Anderson Cooper | Andrew Shirvell | Carl Paladino | Chris Armstrong | News | Westboro Baptist Church

I'll Be Seeing You...

Flowerchildbelonksy Phew. It's been a wild couple of weeks!

From Andrew Shirvell and Chris Armstrong to gay suicides, Westboro Baptists and Carl Paladino to Anderson Cooper and Universal Pictures, LGBT news has been a whirlwind of events high, higher, low, lower, and somewhere in-between. And of course who could forget all the culture, from the Ariston Baths to the zombies?

I'd like to thank all of you readers for sticking with me over the past few weeks. Andy should return to regularly scheduled posting tomorrow.

If you want to find me around the world wide web, look at Death and Taxes Magazine, The Bilerico Project, Change.org, or any other numbers of fine sites. It's the Internet; I'm only a click away.

Andrew

PS: Billie Holiday's "I'll Be Seeing You," AFTER THE JUMP...

Sorry, I couldn't find footage of her actually singing the song, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it...

Comments

1. Loved your work, Andrew.
    The same wonderful diligence with a different flavor.
    Thanks again.

Posted by: topher | Oct 12, 2010 7:47:23 PM

2. Andrew, I know you took a lot of flak around here, but I think you did a swell job. There were a couple of typos (heheh, one word omission that made a BIG difference, but everyone knew what you meant to say), but I liked your choice of things to cover and enjoyed your point of view.

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 12, 2010 7:49:55 PM

3. i thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of weeks and you did a great job covering lots of news and interesting stories. thanks.

Posted by: psgoodguy | Oct 12, 2010 7:55:37 PM

4. I think it's a thankless job, but I'd like to thank you. Yes, there were typos, but the content was well done. Hope to see you again.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 12, 2010 8:09:38 PM

5. Good stuff and appreciated.....and after a few weeks of this you probably have a lot more admiration and respect for Andy T. :-)

Posted by: Dan Mc | Oct 12, 2010 8:15:14 PM

6. I thoroughly enjoyed you the last few weeks. I really like how you inject a bit of (rational) opinion and personality into the posts. I will definitely keep my eye out for your writing in the future.

Posted by: EnigmaticAnswer | Oct 12, 2010 8:15:59 PM

7. Thanks, Andrew!

Posted by: ChicagoMouse | Oct 12, 2010 8:16:35 PM

8. There seems to be a lot of school marms on here. I think you did a great job and seemed to get in the flow nicely as time went on. You have a refreshingly even-handed approach and asked some good questions.

Posted by: niles | Oct 12, 2010 8:17:02 PM

9. It was a good few weeks. I liked your light touch. Thanks!

Posted by: syrian-iceberg | Oct 12, 2010 8:17:24 PM

10. Thanks Andrew for your stint in the drivers seat giving Andy a well-deserved break. We're a tough crowd, particularly these days with the level of GLBT hate seemingly at an all time high. You had some hot items to report on. People are emotional and angry. I hope you're feeling better. Many thanks!

Posted by: castaway | Oct 12, 2010 8:20:20 PM

11. *thumbs up*
    All the best Andrew. You had big shoes to fill and yet you didn't stumble once. I'd hate to have to take care of this place. I'm happier being among the rabble. Cheers and take care eh?

Posted by: Tone | Oct 12, 2010 8:33:31 PM

12. Andrew. Thanks for minding the ship while Andy was away. You did a great job.

Posted by: robertmalcolm | Oct 12, 2010 8:34:11 PM

13. I thought you did a spectacular job, Andrew, and I appreciated every single one of your posts.

Posted by: Robert | Oct 12, 2010 8:40:38 PM

14. Typos on the internet? Shocked. You did a GREAT job. Thank you.

Posted by: Trasker | Oct 12, 2010 9:12:45 PM

15. Thanks for taking good care of us Andrew!

Posted by: Brad | Oct 12, 2010 9:13:54 PM

16. Thanks, Andrew! Hope it was big $$$!
    Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Posted by: Justin N | Oct 12, 2010 9:18:15 PM

17. I sssssoooo enjoyed your perspective and SOH, Andrew. Please come back soon.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 12, 2010 9:18:18 PM

18. Andrew --- Thank you so much for your great work. You managed Andy-like coverage with Andrew style and flair!! Great! I hope if Andy asks to you cover again, you won't think twice. I will be looking for your work.

Posted by: Daya | Oct 12, 2010 10:01:12 PM

19. Hey you did a great job! We have enjoyed having you for what time we have had. If Andy is smart he will keep you around. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job.

Rick

Posted by: Travelingman Rick | Oct 12, 2010 10:12:09 PM

20. Wonderful job. Smart, different and wonderfully entertaining. I was very impressed with how you handled the Rutgers suicide story etc. Best of luck and right...just a click away.

Posted by: kenneth | Oct 12, 2010 10:18:38 PM

21. A fabulous job for sure, Andy should be proud he picked such a great substitute.

Posted by: Steve | Oct 12, 2010 10:21:58 PM

22. Thanks Andrew! You're on my radar now. Great job and I look forward to reading more from you.

Posted by: moike | Oct 12, 2010 10:22:19 PM

23. Thanks so much for all your work! it has been a hell-of-a couple of weeks, but you were spot on with all the poltics of gay life and I appreciate your writing and point of view.

Posted by: mattman | Oct 12, 2010 10:57:04 PM

24. You did a great job, and I've worked as a proofreader and felt no need to point out typos--it happens. You had a lot to cover and I forgot several times that Andy was gone. That means kudos to you and for Andy on selecting you.

Posted by: Ron | Oct 12, 2010 11:13:40 PM

25. Like Ron I also frequently forgot Andy was away... you were terrific!
    Thanks for filling in...