George H.W. Bush | Larry King | Sarah Palin

Barbara Bush Wants Sarah Palin To Stay In Alaska

Bushpalin
Larry King interviewed George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara for an interview to be aired on CNN this coming Monday but the cable news network has released a clip with some highlights including one where King asks Mrs. Bush on her thoughts on Sarah Palin.

The former first lady takes a swipe at the quitting Governor: "I sat next to her once. I thought she was beautiful and I think she's very happy in Alaska and I hope she'll stay there."

Here's to that. The clip is AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. LOL, it is on, now sarah, tweet back.

Posted by: johnosahon | Nov 20, 2010 2:08:51 PM

2. I do love Silver Fox!

Posted by: Sean R | Nov 20, 2010 2:19:29 PM

3. A tactfully diplomatic put down from the Grand old lady.

Posted by: Den | Nov 20, 2010 2:21:03 PM

4. "Well I don't know what the Tea Party really is Larry... I mean if the Mad Hatter wants Alice in Congress well...." Pause for close up of drool running down chin into lap.

As for Barbra 'rhymes with bitch/fetus in a jar' Bush, anyone trashing Palin is OK with me, but she is still a @#*^, well it rhymes with bunt, hunt, punt, runt or stunt, but starts with a c.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 20, 2010 2:23:34 PM

5. The BEAST 50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2005

12. Barbara Bush

Charges:
    Her polluted womb nurtured the seed of American decadence. The root of America’s decay; the poison tree from whence the fruit loop George W. Bush sprang. This unfeeling, unthinking patrician hag spawned America’s most notorious welfare child, whose every glaring deficiency has been excused or underwritten by undeserved wealth. Chuckling, she remarked of poor people displaced by Hurricane Katrina, "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." Of their plans for permanent relocation, she speculated: "What I’m hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas." A true aristocrat, she sees poor people as another species.

Exhibit A:
    George H.W., George W., Jeb, Neil, Jenna, Barbara, Noelle, succeeding generations.

Sentence:
    Hysterectomy on principle. Bound and thrown into Lake Pontchartrain. If she floats, burned at the stake. If she drowns, even better.

Posted by: MarkDC | Nov 20, 2010 2:29:34 PM

6. Not a fan then Mark ?

Posted by: Den | Nov 20, 2010 2:33:10 PM

7. Wow, some of you really show how low class you are. Whatever you may think of W.(and I despise the man) this old lady hasn't done one fucking thing to you.

And as for the so-called fetus in a jar, an ounce of digging would tell you that what W. saw was his Mom going to the doctor after suffering a fucking miscarriage. She took the aborted fetus in to the doc with her for medical examination. She didn't keep it on the mantle. It's amazing how quick some of you are to behave like ill-bred cunts even while you cast aspersions at the other people. Only the lowest people will attack someone's family, like the people who attack Obama's wife and kids. You assholes are basically interchangeable with those assholes.

Posted by: Clay | Nov 20, 2010 2:35:57 PM

8. This just helped Sarah Palin out immensely

Posted by: Mike C. | Nov 20, 2010 2:36:24 PM

9. CLAY | NOV 20, 2010 2:35:57 PM

what are you talking about? the woman is mean and callous, didn't you read, mark's post?

i can never forget her remarks during Katrina. horrible lady

Posted by: johnosahon | Nov 20, 2010 5:00:40 PM

10. Has hell frozen over? I agree with Barbara Bush?

Posted by: Dave | Nov 20, 2010 5:09:47 PM

11. Another day, another Palin post.

Mark, you beat me to Barbara's Katrina comment.

Posted by: Max | Nov 20, 2010 5:10:23 PM

12. I never thought I'd be applauding Battle-ax Bush, but a hand for Barbara! Too bad we can't fence in Alaska while Sarah's filming there and put Barb on guard duty--that'd keep her in.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 20, 2010 5:14:07 PM

13. More chatter for Palin.

There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.
    -- Brendan Behan

Posted by: DeeVee | Nov 20, 2010 5:34:04 PM

14. What a sad existence it must be to constantly allow rage and anger into your heart and out of your mouth by the mere mention of another person's name. Adults don't hate, they disagree, discuss and educate. And name-calling, character assassination and sassy gay one liners don't count as any of those...

Posted by: Tim | Nov 20, 2010 6:34:33 PM

15. Tim, I haven't read any sassy gay one liners in this comments section. I think these comments are how people truly feel about Mrs Bush. I would welcome a little sass..Ironically, it will probably come from Palin.

I do think MARKDC is exagerating for poetic license. Her womb is not ACTUALLY a poisened tree ... only the way they brought up their children.

Posted by: stevetalbert | Nov 20, 2010 6:55:10 PM

16. She, like most establishment Republicans, knows that Palin is a fraud and will only hurt the party. Her husband would have gotten more flak for having said this, so they had her do it. Everything is scripted and planned.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 20, 2010 7:08:55 PM

17. TIM says: "...Adults don't hate, they disagree, discuss and educate. And name-calling, character assassination and sassy gay one liners don't count as any of those..."

AND BARBARA BUSH SAYS ABOUT THE IRAQ WAR:

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths. Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

TIM: You are a despicabe Moron - like Barbara And Palin.

SOURCE: ABC's "Good Morning America" March 18, 2003

Posted by: New Jersey Boi | Nov 20, 2010 7:48:23 PM

18. LOL! No, Den, not a fan.

Sorry Max. You get the next one!

Posted by: MarkDC | Nov 20, 2010 8:27:52 PM

19. Richard Nixon about Barbara Bush: "There's a woman who knows how to hate."

The difference between Babs and Sarah is the difference between old and new money.

Posted by: MAJeff | Nov 20, 2010 9:25:15 PM

20. oh no she di'nt

Posted by: gomez | Nov 20, 2010 10:46:35 PM

21. Just one of many little put downs and swipes at Palin we'll be hearing over the next year or so. The GOP is going to be in serious trouble in 2012 and they know if Palin is their nominee it would be disastrous for them.
    She knew exactly what she was going to say before the question was even asked.
    Just on old bitch trying to keep the new bitch down.

Posted by: Esteban | Nov 20, 2010 11:48:54 PM

22. Reading this thread... We're not worthy of equality. I'd barely consider some of you human, with the hate you spew. You are worse than even the most vocal of our adversaries. You are scum, and deserve what you get.

You people make me ashamed to be gay. Truly ashamed.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 21, 2010 4:15:27 AM

23. Once in a blue moon, Barbara speaks the truth... she was on record saying a man does not forget oral sex, even if it's bad! She was referring to President Clinton and Monica!

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Nov 21, 2010 7:53:26 AM

24. 1) Babs Bush is a morally deficient, hateful, awful woman. I would not piss on her if she were on fire. I don't really see the problem with disliking horrible people. Sorry if calling a spade a spade is a problem to some.

2) that being said I do have to respect her a little for being such. a. bitch. All the time, 24/7. And usually in a kind of amusing way. She gets points for consistency.

Posted by: MadM@ | Nov 21, 2010 10:24:10 AM

25. "Reading this thread... We're not worthy of equality."

Honey, please. Speak for yourself.

Gay people aren't worthy of equality because we make a few catty comments about catty women on a blog. Really? It's not as if honey and flowers pour from the lips of those two, but I guess heterosexuals deserve equal rights no matter what they say. (Read the comments on a gay thread of a conservative blog if you want to experience true hate and horrendous grammar.)

If that's all it takes to make you ashamed of being gay and feel unworthy of equality, you might want to sort through some self-esteem issues. Barbara and Sarah and their "beautiful minds"--veritable queens of self-esteem--will rave on just fine no matter what we say.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 21, 2010 11:01:15 AM