Chaz Bono | Cher | Jan Brewer | News | Sarah Palin | Transgender

Cher on Chaz Bono: 'She’s a very smart girl—boy! This is where I get into trouble. My pronouns are f**ked.'

Cher

Cher gets the cover of December's Vanity Fair, and here are a few excerpts from the article.

On Chaz and his gender transition:

"If I woke up tomorrow in a guy’s body, I would just kick and scream and cry and f**king rob a bank, because I cannot see myself as anything but who I am—a girl. I would not take it as well as Chaz has. I couldn’t imagine it...She’s a very smart girl—boy! This is where I get into trouble. My pronouns are f**ked. I still don’t remember to call her 'him.'"

On Sarah Palin:

"I got so obsessed with [C-SPAN] that it was kind of interfering with my life. Sarah Palin came on, and I thought, Oh, f**k, this is the end. Because a dumb woman is a dumb woman.”

On Arizona governor Jan Brewer:

"She was worse than Sarah Palin, if that is possible. This woman was like a deer in headlights. She’s got a handle on the services of the state, and I would not let her handle the remote control."

On taxes:

"I would be willing to pay a lot more taxes, because I make a lot more money, but I don’t want to give them more to just f**k things up more. It really should fall on people like me to get together and do things to help the people in this country. If you’re not worrying about how to put food on your table, you [should be] worrying about why other people don’t have food on their table. I remember a great America where we made everything. There was a time when the only thing you got from Japan was a really bad cheap transistor radio that some aunt gave you for Christmas."

Comments

1. why is the word 'fuck' spelled out several times, only to be censored as 'f**k' within the same post?

p.s. yay cher!

Posted by: EO | Nov 2, 2010 8:52:45 AM

2. I say the woman should run for public office.

Posted by: Rom | Nov 2, 2010 9:10:22 AM

3. Cher is amazing and looks beautiful but why does she have to talk like a truck driver?

Personally, I have tremendous respect for Chaz Bono and had no problem switching gears knowing that he was no longer a she.

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Nov 2, 2010 9:17:29 AM

4. Goddamn I love this bitch! Glad to see her back in the press. Cant wait for this to hit news stands!!

Posted by: Greg | Nov 2, 2010 9:17:36 AM

5. What do you mean why does she "have to" talk like a truck driver? Obviously she doesn't have to--she wants to.

Posted by: ben | Nov 2, 2010 9:30:25 AM

6. Unfortunately she speaks of Jan Brewer in past tense, and unfortunately Jan Brewer IS still governor of Arizona.

Posted by: KMC | Nov 2, 2010 9:35:36 AM

7. that is a gorgeous photo that really captures the essence of her - as far as I know it. Even the hunky boys pale beside her.

Posted by: hugo | Nov 2, 2010 9:58:50 AM

8. Long live the Queen! Yay Cher. She speaks her mind and I love it.

Posted by: Brian | Nov 2, 2010 10:17:56 AM

9. Cher is Dietrich-From-The-Block!

She's one of the only celebrities I could imagine having a perfectly ordinary conversation with.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 2, 2010 10:34:29 AM

10. "If you’re not worrying about how to put food on your table, you [should be] worrying about why other people don’t have food on their table."

This would solve all problems in the world.

Posted by: JNJ | Nov 2, 2010 11:01:28 AM

11. I second the motion for her to run for public office

Posted by: jerry | Nov 2, 2010 11:12:56 AM

12. Max, you didn't give birth to Chaz as a female, and didn't spend thirty-plus years calling her and thinking of her as she. Cut Cher a little slack.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Nov 2, 2010 12:02:15 PM

13. Cher is a diamond, one the hardest substances known to mankind, and one of the most beautiful. She's an icon for sure.

Posted by: JOEBLOE | Nov 2, 2010 12:33:46 PM

14. I think it would be very difficult to refer to a child that you pushed out of your uterus, nursed, and raised for forty years to suddenly have to refer to them by a different sex.

I like Cher. But I disagree with her on Jan Brewer. Cher lives in a mansion in Malibu, not on the Arizona-Mexico border. So I do not think she is an authority on our broken borders and millions of undocumented people in the US.

Posted by: Tell It Like It Is | Nov 2, 2010 1:43:09 PM

15. God love her. All others need to take a lesson from her. Have seen 4 concerts and she was the first fan club I ever belonged to (and last) at the age of 9 when she had the Sonny and Cher Show. Long live, Cher!

Posted by: George | Nov 2, 2010 1:45:59 PM

16. That's OK, Cher. It gets better.

Posted by: mike | Nov 2, 2010 2:06:27 PM

17. IF I WOKE UP IN CHER'S BODY, I'D BE KICKING, HIGH KICKING AND GIRLISHLY SCREAMING WITH JOY!!!! IT WOULD BE FABULOUS

Posted by: LaydeeGlamma | Nov 3, 2010 1:28:35 AM

18. Lady GaGa recently held an anti-Don't Ask Don't Tell rally, Cher hasn't done a damn thing for the gay community by coming forward for our equal rights. In fact her Las Vegas show starts with a crude joke about Teamsters dismembering a gay Teamster's body in the desert, which I might ad doesn't get any laughs. Sure she's a gay icon, but she's isn't returning that respect to the gay community.

Posted by: Darlinkula | Nov 3, 2010 9:29:05 AM