Dance | Donny Osmond | Mormon | News

Watch: Alan Osmond Says The Osmonds Brought in Chuck Norris to 'De-Feminize' Their Dance Moves

Osmond

Eldest Osmond brother Alan says in a new interview that the Osmond Brothers' dancing was too effeminate, so they brought in Chuck Norris, who basically taught them how to add karate-style moves to make it more manly.

Says Osmond: "Chuck, we need to toughen up our dance. Can you help us? And he said 'well let's learn some karate and you can apply the moves' cause there's stomps, and HOOO, YEAH. You know, it was very boyish, and that's what we wanted."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Check out some of their manly moves here (that karate chop at 0:21 says Chuck Norris to me):

Comments

1. Guess the Osmonds didn't know that Chuck Norris is a gay homophobe trapped in his closet of self-hate and self-denial.

Posted by: Chip | Sep 13, 2010 9:25:53 AM

2. My goodness, time and donuts have not been kind to Alan Osmond.

Posted by: Jimmy | Sep 13, 2010 9:33:33 AM

3. OMG SRSLY?! A Mormon family had homophobic panic about their dance moves? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

Posted by: BrianDoh | Sep 13, 2010 9:35:03 AM

4. http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/images/teensnow0373alanpu.jpg

Alan has some kind of illness - and should stop eating yes, hard to believe he was a sex symbol once :)

Posted by: tony x | Sep 13, 2010 9:47:30 AM

5. You mean to tell us their "magical undies" didn't help them "man-up". I am shocked-i tell you -shocked.

Posted by: Nick | Sep 13, 2010 10:02:37 AM

6. What is he even talking about? He looks too young to be rambling already...

P.S. I have never had the sincere pleasure of being exposed to the Osmonds before the additional ciip you posted below the interview: is there a verb that combines "vomit" with "laugh"? Vough, maybe? Because I just did that.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Sep 13, 2010 10:05:41 AM

7. P.P.S. Oh dear, Moroni, please save us all from these idiots.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Sep 13, 2010 10:06:39 AM

8. Well then, mission: accomplished. Not a bit gay. Nope. All 100% super butch, just like Mittens Romney--they should all go hunting varmints.

Posted by: Rebel | Sep 13, 2010 10:32:19 AM

9. Those silk pocket squares really flounce nicely to their butch dance moves.

Posted by: voet | Sep 13, 2010 10:38:46 AM

10. yes the long flowing "woman-like" do's and the Pastel silk like pants with the bouncing silk scarves scream BUTCH!!! No i want to wear the baby blue pants, no you'll wear the orange ones and like it!!!

Posted by: alexInBoston | Sep 13, 2010 10:46:29 AM

11. I hope Chuck Norris's wig didn't come off while he was teaching them his moves. I think it would have ruined the moment.

Posted by: dang | Sep 13, 2010 11:00:37 AM

12. I just thought of that scene in the movie "In and Out" where Kevin Kline is trying to learn how to dance "macho" to a tape....how ridiculous is that?

Fear makes people do stupid things.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 13, 2010 12:33:34 PM

13. How very ironic since the Osmonds have had to come face-to-face with homosexuality in very tragic ways recently.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 13, 2010 12:45:38 PM

14. I have NEVER watched an Osmond Brother's performance all the way thru to the end and I still haven't. I stopped watching the above video at 1:34 minutes.

Based on the 1:34 minutes I did watch, I have an idea why the Osmonds never could compete with the Jackson Five.

Posted by: elg | Sep 13, 2010 1:27:15 PM

15. Alan looks like and angry munchkins from the Wizard of Oz!

Posted by: Steven | Sep 13, 2010 1:29:15 PM

16. Alan often posts anti-gay comments on his FB page. One time I put one of his comments on the "8 The Mormon Proposition" page & hundreds of people were insulted & left comments for Alan! He really is a vile, hateful person. On his latest rant he was asking his "fans" to help him in is attempt to get Judge Walker impeached.

Posted by: Dave | Sep 13, 2010 1:38:26 PM

17. Sickening. This kind of comment is absolutely revolting in its ignorance. I see I'm going to regret having liked Osmonds music as a teenager. I'll never be able to listen to "One Bad Apple" again without feeling nauseated.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Sep 13, 2010 1:53:40 PM

18. What a corpulent sack of shit. As far as I'm concerned he is personally responsible for Marie Osmonds son jumping to his death. The sooner his corpse is rotting in the ground the better.

Posted by: B | Sep 13, 2010 3:46:14 PM

19. First.... why is this a story worth our LGBTQ time????

Second, ....Mormons...need I say more...!!!!!!

Posted by: Brains | Sep 13, 2010 4:52:48 PM

20. Their outfits are very MANLY!

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 13, 2010 6:13:24 PM

21. Oh.my.G-d.

I haven't paid attention to the Osmond's for ages! I used to 'be' one of those screamin' mimi's you heard in anyone of their concert footages. My aunt [who was the same age as me] and I would go to one any time they came close to our town and I would go home bruised to hell and gone cause my aunt was what we lovingly refer to in our family as a 'whacker'. "Oh my g-d did you see that???" *whack, whack* upside my arm.

I think about those times today and cringe out of embarrassment... that's why I laugh at all the generations after and think how they too one day will be embarrassed...

:D

Btw... Alan is not the eldest... Virl and Tom are, they took care of the business end of things.... both being deaf, they didn't sing with the others.

Posted by: aleabeth | Sep 14, 2010 1:56:22 AM

22. all I can say is WTF!! and Shut the fuck up!! When I think of maculinity...I certainly do not think of the Osmonds!! Give me a break!!

Posted by: Paul | Sep 14, 2010 11:41:37 AM

23. Butched them right up, Chuck did.

While doing other research in The Rolling Stone, I came across an article, from the time, about the Osmonds. It noted that mama Olive Osmond examined every official photo of the group, and nixed any that even hinted at a bulge in one of her boys' pants.

Wonder what Chuck thought of that.

And BTW, I hate those dogs that look like Alan.

Posted by: Soren456 | Nov 20, 2011 4:40:27 PM