Betty Bowers | Film | Jude Law | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #726

MRS. BETTY BOWERS: Christian sex tape.

ROUGH SEAS: From inside the hull of the Pacific Sun cruise ship.

GAY DATING TIPS: From the characters of the new film Is It Just Me?

BACKIN-UP SONG: From Auto-Tune the News. "After the plot of 2 armed thieves is foiled by a brave store clerk, Diana of Kansas City excitedly recaps the fiasco in song, extolling the teachings of her father." Original here.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Regarding the film IS IT JUST ME? after watching the actors try to deliver their lines in as realistic a manner as their acting skill level will allow I must ask this question: is it just me or do all gay movies cast the most horrible actors EVER? I don't care if the guy is cute, if they can't act to save their lives then I'm not watching the movie, and this video just proved that the 2 "cute and sexy" guys SUCK at acting. Surprise.

Posted by: john | Sep 7, 2010 5:34:06 PM

2. Obviously not "all gay movies cast the most horrible actors EVER,"

Posted by: Mike | Sep 7, 2010 6:19:17 PM

3. The video for Is It Just Me was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen! Maybe I'm just smug and spoiled because I have a great boyfriend, but I don't remember dating EVER being that difficult... you meet a guy wherever - bar, online, party, etc. and go on a date. If things work out, good, if not, move on!

Posted by: allnighter | Sep 7, 2010 6:32:47 PM

4. Hmmm... a Sea-Bear on the cruise ship video. Would that be a "Walrus", guys?

Posted by: A. Beaverhausen | Sep 7, 2010 9:23:29 PM

5. Dear everyone, I saw "Is It Just Me?" at Frameline34 this year and I have to say, terrible acting, terrible story and screenplay. The actors were attractive; the cinematography was good, but jeeze it was boatload of stupid.

Posted by: Dan_Zam | Sep 7, 2010 10:19:26 PM

6. Does every film have to be "Inception" or "Brokeback Mountain?" Some of us just want mindless every once in a while.

Posted by: mad1026 | Sep 8, 2010 11:11:49 AM

7. @Mad1026 - There's a boatload of difference between "mindless" and "bad."

Posted by: Buster | Sep 8, 2010 8:40:46 PM