Arkansas | Bullying | Clint McCance | Education | News

Arkansas School Board Member Clint McCance Wants 'Fags' Dead

Mccance1

Midland School District is located about 85 miles northeast of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Midland School Board Member Clint McCance's Facebook page really speaks for itself.

Mccance Says McCance in a status update responding to last week's Spirit Day in memory of gay and lesbian youth who killed themselves over bullying:

“Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed therselves because of their sin. REALLY PEOPLE.”

McCance's status updates were brought to the attention of HRC Backstory by R. Anthony Turner, a 1998 graduate of Midland High School.

Writes McCance in response to commenters on his page:

“No because being a fag doesnt give you the right to ruin the rest of our lives. If you get easily offended by being called a fag then dont tell anyone you are a fag. Keep that shit to yourself. I dont care how people decide to live their lives. They dont bother me if they keep it to thereselves. It pisses me off though that we make a special purple fag day for them. I like that fags cant procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other aids and die. If you arent against it, you might as well be for it.”  He further writes, “I would disown my kids if they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone.”

The Advocate made attempts to contact school officials: "The superintendent of the Midland school district was unavailable and a phone call to the principal of the Midland High School was not returned. There was no response to e-mails to the superintendent and to the secretary of the Midland school board."

A Facebook page has been set up calling for McCance's removal.

See the rest of the screen shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Mccance2

Comments

1. Gee, Clint, I hate to disappoint ya, but gays can and do procreate. You're living proof that people like youselves should NOT be allowed to procreate.

Posted by: mike | Oct 27, 2010 11:47:24 AM

2. I think this man is dirt but no matter what you think of him he has the right to speak his mind. If I act like him I am no better than he is. I think I would rather know what kind of scumb bag he is than him keep it in and be fooled.

Posted by: Dave R | Oct 27, 2010 11:52:28 AM

3. I'm just so disgusted and saddened that people who actually have the clueless gall to call themselves "Christians" have this sort of mindset --- on a school board no less. The idea that he said he would "Disown my own kids if they were gay" speaks volumes as to this man's lack of compassion or humanity. I pity his children but, moreimporantly, he has no business being anywhere near a school board or other children. Shame on him!!!!

Posted by: Todd Andrew | Oct 27, 2010 12:23:11 PM

4. "I think this man is dirt but no matter what you think of him he has the right to speak his mind."

He has the right to speak his mind. He doesn't have the right to be on the School Board. Free speech comes with consequences, DAVE R. And I am better than he is. We're all better than he is. (Except for the troll.)

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 27, 2010 12:35:54 PM

5. Someone should tweat Joy on this -- she'd talk about it on her show or on The View. I wonder if Rachel & Anderson know bout this.

Posted by: swine | Oct 27, 2010 2:38:41 PM

6. Do not refer to him as "they". Arkansas is not full of idiotic, mindless, god-fearing people like him. There are intelligent people in Arkansas that agree that this man is dumb to a new level. Do not lump all Arkansans to his side, doing so would be judgmental and wrong. There are actually many people from Arkansas that are outraged at this. It was, after all, a past student that had already graduated from midland that found this and sought to get him fired.

Posted by: Jason | Oct 27, 2010 3:26:06 PM

7. thats so messed up if your gay let it be it doesnt matter if ur gay a person is a person so get over it let us live are lives the way we want to ,if you have a problem with it then get the hell OVER IT.

Posted by: anonomous | Oct 27, 2010 3:38:45 PM

8. You know, people like this are the reasons why we have so much hate and ignorance in the world. They can't open their eyes and see that what they preach is harmful and disrespectful to others. If you have an opinion that could offend others, I say keep it to yourself. But in the end God will be the one who judges him. No matter how many people this man condemns, God will have the last word.
    And I'm not even Christian...

Posted by: Honeybee | Oct 27, 2010 4:08:57 PM

9. I have posted contact links for the school here: http://www.eric-dahl.net/blog/midland-school-district-arkansas-board-member-clint-mccance-wants-fags-dead/

Posted by: Eric Dahl | Oct 27, 2010 5:01:09 PM

10. I am just astounded that there are people this stupid in the world.

Posted by: Melissa | Oct 27, 2010 7:08:02 PM

11. See what this man from Arkansas thinks about the subject:

Posted by: Brandon | Oct 28, 2010 11:51:49 AM

12. First, I am totally shocked that a "school board member" would say something like this, much less, put it on facebook. I would like to make it clear that Arkansas is full of intelligent, "christian" people. We are, for the most part, more old fashioned as a whole. There isn't anything wrong with that as long as we don't judge other people. I am happy to live in the "Bible Belt". I am also proud of all of my friends, including the gay ones. I love them all. Please know that not everyone in Arkansas is so ignorant as McCance has proven to be; nor are all christians hypocrites and judgemental.

Posted by: Patti Hudson | Oct 28, 2010 3:00:13 PM

13. Whoa. This guy's bile is stunning with its poison and has left me otherwise speechless. McCance is HATE PERSONIFIED.

Posted by: Todd | Oct 28, 2010 11:02:04 PM

14. Wow, he wants it up the ass soooo bad its almost laughable. If it weren't so insidious and disgusting that is...

Posted by: twodudes | Oct 28, 2010 11:35:55 PM

15. Midland is a town in Sebastian County, Arkansas, United States. It is part of the Fort Smith, Arkansas-Oklahoma Metropolitan Statistical Area. ... Please - most of the people in Little Rock are liberal. Some of us were raised that way even back in the 50's. I am for all Human Rights and proud of it. We need to start posting billboards all over America like the ones our pastors did against Vietnam War. "Mom & Dad your silence is killing me... at home, at school and abroad (in 2 wars). Please stand up and speak for me by speaking up for all."

Posted by: Suzy | Oct 29, 2010 1:33:42 AM

16. "I can't believe the people of this world have gotten so stupid.We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed themselves because of thier sin.REALLY PEOPLE."
    This man tries to prove his frankly unintelligent point in the most immature way. Also, his message is that gay people are sinners. Is it a sin to be who you are? And, since you believe in god, who is the decider of everything, didn't god make gay people gay? His belief that gay people are sinners is not the result of a well thought out analysis but one of extreme bigotry and hatred. I think he should not be anywhere near schools because of this negativity and hatred he has, as it could promote more hate.

Posted by: Ohmygoodness | Oct 29, 2010 8:59:41 PM

17. Why the surprise? This is, more or less, the attitude of nearly every good christian. They all seem to subscribe to the 'if you aren't exactly like me/us, you're doomed & less than worthless'. A totally arrogant and insane attitude...at best! Recently another 'good christian' (oxymoron, yes?) said this to me ON THE DAY MY MOM DIED, "well, since she wasn't saved she's in hell right now, you know that?". Needless to say we've never spoken again. Face it folks, there will be no peace, no harmony & no chance for humanity to survive until 'religion' is laughed at & no one believes in 'god' anymore. Until then, plan on wars, terror, murders...you get the idea.

Posted by: PSSIXSIX | Oct 31, 2010 2:20:47 PM

18. Too bad. Seems the only people who can say what they feel are the ones going against everything that is good. Your president Barry Soetoro Hussein (The Little Muslim) can say almost anything he wants but when anyone else does it's a bad thing. Well, I say Mr. Macance should have used better jugdgement. He is or was in a position where he shouldn't have said anything, which he knows now. Let people like me express my feelings. I don't worry about any backlash when I call a fag a fag or a queer a queer. I voted "YES" on prop 8 in California. I had to defend my opinion to only one person when he made the big mistake of trying to grab or hit me. I didn't give him the chance. Too bad. I was in the car talking to my 90 year old mom when this guy expressed he dismay over my bumper stickers. It's my right to display them. He approached me. I said nothing. Oh yes, I wear shirts that say, NO BAMA, No Immigration period, No Amnesty, Nuke Russia and Iran, No more foreign AID PERIOD. It's my right. I am 65 years old and am tired of the B.S. So, I won't change any time soon. By the way, when the FAG movie Broke Back Mountain came to Placerville, CA. (OLD HANGTOWN) ten people showed up to see it. They pulled it from the theater. Remember, all of us have an opinion and have the right to express it. My next shirt will say, It's time to let Barry Soetoro HUSSEIN know, THE JIG is up. Concerned AMERICAN,
    Larry VELASCO