BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Bryan Safi Rips 'The A-List'

Safi

infoMania's Bryan Safi dissects the LOGO reality series The A-List.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. These people all of have aids...that's what A in A-list stands for. Okay, maybe that's not true...maybe...but maybe not. I thought A-list people were rich and successful...I guess I define wealthy and successful differently than these deviant homosexuals.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 22, 2010 2:29:17 PM

2. A-list my ass. Neil Patrick Harris is A-list. These pathetic losers work for A/B/C-list celebrities. Once again, Bryan Safi is right on...

Posted by: Chris | Oct 22, 2010 2:36:44 PM

3. Should be called the STD-list.

Posted by: Tonic | Oct 22, 2010 2:40:42 PM

4. I agree that being a hairdresser to the stars does not an A-list make. How about being famous for actually achieving something? I might have said Reichen was A-list because he won the Amazing Race, but to bring up that he DATED someone MORE famous than you because he actually DID something more IMPRESSIVE than you seems pretty weak. And that guy who was supposedly "fat"... I'd do him in a heartbeat... if he had a brain and a personality, that is.

Posted by: GraphicJack | Oct 22, 2010 2:45:53 PM

5. What a horrible embarassment this show is! At a time when gay kids seem to be killing themselves every minute, anti-gay bullying is at an all-time high, and there is a serious fight for gay marriage and/or partner rights is on, these shallow, social-climbing pansies get a tv show. This is enough to make even the most atheist, man-hungry gay men suddenly become devout Christian, Jews, whatever, and marry a woman.

The comments of me, Jon B, Blueeyes, and Justin were on target.

Lol@gavin!

Posted by: Gabe R L | Oct 22, 2010 2:51:03 PM

6. You'd do that chunky dude with moobies, graphicjack? That's good to know...why, I have no idea. Lowered expectations means that you'll never be disappointed, I guess. ...then again, he wasn't "fat"...but still, not a good looking guy...if face matters.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 22, 2010 2:51:56 PM

7. And Brian Safi was unfortunately correct in his assessment of the show. I knew it would be a disappontment the moment I heard of it over a year ago.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Oct 22, 2010 2:52:33 PM

8. If that's the A-List, I will happily sign up for the Z-list.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 22, 2010 2:53:58 PM

9. I agree these guys are not A list. So, who would be A list? David Geffen? Andy Tobias? Tim Gill? James Hormel? Jon Stryker?

Posted by: Scott | Oct 22, 2010 3:09:01 PM

10. I have to confess that I've watched "The A-List," if only for it's comedic train wreck appeal.

But I do know for a fact that the producers couldn't get any actual New York A-list gays to do this show. That's why they had to import most of the cast from elsewhere.

Posted by: D.B. | Oct 22, 2010 3:16:52 PM

11. Ha! Are we confirming that Seann William Scott plays with the gays?! I see you Stifler...

Posted by: RDUB | Oct 22, 2010 3:28:47 PM

12. Turn off the sound and it's like Falcon TV.

Posted by: BaoPhac Do | Oct 22, 2010 3:34:06 PM

13. They're all untalented fame-whores, which is why they're on the show and people are watching. People LIKE untalented fame-whores whether they are gay or not. I just wish we didn't stoop to the level of the straight world on this one, but...yay, equality?!

Posted by: michael | Oct 22, 2010 4:15:02 PM

14. Tank is on the K list.

And he's bitter as ever

Posted by: Rolf | Oct 22, 2010 4:55:16 PM

15. How did they manage to stay off the crystal, coke, G or K during filming? I've seen a few of those boys around, messes.

One on his knees in the outdoors. (I watched)

Another looking for those "cosmetic" treatments only a man can give. (I obliged).

Reichen is such an poser in public. "Who's looking at me, oh not cute, look away." Reminds of cruising, except he's just looking for "equally attractive" guys to pay attention to him. (I ignored).

Posted by: QJ201 | Oct 22, 2010 5:04:57 PM

16. Great as usual.
    But LOVED the comment at the end -- "Thanks Bryan. You've always been AList to me, and not because you have Stiffler's email address."
    Is Seann William Scott ever coming out?

Posted by: Rob | Oct 22, 2010 5:31:03 PM

17. Please tell me Joel P. didn't green light this mess?

Posted by: Marc S. | Oct 22, 2010 5:42:29 PM

18. LOL that was brilliant review- I tried watching the first episode but was horrified by these shallow preening men- the A List obviously stand for Assholes.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 22, 2010 5:43:56 PM

19. RDUb and ROB

LOL i thought the same thing when i saw Seann William Scott

and yeah WTF, they r all from LA shipped in to do this show right? whorheiken sure isn't a new yorker

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Oct 22, 2010 6:19:13 PM

20. Where do they dig up these squirming helium-voiced 'Hey Mary!' reporters? It's like some weird 50s girleen throwback.

Posted by: Jimbo | Oct 22, 2010 7:46:14 PM

21. @mstrozfckslv they're all YOURS dipwad. New York trash.

Posted by: wonderer | Oct 22, 2010 10:13:57 PM

22. I can't help it, I enjoy it! Especially scenes of guys sniffing eachother's arm pits, trying on speedos... Rodiney is super sexy, naive, and romantic, too!

Posted by: Joe | Oct 22, 2010 11:50:56 PM

23. And NOW you see why people hate us and think we are a sorry group of people???!!!!!

Posted by: shannon | Oct 23, 2010 2:44:00 PM

24. Bryan Safi is hysterical. I loved..."we can denigrate and fight for our rights all at the same time." LOL, funny!

Posted by: George | Oct 23, 2010 4:07:58 PM

25. I have never watched this show, just the read the re-caps on gawker, hysterical.
    These guys are pathetic.
    Oh and Tank, go see a mental health professional, not for our sake, but for yours.

Posted by: nyrkr | Oct 24, 2010 12:03:09 AM