal | Aug 18, 2010 1:38:59 PM

7. The Coulter/Garland comparison is just too bizarre for words.

Posted by: David R. | Aug 18, 2010 1:42:17 PM

8. Apparently Barron not only hates himself for being gay, he hates grammar. He used "then" instead of "than". Pet peeve!!

Posted by: Wendell | Aug 18, 2010 1:49:47 PM

9. I'd be willing to bet a whole bunch of money that Coulter doesn't believe 90%+ of the stuff she spews. She is an entertainer, first and foremost. And I think GOProud has caught onto that.

The people who take her seriously are far more frightening than she herself is.

Posted by: Jack | Aug 18, 2010 2:00:23 PM

10. ....If there is a god, please just kill me now...we currently exist in a ridiculously bizzaro instantaneous info world where everything is jumping the shark every minute of everyday...*sigh* Someone: make it stop....

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Aug 18, 2010 2:03:55 PM

11. Coulter or not, I'm perplexed by the whole concept of a convention called HomoCon put on by a bunch of self-loathing gays. WTF?

If it weren't so far away, I'd attend just to satisfy my curiosity.

Posted by: Zlick | Aug 18, 2010 2:17:04 PM

12. "The decision to cut Coulter, according to Farah, was "gut-wrenching."

I could cut her in a heartbeat.

Posted by: normadesmond | Aug 18, 2010 2:41:23 PM

13. Gay conservatives and republicans are people devoid of any morality or humanity. They disgust me at all levels and their mental illness whose symptoms include trying to fit in with a group of homophobic trailer trash red state republicans, is only a reflection of their lack of self respect. The funny thing is that most liberal gay activists can buy and sell these mental midgets a thousand times over but have not sold their soul to the devil. They really are disgusting as is the whore Ann-orexic Coultergeist. May Karma reach them all.

Posted by: Chad | Aug 18, 2010 3:23:00 PM

14. Thanks, Chad. Saved me some time today.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 18, 2010 3:26:11 PM

15. Someone please inform these conned homos that when you come out of the closet you're supposed to stop hating yourself. They need to walk back in, turn around and come out face forward.

Posted by: Phil | Aug 18, 2010 3:54:19 PM

16. Coulter is a whore who has no principles other than making money. When the TV camera red light goes on, her legs spread wide open. She is a disgusting, vile woman who has found a way to make money exploiting the fears of the stupid. GOProud should be ashamed of inviting her - but then, they align themselves with those who would like to see gay people dead, so anything they do is no surprise.

Posted by: Jim | Aug 18, 2010 4:14:50 PM

17. Coulter is an opportunist and a propagandist, and I think she detects that anti-gay rhetoric is not paying the conservative bills like it used to. She's actually very clever, and is jumping the sinking ship before it pulls her under.

To act as a devil's advocate for a minute, I don't have any major problem with gay conservatives. On most issues I've found gay men to be pretty conservative, and this is certainly true in Western Europe, where gays are more likely to vote for right wing parties. Gays tend to have more money than straight people, and will vote for the party that will protect that money. The left wing parties in Europe (in particular the radical socialist parties) have also aligned themselves with Islamists, who are extremely anti-gay, so it makes sense gays would vote for their self-interest in this matter.

And to be honest, there's something very ghetto-like about gays only voting for the Democrats. As it is, the Democrats are very poor themselves on gay rights, and see gays as a source of loyalty and cash in urban areas, and not much more. The Democratic leadership knows they don't have to take any big risks, or expend political capital on gay rights, because they know us gays have no choice but to keep voting for them. The Republicans are just so awful, it's unthinkable. If the progressive Democrats do expend capital on gay rights, that means the progressives will have to cut deals with moderate Republicans and conservative Democrats (like providing some fat pork for their districts in return), while not gaining any new votes. In other words, with the political alignment we have now, gay rights is a big loser. The Democrats have nothing to gain (no new votes, no new funding), but they do have something to lose (political capital).

Politics isn't about doing the right thing! It isn't about the idealistic stuff the politicians preach in public. It's about raw power and the distribution and exercise of it. Until the Republican Party is moderated on gay rights -- which is what Log Cabin and GOProud are attempting to do -- we won't see significant change, in my opinion. Good for them.

Posted by: Xtabentun | Aug 18, 2010 5:40:15 PM

18. Let's take a moment to remember GOProud's earlier statement on the event:

"The gay left has done their best to take all the fun out of politics, with their endless list of boycotts and protests. Homocon is going to be our annual effort to counter the ‘no fun police’ on the left."

Here's your object lesson, GOProud. Things can't just be mindlessly fun so long as there are people like your friends at WorldNet Daily around treating you like a pariah. Boycotts and protests are not solely the weapons of the left.

Posted by: Andrew W | Aug 18, 2010 8:17:39 PM

19. Farah is a filthy cunt. I'd punch his fucking lights out if I ever met him.

Colter has a most foul personality. I don't see why anyone no matter their politics would want to sit through one of her speeches.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 18, 2010 11:55:35 PM

20. ratbastard

Id punch your guts out if I ever met you as well.

Posted by: robert | Aug 19, 2010 1:46:26 AM

21. Would you, robert? Would you punch his guts out if you ever met him? Would you know if it were him you were punching and not some complete stranger that you mistook for him? That'd be awkward, wouldn't it? Oh yes, it's very awkward. I dunno if you would. See, I think you'd hesitate...balk...that is to say, I think you lack the spine, the chutzpah even, to go through with your threat. What would you do if I were to punch you so hard that you cried like a small child and pissed blood, though not in that order? Would you be in pain? Yes. Would that feel good? No.

As to this, I really feel awful for ann coulter...that she was dropped by wingnut daily...she didn't deserve that! She's just as repulsive as she's ever been, and hates gay people just as much as the loons on wingnut daily or the gays homocon hate gay people. I defy the loons on wingnut daily to out gay hate Ann Coulter. In fact, she's showing up to homocon to gay bash...she's bringing weapons, and was told to do so by the organizers...and she intends to use them on gay people because they're gay...and the gays homocon will gladly sacrifice their health and well being for her to do this...in fact, they paid money for the privilege of being gay bashed by Ann. She should challenge Joseph Farah to a hate off. No holds barred caged hate off.

Posted by: TANK | Aug 19, 2010 2:01:27 AM

22. Now, to keep things "fair and balanced" as farah sees the world (well, extremey poorly as he does have awful eyesight), he shouldn't be allowed to bring his hoverround scooter into the ring with him. He's half a man, but according to him, even a quarter man is worth more than a whole woman, and in light of his contempt for the american's with disabilities act, it shouldn't stop him from bringing the holy hatred. LET'S GET READY TO HATE!

Posted by: TANK | Aug 19, 2010 2:13:03 AM

23. Xtabentun the image of the republican party is one of conservative values,democrats have a more progressive or they are allowed to be more progressive,there's the difference,those bible thumpers are going by who???republicans!!" there's something very ghetto-like about gays only voting for the Democrats"what the hell does that mean "ghetto"so should we vote for a party that un apologetically calls gay an abomination??yup nice logic there,sippin on some self hate makes it seem ok huh pal?"Until the Republican Party is moderated on gay rights -- which is what Log Cabin and GOProud are attempting to do"yeahhh not gonna happen with these self hating gays at the helm

Posted by: sal | Aug 19, 2010 2:40:32 AM

24. ratbastard

Id punch your guts out if I ever met you as well.

POSTED BY: ROBERT | AUG 19, 2010 1:46:26 AM

_______________________________________

Fuck you. Grow the fuck up,baby.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 19, 2010 3:27:00 PM

25. All the 'Radicals' and 'Progressives' hate just as much as wingnut conservatives. You're all a bunch of big fucking intolerant babies. This society if in the grip of totalitarian neo-fascist 'Progressives' and 'Conservatives'. You both suck. Period. Full stop.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 19, 2010 3:31:58 PM