Arkansas | Bullying | Clint McCance | Education | News

BigGayDeal.com

Arkansas School Board Member Clint McCance Wants 'Fags' Dead

Mccance1

Midland School District is located about 85 miles northeast of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Midland School Board Member Clint McCance's Facebook page really speaks for itself.

Mccance Says McCance in a status update responding to last week's Spirit Day in memory of gay and lesbian youth who killed themselves over bullying:

“Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed therselves because of their sin. REALLY PEOPLE.”

McCance's status updates were brought to the attention of HRC Backstory by R. Anthony Turner, a 1998 graduate of Midland High School.

Writes McCance in response to commenters on his page:

“No because being a fag doesnt give you the right to ruin the rest of our lives. If you get easily offended by being called a fag then dont tell anyone you are a fag. Keep that shit to yourself. I dont care how people decide to live their lives. They dont bother me if they keep it to thereselves. It pisses me off though that we make a special purple fag day for them. I like that fags cant procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other aids and die. If you arent against it, you might as well be for it.”  He further writes, “I would disown my kids if they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone.”

The Advocate made attempts to contact school officials: "The superintendent of the Midland school district was unavailable and a phone call to the principal of the Midland High School was not returned. There was no response to e-mails to the superintendent and to the secretary of the Midland school board."

A Facebook page has been set up calling for McCance's removal.

See the rest of the screen shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Mccance2

Comments

1. will you please stop with this "call yourself a christian," bullshit? You do raelize that virulently antigay christians can and do say the same thing...that's because "true christian" only exists in the feverish minds of true believers, i.e., make believe.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 26, 2010 10:29:56 PM

2. People are simply uneducated... Its quite ironic in his situation.

Posted by: Perry Phalla | Oct 26, 2010 10:30:13 PM

3. @mikenola -- I'm guessing Midland's website is down because most smaller school district's web servers aren't up to handling the load this one is getting. Also, the salary information is required by Arkansas law to be publicly posted on the district's web site.

Notwithstanding, this guy is doing a fine job of making Arkansas sound like the hick state that so many people consider us to be. I do hope he has a "change of heart" but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by: obmitar | Oct 26, 2010 10:30:15 PM

4. What great leadership this district has... they have no chance of fulfilling their mission statement: "The mission of the Midland High School is to provide all students with the opportunities to acquire the skills necessary to become responsible, productive citizens and to understand, nurture, and develop the abilities of the whole person because we know that everybody is somebody special."

Someone can't be special when your leadership wants them dead.

Posted by: obmitar | Oct 26, 2010 10:42:50 PM

5. Does someone need to go up to him and SHOW HIM how it feels to be targeted by those in his community? He just does not get it. He should live while being harassed all the time, while having to hide all the time, and withotu being able to live a normal life -- THEN we'll talk.

Or maybe someone ought to kick him out of any position of power he has. I sure don't want HIM ruining any more gay kids' lives. What a little douche.

Posted by: X | Oct 26, 2010 10:50:54 PM

6. He's waiting for all the gays to die so he can wear purple. I'm also waiting....for all the white trash maggots in the bible belt to stop breeding!

Posted by: Dan | Oct 26, 2010 10:50:57 PM

7. I find this posting by an official of ANY school district disgusting. Furthermore, it is sad that ANY voter would vote for someone who cannot even SPELL. "Thereselves" It makes you wonder what they really are teaching the young minds of Midland.

Posted by: Robert Derryberry | Oct 26, 2010 10:58:03 PM

8. *sigh* I'm from Arkansas and I swear we're not all stupid. I'm working in conjunction with my university's Gay-Straight Alliance, being one of those fagmosexuals that damn redneck hates so much, to make sure that he will no longer be in such a position of power over impressionable children and teenagers. There are many here who are outraged.

Posted by: Rea | Oct 26, 2010 11:55:23 PM

9. the man is obviously a psycho ... but that is what has been allowed to become acceptable in America .... or he would be off the school committee now

Posted by: rjp3 | Oct 26, 2010 11:59:19 PM

10. will you please stop with this "call yourself a christian," bullshit? You do raelize that virulently antigay christians can and do say the same thing...that's because "true christian" only exists in the feverish minds of true believers, i.e., make believe.Posted by: TANK | Oct 26, 2010 10:29:56 PM
    --------------------------

Tank's comment make me sad for him.
    Both my Southern Baptist Grandmother on side of the family and my Catholic Grandfather on the other side were TRUE CHRISTIANS.

Oh they were not perfect. They even sinned.
    But they understood how to treat their fellow man as Christians.

They would never allow those around them to condemn others this way. They both understood that their faith was personal and a relationship with God - that was not to be imposed onto anyone.

They both lived until 1994 - living by the code, judge not lest ye be judged.

They would not like the Southern Baptist Church or the Catholic Church of 2010.... both PROMOTE judgement of your fellow man now.

That being said - there are still many true Christians. And that has nothing to do with dogma.

Posted by: rjp3 | Oct 27, 2010 12:09:47 AM

11. This bowl floater needs his life to be made very uncomfortable for a prolonged period of time before anyone flushes.

Posted by: Puckfaire | Oct 27, 2010 12:36:13 AM

12. @rjp3:

You simply don't understand what I said, and I haven't the slighest inclination to deliver you from ignorance. Rest assured, you're wrong...probly not the first time, as a believer. This isn't about warm feelings, produce.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 27, 2010 2:43:11 AM

13. This asshole is a crock of shit. The motherfucker should be removed bodily from any position of power, including parenting. He has threatened his children in writing and they should be taken from him immediately; they are in physical danger. McCance is the type of born-again xtian likely to use a gun on his family.

Posted by: mad1026 | Oct 27, 2010 2:57:32 AM

14. So, nothing on the network or cable news sites. They only picked up on the bullying after is was all over the web. Bet they won't pick it up this story on Clint McCance, although it is possible that Rachel Maddow & Keith Obermann might on MSNBC. Ellen might have something to say on her show, and maybe "The View" ladies.

Posted by: CB | Oct 27, 2010 3:19:29 AM

15. ok, so you're angry we haven't made enough progress. then... just... don't...vote...

Posted by: please vote | Oct 27, 2010 4:49:57 AM

16. Fuck Arkansas...wouldn't go there IF someone Paid me...No thank you. I avoid the center & mostly south of this hateful,bigoted,discriminatory country....and when I hear stories of tornadoes,floods etc etc....I honestly do NOT feel sorry for them...cause' thier "god" must be punishing them for something.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 27, 2010 8:03:21 AM

17. I spoke with McCance's father and the apple does not fall far from the tree. The man immediately spewed hateful remarks to me and went as far as calling me a "little faggot."
    Sticks and stones...

These are the reasons I fight for equality!

Posted by: JoeyO'H | Oct 27, 2010 8:13:52 AM

18. Clint’s Carpet Cleaning

7569 Batesville Blvd,

Pleasant Plains, AR

(501) 268-7360.

Posted by: moby323 | Oct 27, 2010 8:17:27 AM

19. This jerk homophobe, Clint McCance, owns the following small business:

Clint’s Carpet Cleaning

7569 Batesville Blvd,

Pleasant Plains, AR

(501) 268-7360.

Posted by: moby323 | Oct 27, 2010 8:18:32 AM

20. In Arkansas, this guy is considered an intellectual.

Posted by: wimsy | Oct 27, 2010 10:06:32 AM

21. The scary thing is: He's running for reelection -

He must be using this as his hate-gays platform.

Gene Evangelist

Posted by: Gene Evangelist | Oct 27, 2010 10:32:26 AM

22. The only way you'll wear purple is if we all commit suicide?

Girlene, does that make any fashion sense whatever?

Posted by: mark | Oct 27, 2010 10:40:24 AM

23. My God what an embarrassment to my beautiful state! Please, please do not assume that all Arkansans are like this lame jack-ass. Unfortunately this man is a product of the bible belt. It's not just AR, it's most of the entire South! Men like him are the reason I don't go to church and I used to feel guilty about it! I don't feel that now. All my gay friends were BORN gay- God made them that way. The God that I worship loves everybody. Just because something is written in a book, doesn't mean it's true. The sad thing is I'm surrounded by people who think like this A hole. I feel like I have to be secretive about my support of my LGBT friends, because of where I live, to protect my job etc. I do however have other friends here that are supportive of the LGBT movement. Thank God for those SANE people in my life!

Posted by: KCin AR | Oct 27, 2010 11:15:32 AM

24. well i think the gay community should be able to jump off clifs with grenads in ther hand with the pin pulled but im a christian so i say god made adam and eve not adam and steve so clint im with u on this one

Posted by: bubba joe | Oct 27, 2010 11:20:56 AM

25. Wow! I don't even know how one begins to address that kind of ignorance. This man is beyond reprehensible.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 27, 2010 11:22:49 AM