Chord Overstreet | Cory Monteith | Glee | Matthew Morrison

BigGayDeal.com

Glee-fcake: Chord Overstreet, Cory Monteith, and Matthew Morrison Disrobe for 'Rocky Horror' Show

Overstreet

If you aren't a fan of Rocky Horror, there was also a smorgasbord of male flesh (Gleefcake?) to look at in last night's Glee. Gawker has a wrap-up of the episode here, with clips. Vanity Fair has a re-cap too.

What's you all think of the episode?

Check out Sue's Corner, AFTER THE JUMP...

Glee

Glee2

Glee3

Overstreet2

(cap source)

Comments

1. Well, that was better and worse than I expected.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Rocky stuff. I was very disappointed with Glee as a show, and am not nearly as interested in watching the series from the start as I was before last night.

But as an excuse to do some numbers from Rocky, I think they pulled it off nicely, and explained away the odd "casting" choices reasonably.

Toucha-a-Touch Me was absolutely the highlight for me. So well done, cute, sexy, rather brilliant, imo.

The other numbers came off pretty good, too. The Time Warp, which I saw leaked on the internet, was the worst of them - so I'm glad that was the spoiler. The odd take on Sweet Transvestite was rad, and Hot Patootie was wild fun.

Alas, I was disappointed in cutie boy, Chord Overstreet. Oh, he's better looking and more buff than I even anticipated - but I think he's a terrible actor. Actually, perfect for Rocky in every respect. Maybe he'll get some on-the-job improvements as the show goes on, but I thought he was awful - except for looking pretty. Perfect.Rocky.

And it was, to my delight, a pretty perfect Rocky Horror homage. But I'm meh about the show and the characters. Maybe I'll try and catch a "regular" episode, but I think it's played a little too silly and yet not surrealistic enough for my tastes. Fantasy High School is a tough tone to tackle. It's not fair for me to judge it based on one episode, I guess. But I'm not impressed.

So for me: Glee=Huh? What's all the fuss?

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 27, 2010 10:56:50 AM

2. Chord has to be one of the sexiest people alive. He's just perfect -- and has a great voice to match.

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 27, 2010 10:59:22 AM

3. Zlick: start at the beginning. All of the characters have had pretty great character arcs to get them where they are now and starting in the middle doesnt do them justice. And, I have to say, the episodes that aren't "themed" around one thing (Madonna, Britney, RHPS) are by far a million times better than the ones that are.

Posted by: Christopher Marcacci | Oct 27, 2010 11:07:23 AM

4. i guess my only question is... why is it okay for the word "trannie"; which is much despised in the trans community; okay to say...and yet they changed the word "transexual" into "sensational"??? Why is the pejorative acceptable and not the actual word???

Posted by: mitchell | Oct 27, 2010 11:08:46 AM

5. Cory Monteith is cute as he could be - love the glasses. Only thing that could be improved is a little hair on the chest, but I'm not complaining.

Posted by: Justin | Oct 27, 2010 11:16:03 AM

6. Very disappointed that GLEE, the gayest show on TV, felt the need to de-gay Rocky Horror. Their casting "choice" to have a girl play Frank? I did think that was a bit of a slap to the queer/genderfuck essence of Rocky Horror.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 27, 2010 11:16:10 AM

7. blah, blah, blah

Posted by: ryan | Oct 27, 2010 11:18:31 AM

8. Christopher Marcacci> I totally disagree. I started from the beginning, and the characters really haven't progressed much at all. It was good through the first half of the first season. Then it became more about selling music than telling a story. People love it because they keep choosing iconic songs, but if they don't always move the plot forward, then it might as well be karaoke masturbation....

I still love it when people try to explain to me how the lyrics of "Pokerface" made sense as a duet between Lea Michelle and Idina Menzel. It has just become silly...

This is going down the path of "Popular" and "Nip/Tuck" before it. Ryan Murphy cannot sustain his ideas without going off the deep end into lunacy.

Posted by: Nick | Oct 27, 2010 11:19:23 AM

9. Seems like it would be hard to comment on the Chord's acting ability ZLICK, if you've not seen the other shows. You admit he was perfect for Rocky, maybe he was clued in. You hit it on the head when you admitted that it wasn't fair for you to judge from seeing only one episode. Take a look at the prior two episodes and I think you will be surprised. Admittedly, this week was not up to the previous standards.

Posted by: dixon | Oct 27, 2010 11:20:01 AM

10. Yeah, the lyric changes were jarring. And melody changes to Time Warp didn't do it any favours.

The opening number was sensational, as were some of the others.

In terms of story line and heart the show has multiple personality disorder, but I would (and I do) watch the cast do just about anything.

Having Meatloaf and Barry Bostwick on at the beginning was a genius wink to boomer fans.

Posted by: MammaBear | Oct 27, 2010 11:26:41 AM

11. Franken Furter can NOT be a female.

Rocky Horror FAIL.

Posted by: Truth Patrol | Oct 27, 2010 11:27:43 AM

12. I was promised tightie whities. I want my money back.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 27, 2010 11:31:27 AM

13. Love the show (look forward to watching and taping it every Tuesday night) and loved the Rocky Horror episode. I thought the production team's efforts about a show-within-a-show in a high school setting (how do we get away with performing RH in such a conservative community?) was terrific with interesting role casting choices. Kudos to Producer Ryan Murphy and Director Adam Shankman and the entire production team and cast for making an enjoyable take on this classic musical.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 27, 2010 11:38:12 AM

14. Did anyone else get hung up on Sue's: "go yell at some fags" statement? I stopped me cold, and I don't think I heard anything for a few seconds after that.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 27, 2010 11:45:59 AM

15. My understanding is that FOX made them de-gay the show. John Stamos said in an interview that he was supposed to play Frank-n-furter but Fox nixed it b/c they didn't want him in fishnets etc. So I would bet that Fox put pressure on Glee to "mainstream" it a bit. They still get away with a lot, though.

IRN: Mr. Shue wins hands down for best bod.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Oct 27, 2010 11:48:34 AM

16. Sue said "Go yell at some fatties." Obviously.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 27, 2010 11:48:50 AM

17. Matthew Morrison is the man of my dreams! I actually wet my panties... twice....

Yes. Sue sad yell at some fatties.

Surprisingly a good episode considering what a train wreck the Britney Spears episode was.

Give me some chocolate or I'll cut you.

Posted by: pharmerandy | Oct 27, 2010 11:55:00 AM

18. @Mike: You didn't hear anything for a few seconds before that either. She said "Go yell at some fatties."

Posted by: JD | Oct 27, 2010 12:05:19 PM

19. Apparently this weeks episode was intended to get as many young boys into anorexia as there are young girls already. They spent the first half of the episode talking about how fat and pudgy Finn's body was and there was nothing wrong with his body at all. Then toward the end, Chord manages to grab a tiny bit of skin from his stomach (no fat at all) between his fingers and laments about having eaten some doritos.

Posted by: Tim NC | Oct 27, 2010 12:10:06 PM

20. @ Tim NC: Umm... did you not pick up on the male body image theme? They weren't trying to give kids eating disorders, they were addressing the upward trend in male eating disorders.

Posted by: Jon B | Oct 27, 2010 12:24:44 PM

21. Ok, I'll watch a few regular episodes, starting at the beginning and give it a better shot. But I'll approach the endeavor less, well, gleefully.

I, too, was initially bugged by the casting choice for Frank. But since it was just for a song, and the song was a soul-styled knock-out, all's forgiven at this end. (Even allowing "Transvestite" while replacing "Transsexual" seemed stupid rather than sinister.)

Oh, and I thought Chord's bit about body fat was a great joke, and poked fun at slim-compulsiveness ... but, yeah, also illustrated all too well the benefits of working at it compulsively. The boy did not look anorexic, just rarrwwrr.

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 27, 2010 12:36:29 PM

22. Gee Jon B,

I don't recall the part in this episode where, while addressing the trend, they made any effort at all to stop it or show any of the dangers of it.

What message do you think "tweens", who are likely the largest audience for this show, got from it?

Posted by: Tim NC | Oct 27, 2010 12:39:26 PM

23. that mr. shue is one tasty biscuit i wouldn't mind dipping into my morning tea. mmm.

Posted by: psgoodguy | Oct 27, 2010 12:49:54 PM

24. For me, the biggest sin was making Rocky Horror flat and boring. The ongoing 'story' of Glee has been a train wreck for a while. But the music has mostly been fun. But last night the whole production of Rocky Horror was (gasp!) bland and vanilla in the extreme.

Posted by: LADave | Oct 27, 2010 12:59:15 PM

25. maybe i'm missing something?

the consensus seems to be that this show is something gays should like and support, but i really don't get it.

to be fair, i only watched the first two episodes. actually i stopped halfway through the 2nd (or maybe i watched 3? i forget. also a bad sign.) feeling like the show isn't gay friendly at all. i mean, the gay characters were a stereotypical fashionista/shallow/musical loving teen and a creepy middle aged teacher accused of pedophilia (or pederasty, i guess). this is gay friendly?

now they take an iconic queer film and castrate its best, most memorable, and queerest character?

the nail in the coffin of my hate for this show has officially been pounded in.

Posted by: EmpressIsIn | Oct 27, 2010 1:04:44 PM