Montana | News | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Montana Tea Party President Condones Violence Against Gays in Facebook Post Supporting Traditional Marriage

Ravndal

This seems to have been posted in late July, but several people have brought it to my attention today. Tim Ravndal, the President of Montana's Big Sky Tea Party Association, expressed his views that marriage should be between a man and a woman in a Facebook posting. The post was in response to an ACLU lawsuit in Montana brought by seven gay couples who want to get married.

Then Ravndal expressed support for a commenter who (in apparent reference to the Matthew Shepard murder) said, "I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions."

Answered Ravndal: "Where can I get that Wyoming printed instruction manual?"

In related news, the Montana GOP Platform calls for making homosexual acts illegal.

Comments

1. What's great is that clearly he would support your 2nd Amendment right to bear arms...he should watch his mouth of one of the fruitcakes my decide to assert that right.

He's a disgrace to WWII veterans, including my late grandfather who served in the Navy and who was proud of all of his grandchildren, gay or otherwise.

Posted by: Tyler | Sep 3, 2010 2:12:38 PM

2. In his statement to me on Facebook, DS: "Navy use to offer free swimming lessons mid- pacific." He seems to be admitting that he has personal knowledge of or participated in the murder of suspected or gay United States Navy personnel.

Posted by: Dave | Sep 3, 2010 3:34:43 PM

3. This guy is some fossilized douchebag who in spite of hearing aid and walker, I would love to run into one day and break --er, I mean shake his hand.

And like many of you have pointed out, he IS the Republican party. Ken Melhman and the other self-loathers can come to grips with their little secret ("I'm not gay, I just like to get fucked by men") and come out, but they aren't the party. This fossilized douchebag is the face of the Republican party. They don't give a good healthy crap about liberty and justice for all, they care about the Republican party being exclusionary and neo-Christian Nazi. That's why all this "let's get cozy with the Republicans" is utter and dangerous bullshit.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 3, 2010 4:32:50 PM

4. I never understand why republicans and right wing activists have problems with gay marriage since according to the many embarassing situations that have come up for them, they have no problems with gay prostitutes...

People like this make me sick. I am a pacifist and I wish they could not provoke me to anger yet they do. It is so frustrating to try and find a way to allow them to simply reflect on another individuals life as if it were their own and then possibly find some understanding, some sense of respect.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Hopefully people will catch on through demonstration, co-operation, education and peaceful understanding...

hopefully

Posted by: apapertiger | Sep 4, 2010 6:52:41 AM

5. I am saddened and sickened by what was said by the Tea Party, I have a good friend who is a Tea Party activist, she was also sickened and saddened that no one from the Tea Party in Montana condemened his comments. I am also saddened by the lack of voices here in Montana that have remained complacent in letting these comments stand.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 4, 2010 4:54:04 PM

6. Hey, his name's there.

SPAM SPAM SPAM.

Because homophobia deserves spam. And not the delicious kind.

And decorative fruits are just plain boring.

Posted by: Ray | Sep 5, 2010 3:59:54 AM

7. What a terrifying world these little men live in, where the big bad lib'rals are out to remove by force their freedom of speech and simultaneously teach the next generation to be wussies that fear doing anything by force. Luckily it's not the United States.

Seriously. This is some seriously divorced-from-reality-stuff. I can imagine the guys who write this having crossed eyes and a lolling tongue, their innermost minds a tempest of fear, anger, and hatred toward an enemy that does not, has not, and will never exist. Then again, the same can be said for their biggest supporter...

Posted by: Rob | Sep 5, 2010 6:25:43 AM

8. This is what you'll get when you vote them in in Nov...

BEWARE CHULREN!

Posted by: SNOUSHA | Sep 5, 2010 11:58:22 AM

9. Somebody needs to blow up Dennis Scranton's Oxygen tank. I know he'll be dead in less than a decade, but that seems like a long time to wait for him to start roasting in hell.

Posted by: Di | Sep 5, 2010 3:20:21 PM

10. I am a Christian conservative who harbors a sentimental spot for the tea party movement. So, I feel honor bound to swing by and say that yes--this is just awful, shouldn't be tolerated, and ought to entail consequences. With things like that happening, I don't blame libs and moderates for fearing that the Tea Parties are the acceptable wedge of the unacceptable stuff.

Posted by: The Sanity Inspector | Sep 5, 2010 11:46:38 PM

11. Nobody's hanging gays...quit trying to find something to get upset over.

Posted by: Gus | Sep 6, 2010 12:35:45 PM

12. Actually you are completely wrong about that Gus. Just because you have your civil rights doesn't mean you should be willfully blind and stupid. Wake up and do some research.

Posted by: dg5592 | Sep 6, 2010 1:17:31 PM

13. Irony: Decrying homophobia by using the anti-gay slur "tea baggers." You guys on the left are so unbelievably clueless.

Posted by: Mike in PP | Sep 7, 2010 6:58:41 AM

14. Thanks for the blog. A spiritual awakening must be a reality for the Tea Party's influence to be lasting. It is not enough to change politicians, it is not enough to change our financial direction as a nation, we must return to the one who gave us the responsibility to experience freedom and that person is God.

Posted by: Arizona Life Insurance | Sep 20, 2010 2:41:07 PM