Adam Lambert | Bears | Jimmy Carter | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #736

BEAR CITY: Hirsute adventures chronicled in forthcoming film.

OPRAH AUTO-TUNED: We're going to Australia.

JIMMY CARTER: His appearance, and discussion of Obama, on The View.

JUICE BOXES: Make you gay.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I have to admit, that bear movie does look kinda funny. When does it come to the US?

Posted by: Dave | Sep 22, 2010 5:06:36 PM

2. that bear movie is all that is wrong with the 'bear' movement. snobbish physical clique, not so much apart from the fashionista twinks brigade. just another format.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 22, 2010 6:30:12 PM

3. Yeah...

Um, bears are snobbish and cliquey? I never noticed, because I don't notice bears. Fat and sloppy aren't pretty because it's a part of an identity.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 22, 2010 6:34:20 PM

4. Breathless assertions regarding juice boxes aside, sperm counts, testosterone levels and (ugh) genital size in males have been decreasing for three generations here in the US, probably because of estrogen emulators in the environment--hormones in meat and pesticides are the major suspects, not plastic additives.

Posted by: anon | Sep 22, 2010 9:11:45 PM

5. Given the rather terrible spate of waxing-utopian bear documentaries out there, it's nice to see that "Bear City" manages to cover more interesting narrative ground, or at least looks surprisingly funny.

Posted by: TomSkylark | Sep 22, 2010 9:32:21 PM

6. @TOMSKYLARK: did you really mean "WAXING-utopian"? :-)

It does look like it might be funny, and certainly different from the usual young boy coming of age and coming out that is a bit tired after a while. And some hot, real men too.

Posted by: David R. | Sep 22, 2010 11:38:29 PM

7. I'm surprised Jones isn't wearing a tinfoil hat.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 23, 2010 12:07:27 AM

8. @ANON,

talk to my huge cock.

Posted by: nic | Sep 23, 2010 5:53:18 AM

9. Actually the plastic linings of cans and juice boxes are known to contain harmful and untested chemicals, some of which are known to simulate estrogen and are therefore banned in some countries (but not ours). So the juice man may be a nut, but he IS right to be concerned.

If it makes more gay men, frankly I think that's a happy side-effect, for many reasons. But I think the real danger is in actual infertility and cancer.

Posted by: Randy | Sep 23, 2010 8:25:19 AM

10. Back in the mid-90's when Alex Jones was only known to those of us here in Austin, my roommate and I would, from time to time, watch his access channel show with the mute on. He was very cute back then and looked like a distressed puppy that you just wanted to scoop up and give a big hug to.

My favorite part about Alex is how much money he made in 1999. He hawked just about every possible disaster survival product (rations, shelters, guns, etc) you can imagine in advance of the end of the world, aka Y2K. "Fortunately" for Alex, 9/11 came along, which gave him new and more interesting things to talk about other than how the world did not end on 1/1/00.

Posted by: Anon in Austin | Sep 23, 2010 10:31:23 AM

11. Thank God for TLA Releasing. They are the foremost gay film distributing company in my book. "BearCity" looks like fun. Can't wait for November 16.

Posted by: mad1026 | Sep 23, 2010 2:32:26 PM