Models | New York | News | weather

Watch: The 'Double Rainbow' of Brooklyn Tornado Videos?

Tree

Or, trying too hard to be the "double rainbow" of Brookyn tornado videos, dude?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via curbed)

Just as a side note, this is model Terron Wood in the clip. No cheekbones were hurt in the making of this video.

Wood

Comments

1. Nice fucking apartment. Rich people with nothing better to do.

Posted by: patrick | Sep 17, 2010 10:31:14 AM

2. These guys are morons. I'm from Indiana, and having experienced severe weather like that on a fairly regular basis, these guys should have been in the basement of their building. Not only were they overreacting to the storm, their overreactions weren't matched with the type of instincts a severe storm should provoke (seek shelter, don't stand on the balcony dumbass). It's all fun and games until debris comes through their window and injures or kills them.

Posted by: anthony | Sep 17, 2010 10:34:14 AM

3. Not a tornado at all, just sheets of rain and overly dramatic post-frat boys living in the loft that mummy and daddy's trust fund provide. Nauseating. I could not turn it off fast enough.

Posted by: Dave | Sep 17, 2010 10:48:35 AM

4. Dude. Dude, dude. Dude. Dude dude dude dude. Duuude. DUDE!!

Posted by: Len | Sep 17, 2010 10:49:52 AM

5. Like dude, bro, like duuuude...

What are they, 12? Do they not have rain back home? Oh, you models...

Posted by: S. | Sep 17, 2010 10:50:31 AM

6. a bit over dramatic girls

Posted by: Russ | Sep 17, 2010 10:56:38 AM

7. Seems that a tornado in Brooklyn would be just a tad bit more worthy of a freak out than a double rainbow.

I've survived both and I can tell you that the tornado freaked me out just a bit more than the double rainbow.

@Anthony, the fact that these guys aren't from tornado ally like you and me is why they freaked out. They've probably never experienced anything like that in their lives. Those of use who grew up where tornadoes were common are pretty much used to them by the time we reach their ages.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 17, 2010 10:56:38 AM

8. Ummm...OMG! OMG! How many carbs are in a tornado! I hope it doesn't hit Mac Jacobs. Fail Andy. Nice apartment though. Just another reason not to live in the outter boroughs.

Posted by: RJ | Sep 17, 2010 10:59:51 AM

9. Terron Wood.....beautiful !......apartment a bit cluttered !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 17, 2010 11:09:48 AM

10. i jizzed in my pants along with them. well, mostly cuz i envy them their apartment. hurricanes and tornadic activity are common in texas, so that's kinda ho-hum.

Posted by: nic | Sep 17, 2010 11:13:13 AM

11. Bunch of jealous player hating queens commenting on this.

@Dave, he's a successful model in NYC dude, no trust fund needed for the apt.

@everyone else, he's a successful model in NYC dudes, not a Kansas farmer in tornado alley. It was a very unusual and exciting storm here, kinda scary, I would have been screaming right along with them though, looks like more fun than I had, alone and nervously watching out the corner of the window.

Posted by: Ian | Sep 17, 2010 11:30:08 AM

12. @ian, get a grip.

Posted by: nic | Sep 17, 2010 11:33:12 AM

13. Not so bright, but when they're pretty you don't want them to be.

Posted by: Tone | Sep 17, 2010 11:34:26 AM

14. It's fascinating how a discussion on a gay blog so quickly turns into trying to one-up each other in "manlihood" depending on how you react to a storm. Whether it was an official tornado or not, experiencing a storm in the city is as scary or moreso than experiencing a storm out in the country (and yes, I'm from Indiana, so I know what I'm talking about) because you have to deal with projectiles. Imagine a metal newspaper stand hurtling through the air at you...Trash cans... Oversized tree limbs that aren't routinely pruned by mother nature's regular storms like in the midwest...And all the things that blow off the balconies from up above you. Who cares if it was a tornado or micro-burst or straight-line winds? If any of these manly country boys were here yesterday, we'd see who was screaming more!

Posted by: mrmnyc | Sep 17, 2010 11:50:30 AM

15. Too bad the water didn't destroy all their beautiful wicked! dude!ness

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 17, 2010 11:58:03 AM

16. Gay people are their own worst enemies. Who needs the Christian Right and all the other wing-nuts when we rip ourselves to shreds.

Makes me sad.

Posted by: MarcPS | Sep 17, 2010 12:00:52 PM

17. OK this is just weird. I clicked on the link to see model Terron Wood in the post and here's how it lists his representation (I kid you not):

AGENCIES: Major, Storm

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 17, 2010 12:02:10 PM

18. Dude, shut the fuck up!

Posted by: Astro Boy | Sep 17, 2010 12:09:49 PM

19. The apartment is probably owned by the agency...

Posted by: Cameron Johnson | Sep 17, 2010 12:31:12 PM

20. It's nice to hear that they're a religious bunch, prayerful and enthusiastic in seeking divine attention.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Sep 17, 2010 12:36:49 PM

21. it might have been really dramatic if one of the guys were sucked off the fire escape....

Posted by: John Normile | Sep 17, 2010 1:05:49 PM

22. ...or sucked-off on the fire escape.

Posted by: Timzilla | Sep 17, 2010 1:19:37 PM

23. @mrmnyc, lighten-up, man. i've dealt with projectiles many times b4. i've taken as good as i've given.

Posted by: nic | Sep 17, 2010 1:29:12 PM

24. Holy Shit, I think that was their first storm, ever.

Nice apartment, BTW

Posted by: Fred | Sep 17, 2010 2:31:38 PM

25. I thought I was watching a scene from Cloverfield 2.

Posted by: rob | Sep 17, 2010 3:03:22 PM