Immigration | Joy Behar | News | Sharron Angle

Joy Behar on Sharron Angle's Racism: 'Come Here Bitch, Come to New York and Do It'

Behar

Joy Behar has some choice words for Sharron Angle and her race-baiting ads. She later discussed it at greater length on her show.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WHAT DID I SAY THE OTHER DAY? THE VIEW WOULD SOON DESCEND TO THE LEVEL OF A JERRY SPRINGER SHOW. WELL IT ALREADY HAS. VERY CLASSY, JOY.

I THINK I'LL WATCH THE HSN OR QVC OR PERHAPS THE FOOD CHANNEL WHERE LADIES KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE.

Posted by: THE QUEEN | Oct 27, 2010 7:40:02 AM

2. @The Queen:Oh get over yourself, Mary. I'm glad Joy said something. There needs to be equal time given to the anger that liberals feel about the racist, homophobic, xenophobic Teabaggers who offer nothing but reactionary politics rather than civil discourse and ideas.

Posted by: tooboot | Oct 27, 2010 8:30:13 AM

3. I agree something needs to be said, but unfortunately, it appears that all most people are picking up on is the tone of her message and the words she used, and not what she said. And it just makes more people "outraged" that Joy is using her platform on The View to do this, so I think it may have backfired. Sadly, people are too snowed to see Angle for what she truly is. At least some caught on with Christine O'Donnell and Carl Paladino!

Posted by: Larry | Oct 27, 2010 8:54:04 AM

4. She'll get flack for using that term, but Joy called Sharon Angle exactly what she is - a bitch. Maybe just using the term bigot may have been enough, but people have been saying this about her for a while and republicans don't care anymore if they are called bigots.

I'm tired of people in the media (commentators) simply saying "oh that is wrong." The way that Angle and others are peddling hate and fear is destructive to our nation because they are creating divisions between people and causing real violence (think of the rand paul incident). Sharon Angle is a bad person, a bigot, hateful, and a bitch. It needs to be said.

Posted by: Joe | Oct 27, 2010 9:04:36 AM

5. Joy Behar. Love.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Oct 27, 2010 10:24:37 AM

6. It is still ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to me that Angle is still considered a serious candidate.

Exactly WHO is living in Nevada? Are their brains all fried?

And what IS with Latinos; why are the leaders not speaking out about the transparent race-baiting of Angle???

Posted by: pete | Oct 27, 2010 10:39:42 AM

7. @The Queen.......A lady? How is a lady "suppose" to act? According to who? Geesh!

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 27, 2010 10:52:11 AM

8. yep time to fight fire with fire, gotta get down in the gutter with the republicans and tea partiers and sling as much mud (and there is plenty) that will stick to them
    Taking the high road will not work this time.

Posted by: jerry | Oct 27, 2010 12:59:18 PM

9. I'm glad we have people who WILL speak up because the Latino leaders have been utterly silent and that is horrible. I'm a white boy and I'm the first to stand up and say, "what the hell is this woman preaching..!" Thank you Joy for calling it, and yes... that woman is a fear monger, race baiting, uber-bitch. If this is where the conservatives have gone I'm never more happy in my life to be liberal.

Posted by: Nuttsy1la | Oct 27, 2010 1:55:34 PM

10. Sorry guys...this was bad form. If this let's say this had been Michelle Malkin screaming come on queer boy and try that marriage stuff here...or something like that you would all be screaming from the rafters like a bunch of howler monkeys. Unfortunately there is a bad double standard in the media right now that is getting more and more pronounced as time goes on. Certain people can say certain things and others just get fired for it...

Posted by: wonderboi | Oct 27, 2010 2:02:41 PM

11. wonderboi: that is not even a remotely adequate comparison...

As for Joy, I was clapping. They made me clap two weeks in a row!! I was waiting for the earrings to come off.

Posted by: B | Oct 27, 2010 2:21:58 PM

12. I think Joy will be the next Rosie. Cast out to oblivion because she can't stand that the majority of America disagrees with her liberal view. There are many people, including gays like myself, that just want to keep our money and get the government out of our lives.

Posted by: Paul | Oct 27, 2010 8:48:59 PM