Eminem | Music Video | Rihanna

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Eminem And Rihanna's Video For 'Love The Way You Lie'

Re
A great song and an even better music video with a powerful message about domestic violence. Rihanna, who was abused by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown in 2009, decided to collaborate on the song because "it was something that needed to be done."

The Joseph Kahn-directed (He also did Kylie's "All The Lovers") video stars Megan Fox and Dominic Monaghan. Fox generously donated her paycheck for the shoot to a women's abuse shelter.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I have no plans to support anything Eminem does. Ever. He not only promotes hatred and violence towards gays but also women. I have no time for that hypocrite. And if he changes his tune becuase his hatred becomes unfashionable, it in no ways excuses that he did it when he could get away with it.

Disappointed Towleroad is promoting this guy.

Posted by: fern | Aug 8, 2010 10:31:23 PM

2. Fuck Eminem. He's still a piece of shit homophobe. The only reason he "endorses" gay marriage is because that's the hip thing to do. I will never like him. He's phony. And you are all pussies for letting him off the hook.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 8, 2010 10:54:48 PM

3. I totally relate to this video. Thankfully, my situation never escalated to violence but it was abuse nonetheless. Yes, Eminem hurt a lot of people. He's now making amends as part of his 'Recovery.' I work with addicts & I'm glad he's got an outlet for this. Hopefully, he won't be making another 'Relapse' cd.

Posted by: scar2 | Aug 8, 2010 11:11:11 PM

4. Just noticed Eminem & Megan Fox r both wearing 'wife-beaters.'

Posted by: scar2 | Aug 8, 2010 11:12:07 PM

5. Not a fan

Posted by: beegee | Aug 8, 2010 11:19:19 PM

6. This is a great song and has a great message; just because someone once may have held homophobic or bigoted views doesn't mean they cant change.

So were never to accept someone who makes amends and wants to be open minded now?

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 8, 2010 11:20:01 PM

7. Agree Brian, if we want people to change, we have to believe the are capable of it, otherwise, we can't move the dialogue forward.

And great song and video too.

Posted by: RONTEX | Aug 8, 2010 11:38:12 PM

8. This is almost the equivalent of Maggie Gallimonster coming out in favor of gay marriage. It doesn't excuse what the bitch has done.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 9, 2010 12:09:40 AM

9. As with Madonna, Elton and other in the "entertainment" world...these artists will change as public opinion changes...but more importantly it is all about the money, reaching a wider audience and we "homosexuals" are part of this equation...

Posted by: True Words | Aug 9, 2010 12:19:22 AM

10. Consider it like an apology for what they done by changing their mind on the subject. They could easily continue to preach hate, OR they can at least preach equality with a scarred past. What would you people like?

Posted by: Robert | Aug 9, 2010 12:19:23 AM

11. I hate Eminem like I hate Mel Gibson, but there is no denying that both are artists, and good at what they do.

That said, there are other people I spend my money on. Eminem and Mel aren't getting a dime.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 9, 2010 12:54:52 AM

12. Uggh, it's really getting aggravating how the gay community always has a stick up it's ass 24/7.
    That being said, I do find it a bit funny that Rihanna decided to do a collaboration about domestic violence with a man who wrote a song about horrifically murdering his wife.
    That being said, if she didn't have a problem with it, why should I?

Posted by: Asher | Aug 9, 2010 1:03:39 AM

13. I respect Eminem's politics and his artistry. As far as I know, he's never adopted a right-wing position on anything and has even been game about playing along with the misconception that he's homophobic (remember his stunt with Bruno at some MTV awards show?). This is a good song, with a good message.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Aug 9, 2010 2:06:25 AM

14. I... don't think this video does anything but actually romanticize violent relationships? It's super sexualized.

Posted by: m | Aug 9, 2010 3:08:48 AM

15. How is this speaking out against domestic violence exactly?

Posted by: Bren | Aug 9, 2010 3:18:10 AM

16. I see a couple having a row, who shouldn't be together.That's it.I don't see an important message there . I agree with M and BREN. If it's to do anything against domestic violence, it's a miss. On top of that, I am fed up of Rihanna and her parading in every show to say she was abused, you can't really compare her story to a beaten wife who stay with a man because she's scared.Eminem, I'm not gonna even talk about him and find weird that one day you promote his video and the next you call him an homophobic bastard to boycott. Make up your mind!

Posted by: sebastien | Aug 9, 2010 4:23:38 AM

17. I think this video is appaling. It does nothing more than sexualise violent relationships. Have you listened to the lyrics she sings? I don't even understand how this video can be said to be AGAINST violence in relationships.
    Btw, Sebastien, you make some good points, but you loose me when you say that Rhianna parades her abuse about, she's avoided the subject for a long time and has addressed it only when pushed to, also I don't think you can judge how scared his violence made her.

Posted by: hoydengirl | Aug 9, 2010 6:26:31 AM

18. Well If some one gave me Herpes & not tell me
    I would most likely beat the bitch also

What you you do?- Oh Thank You for the gift!

Posted by: deen | Aug 9, 2010 8:08:06 AM

19. So I imagine that all of you sitting on your throwns have never, ever done anything you regret. And maybe not even regret, but once educated and enlightened, changed your point of view. Oh, how mighty you are - I bow down to your existence - you are so pure I'm not worthy to read your post. Shut the fuck up.

Eminem is a mega talent. I will support anyone who stands beside me - whether they have always done so or just joined the fight.

The video and song sends a clear message about domestic violence without even thinking about it. It's real, relevant and depicts exactly what a violent relationship (from both parties) feels like - continued abuse - time and again. Makes you think. The fact that Rihanna was the perfect choice for the song - makes it all that more of a believable story. Pure genius.

Posted by: JNJ | Aug 9, 2010 9:05:17 AM

20. I'm sorry, could someone link to this 'apology' from Eminem? I seriously must have missed it. He just last year singled out three openly gay celebrities to call faggots on his album (and yes, it even says 'faggots' in the lyric booklet)

I'm willing to forgive him if he's willing to actually acknowledge wrongdoing, but I haven't seen that. Link please. Don't act like I'm self righteous for expecting that, at the very least.

And btw, 50 cent is donating bone marrow to a cancer victim. Are you going to post that story because of its positive message? How about Mel Gibson's charity contributions?

I know its hard for some people to hold two thoughts at the same time, but I appreciate Eminem for giving a positive message when he does, and resent him for spreading awful messages when he does.

As for the song, its very meh IMO. Strictly from a musical perspective. But I'm not really into Eminem's style and Rihanna I have always found mediocre.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 9, 2010 9:30:10 AM

21. Just the mention of Megan Fox made me want to throw up. What is this poser bitch doing in the music industry?

Posted by: jason | Aug 9, 2010 9:41:51 AM

22. The homophobe Eminem with the hypocrite Rihanna. Both can take a hike.

Posted by: jason | Aug 9, 2010 9:43:38 AM

23. Any fag who likes or supports eminem is a hypocrite of the lowest order. I wish he'd get shot or something. Music is like candy...to get to the good part, you have to throw out the RAPPERS.

I remember when that piece of audio feces "without me" came out years ago and gay bars started playing it I would walk out of them an never go back. Total hypocrisy.

And rihanna is, and always will be, a complete no talent ass clown.

Posted by: Greenthumb55 | Aug 9, 2010 10:00:28 AM

24. @GREENTHUMB55 A no talent ass clown? What the hell have you done that's so important? Oh that's right, NOTHING! #sit your ass DOWN.

Posted by: drake onian | Aug 9, 2010 11:49:50 AM

25. Just wondering what some of the people defending Eminem see as the message of this video?

After one quick viewing, to me, this is a glorification of macho bullshit and perpetuates the notion that men have a right to think of women as possessions. And that women like it that way. ("I like the way you lie.")

Ugh.