Kiss | New Jersey | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch LIVE Now: Gay Couple Attempts World's Longest Kiss

Mattbob

Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello, students at The College of New Jersey, are in the process of attempting to break the Guinness World Record for Longest Continuous Kiss, on the college campus. The currently stands @ 32 hours, 7 minutes, 14 seconds.

At the time of this posting, the kiss had been going on for 26 hours. The record will be set at 7:42 ET.

The record has never been held by a gay couple. Official page. Facebook page.

Watch the live stream, AFTER THE JUMP...

Matty_bobby

Comments

1. Fantastic!

Posted by: tom | Sep 19, 2010 2:17:27 PM

2. Did the name Matty Daley make anyone else laugh??

Posted by: Rick | Sep 19, 2010 2:27:25 PM

3. Terrible. This is just going to feed homophobic slander that gays only care about their own hyper-sexualization. Does anyone in the LGBT community even realize DADT repeal is being voted on THIS TUESDAY? Pick up your phone!

Posted by: Alex | Sep 19, 2010 2:28:57 PM

4. fair enough point about whats more important right now, but there is nothing about the realities of a 33 hour kiss that seems hyper-sexualized to me. its cute, but also probably a little uncomfortable and stinky =)

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 19, 2010 2:34:43 PM

5. Nice record to break. But I am old fashioned guy and prefer little bit shorter kisses with much more passion.

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 19, 2010 2:35:31 PM

6. Alex, you're a little paranoid. And how is a kiss "hyper" sexual? Remind me not to date you.

Posted by: tom | Sep 19, 2010 2:42:39 PM

7. @Alex, this obviously isn't about hyper-sexualization.

They are trying to get a GAY kiss into the world record books. The more things like this are in books, reported about, and seen the more it normalizes two men kissing and being together. They are, in a fun way, subtly breaking down hetero norms by forcing an image of Gayness to be in the public and mainstream.

Yes, DADT is very important and people should be making phonecalls to key senators. But, this event is important to in terms of visibility and mainstream acceptance.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 19, 2010 2:50:55 PM

8. A few questions also:

how are they eating? Are they standing the entire time?

Posted by: Joe | Sep 19, 2010 2:51:50 PM

9. Totally agree with JOE. Moreover, you better get used to see normalized gay youths unashamed of trying and doing what straights do, whether they win it or not.
    I don’t know if these kids are gonna set the record, but I applaud them for trying.

Posted by: Lexxvsl | Sep 19, 2010 3:04:02 PM

10. Good for them we have as much right to compete for silly Guinness records as anyone.

Posted by: Tone | Sep 19, 2010 3:42:50 PM

11. Man, I have been watching this for awhile. I saw them putting ice packs on each other's necks. To think of the stamina you would need. I wonder if they will cry when they are finished. I wonder if they know what this means to those who hide who they are. When I found this posting @ 26 hours they were already my heroes.

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Sep 19, 2010 3:53:11 PM

12. "Matty cut his shirt off with a key, and it was a hot."

Posted by: TANK | Sep 19, 2010 4:18:23 PM

13. Good for them, I hope they make it!

Posted by: Jimmy | Sep 19, 2010 4:29:34 PM

14. I think most world records are stupid, but hey, I'd support them if it means showing how us gays are just like everyone else. Seriously though, go, go, go! Woooooooo...

Posted by: RP | Sep 19, 2010 4:49:22 PM

15. Wouldn't they also be breaking a gay record? longest time two gay guys kissed with out at least one of them getting off!

Posted by: richard s | Sep 19, 2010 4:50:16 PM

16. This is awesome. I'm glad to see these guys being public with their displays of affection. It's a kind of activism, and I'm glad to see their proud and brave enough to take on this goal. Good for them!

Posted by: Tyler | Sep 19, 2010 5:04:10 PM

17. beautiful

Posted by: [email protected] | Sep 19, 2010 5:31:47 PM

18. This is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Congratulations to both of them and thanks to all of their friends who are helping.

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 19, 2010 6:10:47 PM

19. I wish a hot biker girl would like my pussy for 32 hours.

(Whoops...I promised myself I wouldn't mention lesbian sex in a predominately gay male forum...sorry brothers.)

Posted by: veg | Sep 19, 2010 6:25:50 PM

20. This is just amazing. I didn't know it was happening today. I've put it on my twitter feed.

*sigh* I just told my mom about it, her reaction was "whoop dedo, how gross." She wasn't kidding.

Nice to have supportive queers on the net, since I only know a few in RL.

Posted by: Amber | Sep 19, 2010 6:59:51 PM

21. I'm impressed - this stunt manages to hit exhibitionism ("look at us kissing on your computer!") and narcissism ("we consider your watching us kiss totally worth your time and attention and bandwidth") in equal quantities. As a world record, this is right up there with "most hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes" and "world's largest ball of string" in terms of meaning anything. Let's face it, it's not exactly climbing K2 or winning the most Pulitzer Prizes.

Posted by: Sancho | Sep 19, 2010 7:23:10 PM

22. LOL VEG

Amber, one assume per ur post ur yngish. If u live near a metropolitan area , most US cities have gay and lesbian community centers which the majority of those have gay youth groups that u could join to meet more gay people.

I myself pre graduating high school joined a local gay youth group hosted by the local gay community center and i swear by them as a great thing though sadly underfunded by the larger community

Posted by: [email protected] | Sep 19, 2010 7:42:33 PM

23. They just broke the record. :-)

Congratulations, guys!

Posted by: Terry | Sep 19, 2010 7:44:39 PM

24. Congrats guys!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 19, 2010 7:46:23 PM

25. Congratulations and Kudos. . .we're rooting for you out here in California! Keep up the love, and we'll look forward to seeing your picture in the Guiness Book of World Records.

Posted by: Keith | Sep 19, 2010 7:55:02 PM