Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'

Whipmyhair

It appears that the Jackson Pollock of Scientologist spawn has a hit on her hands.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I feel like an ad executive at Target could have made this...

Posted by: Shawn | Oct 19, 2010 3:23:47 AM

2. I didn't realize she was nine. I've been wondering how old she is, becuase she's TINY in the video. And was that really Laomi? If so I'm glad for her!

And anyone who has been listening to ANY Urban radio station knows that this song has been going strong on the airwaves.

Considering that it's a song by a nine year old, I'm pretty impressed.

Posted by: Asher | Oct 19, 2010 4:12:46 AM

3. why the hell is this on here? and why did i watch the whole thing? it's pretty annoying but i wonder what she REALLY sounds like lol.

btw i don't see anything sexual about it but did she mention driving?

Posted by: kb | Oct 19, 2010 5:07:40 AM

4. It's relevant, because the teacher whipping her hair like crazy, is transgendered woman Leiomy, from the Vogueing scene. She's schooling the kids on how to REALLY whip that wig around.

Posted by: Lala | Oct 19, 2010 5:37:08 AM

5. I wish the video featured more short, natural hair styles.

Posted by: morning sunshine | Oct 19, 2010 6:27:16 AM

6. Attacking a nine year old kid, I guess the gay bullying stories did nothing to help you all in the way you treat people.

Posted by: MickkW | Oct 19, 2010 7:07:38 AM

7. I think it's cute and catchy, kinda like the next "Lip Gloss". I see nothing wrong with what she does or says in the video. It's definitely age-appropriate. People are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. It makes me a little sick that its such blatant nepotism, but when both of your parents are entertainers what are you gonna do?

Posted by: AJ | Oct 19, 2010 8:03:22 AM

8. Fun song and I love the breakdown. Not going to listen to it every day if I can help it but there is WAY worse pop/R&B than this out there...

Posted by: jersey | Oct 19, 2010 8:29:59 AM

9. It is...Fucking amazing. *twirl*

Posted by: JonBenet | Oct 19, 2010 8:43:28 AM

10. "Will smith was a corporate creation of a non threatening rapper to sell to white folks"

That is just not true at all. Rap did not have a white audience in 1985, nor was Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince created by a corporation. Like most other rap groups at the time, they met and began performing together at house parties.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 19, 2010 8:52:42 AM

11. I'm sure no one would complain, if you were a young singer with famous parents trying to make it in the business. Leave the kid alone. It's a fun, catchy pop song. End of story.

It's kind of representing acceptance too. If you guys didn't know, that's Leiomy from Vogue Evolution in the video, dipping and twirling her hair.

Posted by: tiny | Oct 19, 2010 10:19:57 AM

12. All of you old queens who obviously don't have hair you can whip back and forth need to stop hating on a 9 year old. The song is ridiculously catchy (they played it at the club the other night), Willow is so talented for her age (most of you were most likely eating your snot at that age), and whether you like it or not, she is a star in the making.

P.S.- Get the hell out of here with your "nepotism" nonsense! That whole family is beyond talented!

Posted by: Tololon | Oct 19, 2010 10:32:25 AM

13. Glad I'm a chiropractor.

Posted by: Sean | Oct 19, 2010 11:39:09 AM

14. I absolutely LOVE this song!!!!! It's cute with a catchy hook and decent bass line. So it was made by a 9 year old, it sounds WAY better than any of the garbage currently getting radio play.

I must say that I'm amazed at the amount of negative comments for this song/video. It seems that if it isn't GaGa, Ke$ha or the likes, it's immediately written off - SAD.

Posted by: Micah | Oct 19, 2010 12:00:14 PM

15. Pimp your kids out much? That was way WAY too much. Panic inducing nonsense by someone who probably should be in school. UGHH!!

Posted by: Mike | Oct 19, 2010 1:33:34 PM

16. That was fun.
    And I say that as a 53 year-old white gay man with thinning hair, not that that matters: fun is fun, joyous strutting is joyous, catchy is catchy.
    [Do minds ever get changed in the Comments section?
    “Whip my Whip my Opinions Around!”]

Posted by: Steve | Oct 19, 2010 1:36:07 PM

17. Until she can do CALCULUS, no reason for the attitude. SNAP

Posted by: Git U Some Edjumocation | Oct 19, 2010 1:46:46 PM

18. This child is more talented and his culture is going to kick America's ass:

Agreed, the U.S.A. is ever more about attitude and posturing and not substance.

Posted by: 爆菊花 | Oct 19, 2010 2:05:08 PM

19. drag queens could work this

Posted by: kb | Oct 19, 2010 4:34:38 PM

20. GIRL DO YA POSITIVE SONG AND EFF THE HATERS .....THIS CAN BE AN ANTHEM IN THE GAY COMMUNITY FOR ALL THE FOLKS WHO HAVE TO DEAL WITH JEALOUS OLD QUEENS

Posted by: sal | Oct 19, 2010 10:01:44 PM

21. There is nothing unique or special about this generic piece of non-music. Nepotism is very much in play here just as it was with the young son's Karate Kid. These kids are incredibly fortunate that they've not had to go through the grueling process of paying their dues in order to deserve their chance to be in the spotlight. I hope they are grateful.

Posted by: Gilbaire | Oct 20, 2010 2:08:58 PM