Christine O'Donnell | Delaware | News | Republican Party | Tea Party | Teabagger

Christine O'Donnell: Homosexuality 'is an Identity Disorder'

Odonnell

Think Progress reports on more unspooling of Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell's anti-gay positions:

"O’Donnell has said she “cannot understand” why gay people are offended by homosexuality being called a 'deviant sexual orientation,' and has claimed that gay people are 'attacking the very center of what is America — freedom to have different views.' But in a 2006 quote uncovered by the Washington Post’s Greg Sargent, O’Donnell took an even harsher stance: 'People are created in God’s image. Homosexuality is an identity adopted through societal factors. It’s an identity disorder.'"

O'Donnell spoke over the weekend at the Values Voters Summit.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Yes, wic-can!

Put her away for campaign finance fraud already!

Posted by: Martin | Sep 21, 2010 7:07:44 AM

2. She's a loon even by Sarah Palin standards and is not going to win...which will make both the Democratic and Republican establishment happy.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 21, 2010 7:15:03 AM

3. Clever choice for a picture, Andy! Looks like Ms O'Donnell is promoting herself as a model for an inflatable sex doll. Although why any man would want to put his penis in _that_ mouth is a question.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Sep 21, 2010 7:34:20 AM

4. Who died and made her god? Anyway, evidently she has not read anything the American Psychiatric Society has published.

Posted by: queenzafrona | Sep 21, 2010 8:47:44 AM

5. @SULLY: I don't think O'Donnell is particularly an American aberration; after all it was Ratzinger who pronounced us "disordered"........these crazies are everywhere and it's up to us to call them out each and every time they come out with their homophobic bigotry.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 21, 2010 9:02:31 AM

6. Christine O'Donnell is stupid. Period. Why give her this much print? We all know she's an embarrassing idiot. Stop writing about the dumb bitch, she doesn't deserve it.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 21, 2010 9:09:11 AM

7. Just get rid of her! I don't care how!

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 21, 2010 11:33:49 AM

8. The Sally Kern of De. She's not going to win.

Posted by: anon | Sep 21, 2010 12:01:17 PM

9. What a douche!

Posted by: Victor | Sep 21, 2010 12:04:54 PM

10. You know what just absolutely cracks me up? All these crazies and fundies that say that we must've 'picked up' our gayness from society, or not being loved enough by our parents, or not going to church...hmm, well what does this make me Christine? I grew up in a wonderful, loving house with great parents that went above and beyond for us kids, took us to church and I also participated in youth and young adult groups at church and went to bible study every week, and I didn't even know what a gay person was until my junior year of high school. Hell, I had to ask my friends what the term 'faggot' meant. Yet from the age of 4 I have known that I was different because I liked other little girls. Hmm, psychoanalyze me please, I'm begging you. Come on, I'd love to hear your reason my for my 'identity disorder'. HA!

Posted by: Jes | Sep 21, 2010 12:48:28 PM

11. And again I'd ask GOProud, the Log Cabin Republicans, Ken Melhman, Mary Cheney, and all the rest of the gay Republicans to explain how it is that they are changing their party from the inside? The Democrats might not be doing anything FOR us but they sure as hell aren't doing anything TO us. And please folks if you don't believe that the teabaggers hate gay people just go to one of their rallies - it takes a very few minutes to see that their agenda doesn't include ANYONE who isn't just like them.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 21, 2010 4:49:15 PM

12. but dating warlocks is normal then i am glad im crazy and gay

Posted by: walter | Sep 21, 2010 6:21:50 PM

13. @ JackFknTwist, True but to be honest the republican party and the hold christianity has on America at present really scares me and ithink its something that needs to be addressed before the world ends up with another Bush. I used to believe that over time people would become more enlightened but it seems as though the world is regressing

Posted by: Sully | Sep 23, 2010 6:21:46 AM