Boxing | Christian Bale | Film | Mark Wahlberg | News

Watch: Mark Wahlberg Flexes His Muscle for the Fighter

Wahlberg

Mark Wahlberg crosses the 'boxer' role on his serious actor checklist. Not sure why Christian Bale had to lose so much weight for this film, but he sure did.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Christian Bale seems to lose weight just to taunt me.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 16, 2010 1:17:27 PM

2. Who cares about Bale, He's an ass!

Posted by: Jake | Sep 16, 2010 1:27:19 PM

3. Wahlberg is a homophobic ASS

Posted by: Ben | Sep 16, 2010 1:30:22 PM

4. I wonder if that bald spot on Bale is real.

Posted by: Asher | Sep 16, 2010 1:33:23 PM

5. Bale lost weight to portray Dickie Ward, a crack addict, properly, would be my guess. This is a biopic piece, after all.

Looks like a good flick. Will have to check it out.

Posted by: DR | Sep 16, 2010 1:58:54 PM

6. I dislike both of these gents, so I can safely give the movie a pass.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 16, 2010 2:29:51 PM

7. I seem to remember reading some time ago that in an interview Mark Wahlberg said he wouldn't be taking future roles that required him to appear on screen sans shirt. Seems he doesn't want to be known as purely a piece of meat, but for his acting talent. I suppose that hasn't worked out so well for him. I have a love/hate relationship with Wahlberg. I do like some of his work, but his hoodlum past and homophobia turn me off. He has come a long way though. He is a good "type" or character actor. Not a great actor, but above average I think.

Posted by: Bob R | Sep 16, 2010 2:38:57 PM

8. Mark Wahlberg also enjoys modeling lady's underwear for older men who get off on that kind of thing. He's basically a slab of dead flesh with two expressions: dumb and dumber.

As to the losing weight, etc., these people are paid vast sums of money to alter their bodies. It's not hard when that's all you have to do...and have personal trainers, etc., working to that goal.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 16, 2010 2:47:59 PM

9. This was much better the first time I saw it, when it was called "Rocky".

Posted by: wayne | Sep 16, 2010 2:48:57 PM

10. I've seen wax candles with more charisma that that yutz. "Say hi to your Mother for me" indeed.

Posted by: Clanky Mish | Sep 16, 2010 3:02:32 PM

11. Looks like Bale had to lose some hair for the role too. Yep.

Posted by: Bruno | Sep 16, 2010 3:21:26 PM

12. though, it wouldn't be fair to omit that he was in the funniest movie of the summer: the other guys. But that wasn't really due to him...it was the insanely funny steve coogan and writing.

Posted by: TANK | Sep 16, 2010 3:21:26 PM

13. I'm really surprise Marky Mark has been nominated for an Oscar and Christian Bale hasn't. Bale was incredible in The Mechanic.
    The Fighter looks meh.

Posted by: Casey | Sep 16, 2010 4:48:52 PM

14. i like when people remember Bale or Wahlberg or O Russel always aren't nice persons and say nothing about Sean Penn,Johnny Depp or Mark Romanek...

Bale didn't look healthy because he acts a crackhead

Looks good even if the trailer is predictable

Posted by: caro | Sep 16, 2010 4:56:03 PM

15. If shorty Mark Wahlberg is in it, the film must be about midget wrestling.

Posted by: ggreen | Sep 16, 2010 5:32:03 PM

16. WHY are you posting pics of HOMOPHOBES? He doesn't deserve our attention or our money

Posted by: MarkyH8 | Sep 16, 2010 5:59:35 PM

17. Who cares...look at those arms! :P

Posted by: jess | Sep 16, 2010 7:02:18 PM

18. GROSS - lusting after a person that is on record as anti gay is self loathing plain and simple...

Posted by: MarkyH8 | Sep 17, 2010 2:42:15 AM

19. Check out this new awesome trailer for THE FIGHTER starring Mark Wahlberg & Christian Bale: http://bit.ly/a0OAlM

Posted by: jazz | Sep 17, 2010 6:06:55 PM

20. Don't care about anything else ... but, damn!, he looks good. Yum.

Posted by: Suellen | Dec 14, 2010 10:24:10 PM