Bullying | Dan Savage | James McGreevey | Joy Behar | News

Watch: Dan Savage and Jim McGreevey Discuss the Damage Done by Anti-Gay Political Rhetoric with Joy Behar

Savage_mcgreevey

Dan Savage and former NJ Governor Jim McGreevey joined Joy Behar to discuss how anti-gay political and religious rhetoric damages young people.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I really wish Jim McGreevey would just disappear. Savage is so damn articulate and that craven little McJerk keeps interrupting.

Posted by: Greg | Oct 25, 2010 12:06:29 PM

2. Not a McGreevey fan here either.

But as for the entire appearance: I agree with this. See, "words" really are important. Positive or negative.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Oct 25, 2010 12:25:23 PM

3. I feel a change is coming to this country, I
    pray its more an advoacy with the likes of
    Dan Savage,who will help bring it about. May the Spirits bless him.

Posted by: terryp | Oct 25, 2010 12:39:12 PM

4. McGreevey is a sleazy ex-politician who was closeted until he needed something to blame for his misdeeds. Zero credibility.

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Oct 25, 2010 1:04:42 PM

5. Listen to when Dan is talking about coming out as a teenager when he "decided to live with some integrity." Was that a backhanded slap to McGreevey, or am I reading too much into it?

Posted by: FilmTurtle | Oct 25, 2010 1:13:00 PM

6. I don't really trust McGreevey, but as long as he's doing good work, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think has the right to work toward his ethical redemption.

That said, GO DAN GO!

@ FILMTURTLE: yeah, Dan's no dummy. ;-)

Posted by: David R. | Oct 25, 2010 1:29:27 PM

7. And as a secular Jew, I'm glad they're calling out the Frum and what they're doing to their queer children.

Posted by: David R. | Oct 25, 2010 1:30:19 PM

8. Politicians will say what they think will win them votes whether they believe what they say or not. It's the pandering to the lowest common denominator that leads to the harmful rhetoric.

Posted by: anon | Oct 25, 2010 4:04:52 PM

9. that was Mc Greevy?? What a strange dude!

Posted by: ty | Oct 25, 2010 11:41:45 PM

10. McGreevey gives me the icks. He's shady.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 25, 2010 11:54:49 PM

11. And dan's what, 48? Well, at least he's not a shady sketcho.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 25, 2010 11:56:40 PM

12. I wish someone would tell Oprah that McGreevey is the actual 'face' of the Down-Low. What the hell is going on when this coward can be featured as somehow equal to Dan Savage?

Posted by: Ross | Oct 26, 2010 12:45:04 AM

13. Heterosexual, male, and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world... It is so sad that being raised in the church myself I see so much hate and hypocracy! Where did the love of God go? Many of these haters must think that we got our gay from sending in a coupon from a comic book, or box tops from cereal or something.

Posted by: bill miller | Oct 26, 2010 9:10:52 AM