Atlanta | Baptist | Eddie Long | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Georgia | News

Anti-Gay Pastor Eddie Long Hit with Third Lawsuit Claiming He Coerced a Young Man into Having Sex

Eddielong

This morning I posted about Atlanta megachurch pastor Eddie Long and the lawsuits charging him with coercing male church members and employees into having sex.

Now there's a third:

"According to the lawsuit filed today in DeKalb County, Long welcomed Jamal Parris, who was 14 years old at the time, into his circle of 'Spiritual Sons.' Long allegedly lavished gifts on the small, intimate group of young male parishioners who'd entered into a "covenant" with the pastor. Much like the other lawsuits, Long is accused of using his spiritual position and scripture to defend the alleged sexual encounters. The relationship turned sexual after 2004, the lawsuit claims, when Parris, who by then was 17 and had started working at New Birth as Long's personal assistant, accompanied the pastor on trips across the country in the church's private plane and made private visits to his DeKalb County guesthouse and living area at the megachurch. According to the suit, in 2009, Parris — whom Long allegedly encouraged to call him 'Daddy' — started a relationship with a girlfriend, distanced himself from the pastor, and ultimately left the church."

A copy of the Parris complaint here (PDF).

Long has so far denied the allegations and is holding a news conference Thursday morning.

Comments

1. "Daddy"???. Dirty, old man perving on young
    men.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 22, 2010 6:07:36 PM

2. he's yummy though, in a BBC kinda way.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 22, 2010 6:24:57 PM

3. he's gross in predatory, hypocritical, republican, "christian", psychopath kinda way

Posted by: r | Sep 22, 2010 6:27:23 PM

4. Agreed, R...that wasn't me.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 22, 2010 6:28:18 PM

5. Shocking.. Just Shocking.. Ha, ha ha... All the while he was preaching a homo-hating doctrine... The bigger the homo-hater the bigger the homo. Fred Phelps has got to be into fisting.

Posted by: Dave | Sep 22, 2010 6:30:58 PM

6. The Devil Made Him Do It!

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 22, 2010 6:48:19 PM

7. if u read the whole thing he took these boys to meet tyler perry

I want to hear more about that, the big closet case

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Sep 22, 2010 7:55:27 PM

8. You have to wonder what his congregation paid him. And what he paid his boys.

Posted by: bkmn | Sep 22, 2010 8:16:16 PM

9. Get a big mill stone, put it around his neck and throw him into the sea, just like his bible says should happen to him.

Posted by: Tone | Sep 22, 2010 8:19:52 PM

10. Daddy Long is a hot piece of meat. I'd love to join his religion.

Posted by: Tank | Sep 22, 2010 8:40:13 PM

11. Yawn. He'll deny deny deny until he can't lie any more, then he'll break down in public and beg, BEG I TELL YOU, for the Lord's forgiveness. He'll disappear for a while, come back saying the Lord cleansed him of his sins and he is ready to be righteous again, Amen.

It's so fucking predictable, it's absurd. Dreary bible-thumper hucksters.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Sep 22, 2010 10:57:04 PM

12. That News Conference on Thursday should be one hell of a very good piece of theater.

Hey, how ya' sleepin' tonight, "Bishop"?

Posted by: david026257 | Sep 22, 2010 11:20:17 PM

13. reverend just wanted to be a father figure to those young roughnecks. lord works in mysterious ways.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 23, 2010 12:37:29 AM

14. even if he deny it , he won't get away with it , what is funny is that all of this people blame the devil or somebody else but themselves,by the way he is straight so he was doing all the fucking and was showing how to bottom

Posted by: josepe | Sep 23, 2010 12:58:56 AM

15. Prepare for this comment section to get bombarded by a deluge of church nnnnnnnnnnnnneanderthals, defending him while blaming and insulting gays with their vitriol and lies. Shhhh, you can hear them thinking...

Posted by: TANK | Sep 23, 2010 1:17:14 AM

16. Great story on this from Steve Osunsami, from ABC here:

Posted by: Jlem | Sep 23, 2010 1:50:50 AM

17. "I am a member of his church. He is a man of the cloth. A man of God.

He is not a bad man. He's against homo's because ... well you know the old testament. We ignore the rest of the stuff that affect us. How convenient, right. well ...

Anyway, the pastor is a good man. He took me to various wonderful places in Europe. My gosh, that's better than Disneyland! He bought me clothes, and he sent me photos of himself in a tank top to show me how to dress as I became a hot young man.

I mean it's not like he paid money to a prostitute who does crystal meth like that white pastor. No siree! The pastor help us guys.

So he is not guilty. He's only guilty about 'teaching' us about sex. Yeah, that's it! He was teaching us. I mean we don't have any fathers, so he was being helpful. Sure he touched our dirty parts, but like I said it was part of the 'lesson'.

The pastor is NOT guilty of anything other than being a kind good Christian man who taught the men (girls are messy) about the birds and the bees. Is that so wrong!"

;-)

Posted by: FunMe | Sep 23, 2010 2:01:23 AM

18. Negroes are sooooooooooooooooooooo hilarous! They should be zoos

Posted by: Chris | Sep 23, 2010 3:14:36 AM

19. Hey Guys, just want you to know that sometimes my other personalities get to have a say on the comment page.
    My therapist advised me to lay off the medication,so sometimes my comments might be off.
    I just don't know who I am anymore, but im getting better.. hugs everyone :)

Posted by: TANK | Sep 23, 2010 5:33:50 AM

20. Excuse me Chris for pointing out that your remarks are well out of order to say the least.

Anyhow, just how is this "Bishop" going to explain the muscle shirt photos ?

Posted by: arch | Sep 23, 2010 6:17:37 AM

21. Religious hypocrite! Hey it's OK, he's straight and a preacher. He's not one of those homo-sexuals, that his kind condemns to Hell all the time.

Posted by: GaryJ | Sep 23, 2010 11:30:14 AM

22. Daddy!?!? LOL

I'd give most anything to hear a sound bite of Rev "Long" saying "Come here BOY, I've got some of God's love for you right here"

Maybe Jamal will take the stand and act it all out as well for everyone. That would be so poetically just.

Posted by: Pup | Sep 23, 2010 1:51:12 PM

23. Daddy!?!? LOL

Posted by: Pup | Sep 23, 2010 1:54:01 PM

24. Mediatakeout.com has a suicide note Jamal wrote.

Posted by: Kim | Sep 23, 2010 2:27:44 PM

25. If this not true you will answer to GOD for this.But if it is he will answer for his wrong doing.So you better keep your hands and mouth off of GODS MAN.Let GOD be the jugde.

Posted by: love | Sep 24, 2010 7:51:53 PM