Kanye West | Music Video

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Kanye West's Music Video For 'Runaway'

West
Kanye West just debuted his epic music video for his song "Runaway" and the lengthy clip (it's 35 minutes long) possesses a stunning color palette throughout. West had this to say to MTV about a dinner scene that appears about halfway in.

"Red probably is my favorite color. It's all based on color palettes, it's not racially charged at all. That's why I thought it was so dope that gay people took the rainbow, on taking colors that are symbolic in certain cultures and making them one's own."

I'm still undecided about the song itself but the video is a half hour of intense, eye-catching visuals. Watch it yourself AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. The video has parts of, I think, 9 out of the 11 songs on his new album, not just the one (though Runaway is crazy long here).

I like the video a lot, and the music even more. Then again, I've always liked Kanye, and have seen him more as a tragic man-child than a full-fledged assh*le.

Posted by: 7 | Oct 24, 2010 8:06:59 PM

2. The whole sequence of the dancers for the main song (the actual "Runaway" song) is impeccable and mesmerizing.
    Alan Parker and Adrian Lyne should be proud.

Posted by: Cristián | Oct 24, 2010 8:57:15 PM

3. When I saw the Chicken Lady having such a difficult time functioning with her long claws, I realized what Kanye is trying to say:
    "Hey sexy ladies, you can't eat or drink with those fingernails, let alone punch the keys on the cash register at my grocery store. So trim those talons, bitches."

Posted by: Musicvideoanalyst | Oct 24, 2010 9:26:22 PM

4. The last three minutes where Bird Lady is returning to the sky is amazing. Just stunning, and I can't even say why.

Posted by: Asher | Oct 24, 2010 10:39:23 PM

5. It's very, "cinamatique" and not at all to my taste. It's slow, boring and typical of Kanye, over indulgent...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Oct 24, 2010 11:52:10 PM

6. While there were plenty of cringeworthy moments, especially the ending, I loved the Runaway song. Modern ballet and hip hop with actual music behind it.

Posted by: Nathan | Oct 25, 2010 12:54:10 AM

7. Total ass.

Posted by: TANK | Oct 25, 2010 1:01:51 AM

8. ZZZZZZzzzzzz.....

Couldn't make it through more than a couple minutes. Keep driving, Kanye... perhaps you'll find some talent someday.

But I sincerely doubt it.

Posted by: Roy | Oct 25, 2010 2:36:13 AM

9. wait a second roy, the man is a multi-millionare, has 12 grammys, three #1 albums, and is pretty much recognized as a genius in the genre of hip-hop, is pro-gay rights and your saying he has no talent?

Hmmmm....at least your proving that being gay doesn't equal taste.

Posted by: Asher | Oct 25, 2010 5:33:44 AM

10. Asher, Kanye is a reformed homophobe who now supports gay rights, I guess. I don't think he's actually done anything to support gay rights, but he's not against them.

Meatwad makes the money, see?

Posted by: Natira | Oct 25, 2010 6:09:26 AM

11. Yet more over-indulgent crap from the attention whore Kanye West. The man is a pain in the rear. The sixties generation would have laughed at this buffoon and his excesses.

Posted by: jason | Oct 25, 2010 7:42:44 AM

12. I'm hard pressed to think of any artist I'm less interested in than this guy, even Justin Bieber.

Posted by: Brent Z | Oct 25, 2010 7:56:09 AM

13. This is more than an attempt to call egoist self masturbatory video actual artistic expression. There is a message here that, to understand, requires an awakening to the secret that subjugates mankind to suffering. Freedom lies in the question: Who Am I?

Posted by: Bong | Oct 25, 2010 8:54:07 AM

14. I'd rather not.

K-Thx.

Posted by: Truth Patrol | Oct 25, 2010 9:59:19 AM

15. Brilliant film. His new album looks to be amazing, and it's already #1 in pre orders, on iTunes.

Haters carry on hating.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 25, 2010 10:50:57 AM

16. I loved the whole thing. I thought i didnt' like kanye, guess i was wrong.

Posted by: Nate | Oct 25, 2010 11:13:25 AM

17. This is really interesting. While it's totally self indulgent, I completely respect his ability to push the art of music video in the same way that he aspires to push hip hop. It could have been 5 minutes of lens flares and champagne at the club, but instead it was ballet, theatre, race relations and challenging concepts.

I'd argue that we need more Kanye's in modern music, even if at times his ego gets the better of him.

Posted by: JP | Oct 25, 2010 11:39:03 AM

18. When you're explaining you're more disinterested in someone like Kayne, who makes more then decent music and pairs himself with fantastic producers, then Justin Beiber, your more concerned about Kayne's a**hole attitude rather then is work. Totally your right, but from that perspective I say FAIL. And whats with the hate on Beiber, is music is made for "tweens", why should it interest any of us anyhow?

Posted by: craig | Oct 25, 2010 1:59:31 PM