Glenn Beck | News | Tea Party | Teabagger | Washington DC

Watch: Teabaggers at Glenn Beck's Rally Interviewed

Restoringhonor

New Left Media chats with teabaggers at Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally about mosques, Obama, immigration, etc.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Beck has launched a news and opinion website called The Blaze, which went live overnight.

Said Beck in a message: "If you are like me, watching the news or reading the paper can be an exercise in exasperation. It’s so hard to find a place that helps me make sense of the world I see. Too many important stories are overlooked. And too many times we see mainstream media outlets distorting facts to fit rigid agendas. ...We’ll examine our culture, deal with matters of faith and family, and we won’t be afraid of a history lesson. The image of flame is a powerful. It has long stood for a burning truth. A truth that is not consumed. The Blaze will pursue truth. Of course we will make mistakes. Honest mistakes. And we’ll be quick with corrections. We intend to earn your trust and keep it day in and day out with hard work and a lot of transparency. And don’t expect everything to be deadly serious. Boring is bad. We intend to have plenty of fun."

Comments

1. I can't imagine why people follow this man, who has no college education, yet teaches a history lesson of the world with distorted facts. Shameful.

Posted by: Zoni | Aug 31, 2010 9:25:59 AM

2. Chase and Erik do such a great job with these interviews. I don't know how they interview these people without bursting out in laughter. Wow.

Posted by: Clay | Aug 31, 2010 9:30:19 AM

3. "The image of flame is a powerful. It has long stood for a burning truth."... The image of flame also stood for burning crosses and bigotry you fucking idiot... I cannot believe this man is allowed to have such a wide platform.

Posted by: orbit319 | Aug 31, 2010 9:36:07 AM

4. I have to say these people remind me that of the idiot relatives I no longer speak to.

Everyone has them.

America the last bastion of hope ... how scary a world they live in their heads.

Posted by: Walter T | Aug 31, 2010 9:37:44 AM

5. Since WHEN is America an all white, CHRISTIAN country?!? Anyone see a minority in this crowd? And take back the country?? From WHO?!!

Racism. That's what this is.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Posted by: Jeff R. | Aug 31, 2010 9:50:39 AM

6. "A truth that is not consumed", yeah, that pretty much sums up these people's relationship with truth

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 31, 2010 10:02:42 AM

7. They have very selective memories about what Glen Beck has said. Odd that none of them appear to remember him calling Barack Obama a racist.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 31, 2010 10:22:58 AM

8. I have never seen so many fat people in my life!

Posted by: AlexM | Aug 31, 2010 10:29:44 AM

9. i really hope he's hand picking the dumbest

Posted by: jgm22 | Aug 31, 2010 10:33:51 AM

10. this is a good example of how people form opinions with no facts. they were unable to give examples. and facts won't change their minds. they are scary.

Posted by: chuck | Aug 31, 2010 10:50:41 AM

11. I remember a time when anybody who used the Stars and Stripes as clothing was arrested. That was in the faraway 60s and the intent was to show contempt for the government. I don't think any of these folks even think about what it means to use it except to wave it on sticks to beat down whoever they hate. I've never thought a flag itself was sacred, but I'm amazed at how casually the most atrocious people casually drape it on their grotesque bodies.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Aug 31, 2010 10:53:43 AM

12. ...yes, but, unfortunately, these are the individuals who will vote come November....while some of [us] liberals would be drinking lattes and driving our Volvo's!.....I actually drive a Range Rover...!

Posted by: Brains | Aug 31, 2010 11:23:24 AM

13. To paraphrase Dean Wormer in the American classic "Animal House' " ...fat, dumb and ill-informed is no way to go through lfe..." yet some people choose to go through life this way, amazing

Posted by: jerry | Aug 31, 2010 11:30:42 AM

14. It seems like Beck wants to put this country through some sort of trial by fire.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 31, 2010 12:18:04 PM

15. My IQ dropped five points by just watching that.

Shouldn't this rally be in the Guiness Book of World Records for having the most stupid people in one place at one time?

Posted by: Bart | Aug 31, 2010 12:19:32 PM

16. Conservatism has long been about exploiting the fear of the "other" - gays, foreigners, Muslims, etc. No one in the party would encourage anyone to learn about how similar we all are - it would just remove their ability to drive people to the polls out of fear.

But what I'm most amazed at the engineering of the folding bag chairs - who knew they had such high weight tolerances.

Posted by: Steve | Aug 31, 2010 12:31:14 PM

17. All this talk of "The Blaze" and Glenn Beck discouraging media discourse has caused my comment to meander dangerously close to Godwin's Law.

Posted by: Griff | Aug 31, 2010 12:43:27 PM

18. After watching the entire set of interviews, it really is hard to believe that these people are so stupid that they can't even remember the talking points, let along regurgitate them on demand. And forget about coherency.

Is it time for a test of intelligence prior to allowing some people in the voting booth?

Posted by: Jamie | Aug 31, 2010 1:03:07 PM

19. These people don't speak for america, to reiterate. These aren't the majority or even a sizable minority. These are fringe ignorant fools (astro turf) who are an increasingly radical, marginal minority who are taking down the republican party. Unfortunately, the worst of us is how we're defined and perceived around the world... These people are shamefully stupid. They are proof that in america could you can go through life with a fourth grade education and a room temperature IQ and not die from exposure and starvation. It's a part of our greatness...and we still have the largest economy in the world.

Posted by: TANK | Aug 31, 2010 1:32:17 PM

20. McCarthy comes to mind every time I hear these idiots talk about Communism and Socialism. I now understand why America doesn't put more energy/money into education ... it helps promote the level of ignorance needed to keep the current political discourse at the level of bleating sheep.

Posted by: DillonS | Aug 31, 2010 1:33:20 PM

21. How sad, I could barely understand what the hell they were trying to say. They ALL basically said the same exact thing, they're just Glen Beck's parrots and they can't even formulate a response with solid arguments. I can't take people like this seriously. They need to get off their fat asses and go read some real information. And reading a Glen beck book does not count.

Posted by: JJ | Aug 31, 2010 1:35:21 PM

22. I love the interviews that Chase and New Left Media conduct at these "conservative" gatherings. Straightforward, no smirking, no roll of the eyes, no winks at the camera. Chase asks the questions and lets the people answer, with no commentary other than an occasional comment or follow-up question.

Thus, watching this video segment gives a clear example of who is causing the downfall of American society. It is these very people who are supposedly "restoring honor" to America.

One would hope that these people might see this video clip, particularly the part where some of the interviewees expressed doubt and surprise that Glenn Beck called our president "a racist... with a deep-seated hatred of white people and white culture".

That one of the interviewees was ready to walk away because he "knew" that Beck would never say anything like that shows the shallow intellect these people possess and deep ignorance that they willingly wallow in.

It's frightening. It gives one pause. These are the people who think our country needs to be "restored". They vote. They procreate. Obviously, they also enjoy the "all you can eat" buffets at Boston Market.

They just might restore the Republicans to power this year.

Get your passports ready.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 31, 2010 2:26:43 PM

23. While watching this, my eyes rolled back into my head or glazed over a few times.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 31, 2010 3:23:51 PM

24. They are like characters from a Stephen King novel- scary very scary....

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 31, 2010 6:39:18 PM

25. I don't watch Beck, and I wasn't really interested in this rally, so maybe some of you enlightened harbingers of truth can help me out here.

Please list an exact Beck quote from the rally that was racist, and then explain why it was racist.

Any takers?

(Cue the predictable ad hominem attack...)

Posted by: Max | Aug 31, 2010 10:54:25 PM